Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help. When do you stop being so cold after surgery. Please let me know. I hot being hot but cold is hard.

I’m at 16 months and still always cold ☹️

Oh thank God i thought it was just me first 2 weeks i understood because of the lovanox blood thinner but its going on week 6 and im always cold ...and im the one that was always hot sleeping with windows open in the winter and im in new york

I’m 4 months out and cold all the time. We’ve lost our insulation!

It's a little refreshing to me. I used to get hot all the time. Winter I'd have the house in the 60s, now I bump it up to 70 and still get cold.

I am 10 months out and at goal with a BMI of 23. I am freezing all the time. I actually enjoyed the past summer, which is unheard of for me, and I used to enjoy winter so much, but now it is pretty awful. I wear extra layers of clothes everywhere. The only time I am not chilled is when I am exercising. I hate going to bed cold, so I do 30 minutes on my elliptical an hour before bed and then I actually feel warm and comfortable.

At work, we really hustle, and while my coworkers are feeling warm all the time, I am wearing an additional scrub jacket with long sleeves! I used to get upset at my skinny husband for always turning the heater way up in the car. Now it is ME turning up the heater. I just die going into a grocery store - I've learned to take a jacket, as they are so cold. The frozen food isles are awful.

I don't think this will ever change. We lost our blubber and all our insulation! BUT........ whining over. This is a small price to pay for a new life. :)

Make sure you are getting enough fluids. Feeling cold is one of the primary symptoms of dehydration. A good easy test is to pinch the skin on the back of your hand and release. If it instantly snaps back and you can't even tell where you pinched, you are good. If it snaps back more slowly and leave a momentary ridge, drink up.

Edited by Fatboyslim1

1 hour ago, Fatboyslim1 said:

Make sure you are getting enough fluids. Feeling cold is one of the primary symptoms of dehydration. A good easy test is to pinch the skin on the back of your hand and release. If it instantly snaps back and you can't even tell where you pinched, you are good. If it snaps back more slowly and leave a momentary ridge, drink up.

No worries there. I get all 64-100 oz daily.) If you get to the point of being able to pinch up your skin, you are way dehydrated. It should never get to that point.

I use microwavable slippers and gloves!