Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

losingjusme goes for plastics

FMLA is better than what we had before, which was retribution from companies if we had to take extended leaves of absences from work, but it is UNPAID time off. Before FMLA, you could get fired for taking off too much for family issues. Now, if it was PAID time off then it would be a great benefit and I could understand being strict about approving it so it wasn't abused.

FMLA for self in our company is paid via sick time (just doesnt count as an occurrence), when sick is out, you can use vacation then borrow vacation from next year.

it has been an act since i've been working, so not sure how it was before.. i just hope they approve it.

Just a question, how come you didnt opt for the LBL?I was just thinking that it would get rid of the need for back Lipo. But then you might still want the bra roll done, it is definatly on my list of places to suction.I know what you mean about the money though I am definately in the if I am doing thid I am going to do it right frame of mind!

to be honest, i didnt think i was ready for a LBL. when i first started plastics, i was thinking about my arms and maybe a tuck but just to see where i needed to be weight wise, it was suggested i get a panniculectomy...

i went to a 2nd consult for a panni, and that doctor said he could do an extended tuck with lipo, explained how his procedure was different, showed me impressive pics and i was sold.

also a good thing - GayleTX went to him as well and really liked him, so there you go.

i will eventually need my thighs done, it looks like i had a 'shark bite' out of my inner thighs, but they are shaping up really well due to my running and leg workouts ... who knows

ok, so this sucks so much.

tried the Creamy Caramel New whey - tasted like cardboard

tried the Double chocolate Mousse - tasted like chocolate cardboard.

wtf am i going to do now? hopefully the chocolate Peanut Butter will be in soon, maybe tomorrow ???

great way to lose the weight ... gag down 1/2 a shake 4 times a day :)

and yes, i honestly thought the Chocolate Mousse was going to make a return visit.

guess im not hungry after all.. :think

I have got the iced cappucino flavour and it is lovely.The coconut cream pie on the other hand made me gag!

You are kind of on the middle road then, not a LBL but much more than a panni, Do you think when you have finished the journey that you may go for a LBL? I reckon that once you have had the TT and they make you drum tight that you might get away with it when you get to goal!!

I have got the iced cappucino flavour and it is lovely.The coconut cream pie on the other hand made me gag!

You are kind of on the middle road then, not a LBL but much more than a panni, Do you think when you have finished the journey that you may go for a LBL? I reckon that once you have had the TT and they make you drum tight that you might get away with it when you get to goal!!

well, i am anxiously waiting for the peanut butter/chocolate flavor, it was recommended by laurend. i emailed Amazon to see if i can send them back. all else fails, i will put some of the da vinci syrups in there and see if that makes things better. i literally almost gagged at the chocolate mousse... not a good thing at work (or anywhere actually).

i am hoping if i can drop these 20 (or more) pounds, and they remove 20-25lbs, i will be about 30ish pounds from my first goal and see what happens.

ideally, later, i would like a brachioplasty (arms), and my shark bite thighs taken care of as well. i may have a lift or something done to the girls, but not sure... they sure have deflated quite a bit :) poor DH!

you know, even after the TT, i just cannot picture a flat tummy. i really cant. i've had a massive stomach since i can remember. :(

**sigh**

i knew i wasnt going to be able to stick with it... i havent eaten anything so far today, i've had about a scoop of Protein Powder for this morning (made it w/ 2 scoops and drank 1/2 of it) and this afternoon made 1 scoop and drank about 4 sips before gagging.

i really dont know what to do. this whole diet mentality messes me up so bad. banding is not about dieting, why am i doing this to myself?

i get satisfied on a few ounces of Protein (chicken) why cant i just do that?? now i feel like i am such a failure cause i cant do protein powder ... grrrrr. and yes, i know that its shitty tasting but i should just suck it up.

here's a pic of my lap. i am sitting down on the couch. my left hand is where my tummy used to extend to... i literally used to not be able to see my knees... ;)

You have come so far already, The TT is just going to reveal the REAL you that happens to have got a bit lost in the skin!

I just re-read my comment then, I hope that it came across the way that I meant it! Can you imagine what it will be like when you are finally revealed in all your glory? I cant wait to see you afterwards.If I am being honest I booked my PS before the band because I can be a lazy cowbag and I wanted an instant result, you on the other hand have worked your ass off ( quite literally I might add) so I am almost more excited for you than I am for me. (only almost though ;) )

you on the other hand have worked your ass off ( quite literally I might add) so I am almost more excited for you than I am for me. (only almost though ;) )

I'll add a great big "ditto" to that. LJM, you have impressed the h*ll out of me over the past year. You've really worked your band, exercised like a demon, and are also a very kind, supportive person to others here. I'm excited for you!

Tami

LJM.. Your hand, and legs look sooo much smaller than mine. YEAH FOR YOU. And the difference in tummy already, wow! I can not wait to see the results after this surgery. I am FINALLY down to 267#... Where about are you landing on the scales, if you don't mind sharing? Are the legs from running, or have you had smaller legs all along? I am sometimes jog/walking... are you full blown running now? Sorry tons of Q.?.

I just re-read my comment then, I hope that it came across the way that I meant it! Can you imagine what it will be like when you are finally revealed in all your glory? I cant wait to see you afterwards.If I am being honest I booked my PS before the band because I can be a lazy cowbag and I wanted an instant result, you on the other hand have worked your ass off ( quite literally I might add) so I am almost more excited for you than I am for me. (only almost though :) )

oh nina, now that i re-read it, HIGHLY offended ... :smile::wink: not.

and to be honest, no i cannot imagine how i am going to be after my surgery. i dont remember not having a gut - - ever. even when i was in 2nd grade my belly was there. granted it wasnt as huge as it was/is now, but i've always had a belly... i have worked my ass off, but lately i've been slacking and the scales have shown it. even running this Saturday.... i go a mile run/walk combo and stop at a mile. and i am supposed to do a 9 mile marathon in May? dunno if i will make it. my DH ran 4.44 miles Saturday and it was his 3rd time out running... i feel like such a loser sometimes (and not in the good kind of way either). i am really excited for all of us and cant wait to hear how everyone does.

I'll add a great big "ditto" to that. LJM, you have impressed the h*ll out of me over the past year. You've really worked your band, exercised like a demon, and are also a very kind, supportive person to others here. I'm excited for you!

Tami

**blush** Thanks Tami. you have been quite an inspiration to me for awhile now..

LJM.. Your hand, and legs look sooo much smaller than mine. YEAH FOR YOU. And the difference in tummy already, wow! I can not wait to see the results after this surgery. I am FINALLY down to 267#... Where about are you landing on the scales, if you don't mind sharing? Are the legs from running, or have you had smaller legs all along? I am sometimes jog/walking... are you full blown running now? Sorry tons of Q.?.

me weight loss is minimal lately. in fact, since August 13th, i've lost less than 20 pounds. my weight this morning was 263. last Monday, i was 267, so i may be getting my act together, but who knows??? eating crap and not working out is not a good combination... i go in for a fill tomorrow, hopefully that will help. ideally, i wanna drop another 16 pounds before surgery.

my legs have gone down quite a bit with the weight loss. quite a bit of loose skin on my thighs - will have to be taken care of with more plastics im sure.. i am running now but cant go more than 3 mins without slowing down. but i run about 5.2-5.4 MPH when i run and my walking pace is 4.5-4.8.

keep up with the running, it does help shaping the legs... as does strength training.