Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss stall of 10 days

hi everyone. I'm beyond frustrated. I am just over 4 months post op with gastric sleeve. I have lost close to 60 lbs already so I can't really complain how ever, I have been doing everything right and have not lost ONE lb in over 10 days now. In fact, I gained 1 lb as of this morning. I am doing everything right. Has anyone gone through this? I thought a stall wasn't supposed to last this long??!! Thanks!

Edited by jinnjuice527
spelling error

Do not panic just stay on course a stall happens for everyone - Do a little fast and mix up your calorie count to break it

Just stick to your plan. I never did anything different during stalls - I just stuck to my plan. Stalls are going to happen along the way - they happen to almost all of us. It'll break. Stay off the scale if you have to.

P.S. Stalls usually last 1-3 weeks, so 10 days is very normal.

Edited by catwoman7

It happens girl, don’t get frustrated 😁 you will stall out then drop all of a sudden! That’s what usually happens to me when i hit a stall

Yep it does happen & this likely won’t be your only stall. I also just kept to my usual eating plan while in my stalls. My longest one was 3 weeks & it was when I was a breath away from my goal weight - so frustrating to know that number was just in front of me.

Relax. Avoid the scales for a few days. Your weight loss will start again.

Embrace the stall.. I just broke a 3 week stall this morning. Did absolutely nothing different. It will pass.

I’ve been stalled for a little over a week now and have actually gained weight. I’m not even a month post op. Super frustrated! Ever since I started purées. I’ve been counting and my calories are normally around or less than 500. I get plenty of Water. Super worried!

When the stall breaks, do you lose a lot of weight in the following days? I hit my first stall 6 days post-op and lost 12lbs in those first few days but nothing since. I just thought it was odd because I am only consuming maybe 500 or so calories. I’ve been stalled for a week now and am almost scared to up my calories as I move on to soft food. Just wondering if you end up losing significant weight once the stall breaks.

Edited by angryspice

On 4/11/2020 at 3:32 PM, jinnjuice527 said:

hi everyone. I'm beyond frustrated. I am just over 4 months post op with gastric sleeve. I have lost close to 60 lbs already so I can't really complain how ever, I have been doing everything right and have not lost ONE lb in over 10 days now. In fact, I gained 1 lb as of this morning. I am doing everything right. Has anyone gone through this? I thought a stall wasn't supposed to last this long??!! Thanks!

Frankly, if you have managed to go for 4 months without a stall, then you are extremely lucky!

1 hour ago, angryspice said:

When the stall breaks, do you lose a lot of weight in the following days? I hit my first stall 6 days post-op and lost 12lbs in those first few days but nothing since. I just thought it was odd because I am only consuming maybe 500 or so calories. I’ve been stalled for a week now and am almost scared to up my calories as I move on to soft food. Just wondering if you end up losing significant weight once the stall breaks.

almost everyone has stalls along the way. The first one is typically within the first month or so after surgery. We call it the "three week stall" because it's usually the third week post-op, but not always. Mine was weeks 2 & 3. During week 4, my weight loss started up again, and I lost something like 6-8 lbs within a couple of days.

you don't need to change anything up at this point because this is just the typical three week stall when people are eating very few calories. It'll break. If you need to stay off the scale for a few days, do it - but your weight loss WILL start up again.

I am glad so I read this thread on stalling- I am 3 weeks out post op and have stalled for 5 days. Today I stuck to liquids and hope to restart but having read this thread, I won’t panic.

Edited by Tisha Ann