Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many calories are you supposed to eat 2 months post-op?

I'm worried I'm eating too much. I'm eating around 800-900 calories

I ate 600-800 for the first few months, but some programs recommend a little more than that. I'd ask your surgeon or dietitian what they recommend.

Here is a good calculator:. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/calorie-calculator/itt-20402304

i have calculated my requirement and then cut that in half to give me my basic daily need. For me that's about 900 er day.

My dietician told me 1000 ca/day. I told her I was havinging difficulty getting in 600-800 and she told me I should be getting at least 1000 but people normally do not meet that goal until they are about 6mths out.

I was only getting about 400 calls per day for about the first 6 weeks. I track my macros in mfp and just started trying hard to increase the calories with healthy options and it has been working well. I get in about 600-700 calories now and am continuing to lose weight weekly.

I was up to 500 cal/day at 2 months.

I was at 450-500 until month 3 then up to 500-600 until month 6 when I was below goal weight and purposely increased to 1000 to stop the weight loss. The loss slowed a little until I hit 1500-1800 to hit maintenance.

Yeah too much I was still around 500kcal a day.. At 3 months some days i go up to 700kcal

Following your Doc's plan is more important than counting calories, or carbs, or Protein, or whatever.

Unless, of course, you're Doc's program involves counting things, then do it with devotion.

While I'm sure my Doc's program was intended to get us into a particular range on protein, carbs, calories, etc., if I was following the plan I didn't need to count anything but meals.

My Doc's plan was 3 meals of 3oz protein, 1oz veggies. The 3x3oz of protein would get me to 60g protein. The calories and carbs would likewise be within the appropriate range. Thus, I just needed to focus on simple 3oz protein, 1oz veggies each meal. First 6 weeks, same thing but pureed. Early on I had a problem even getting half way through the protein, let alone much else, but this was to be expected. By the end of the first 6 weeks I was getting appropriate quantities.

So, if you're following your Doc's plan you are doing great. Keep up the good work.

Good luck

Tek