Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Dates

hi all i am new to this site and im being banded on monday 1/28 and im so scared......i have a 10 month old baby girl and all that i can think about is what if i dont make it through the surgery..........did anyone else fel this way.........

Youniquegrl, I wasn't nervous, just excited. It really goes so fast. I remember the DR. saying he was giving me something to go to sleep, and the next thing I know they were waking me up in the recovery room. Try not to worry, You've been blessed with a baby girl,and now you will have the chance to really enjoy her. My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow.

Dec 31- Chrisann (honorary member of the Jan 08 bandsters)

Jan 1- HAPPY NEW YEARS! Starting the year off right!

Jan 2- phowell, Megmarie21, Gingerbug(Victoria), jengland, racetrackweary, rainbowme2(Bunny), RT, jojokitty

Jan 3-WOWOX7, Woodsy,momto3, Mommamare, nancy52,AnneElliot, ovahkummer,

Jan 4- KUgirl, steviegene, SuzanneG, Songinmysoul, sleclerc (shirley), WendyRae, MamaJava

Jan 5- texasbandster

Jan 6

Jan 7- CallmeJim, comepickmeup, NukeChik, mamato3, kintime, Shell, destined2befree, babedoe4, ch4251, ladyroz

Jan 8- Fat&thrifty(and husband Joe), itz me, faa31, crackedpepper, flipbarnett, Joanna240, rustymarie, gingydilly, seajules, ttallman, iaasw

Jan 9– Redtulips3, FLMan, TachaBaby505, Lillyanne_M, CJV,grandmom4x

Jan 10- luvsrocks, Hilary, Jen25bl, jtag10_4, Char1007, Pizzaman citygirl4616,

FLMan

Jan 11- brez1015, Tmusicmaker123, Poopsie, Ready2JustDoIt, B-Man, ganigirl6, Ms.BearKat11, yelsnia(Angela), glorybee123's Avatar

glorybee123

Jan 12- jen6740, Jan_08

Jan 13

Jan 14- CoreynVA, acalpn, srbanker(Suzanne), grayl, cnukaya, Jessthat, Deedle, thinner-or-bust, gilliebean, greeniiii, mitch, WestCoastFatGuy, maryt

Jan 15- Travelology, Dianegoe, poodlecamper, LKM, greeneyez, alfofohio , restrict2008, aprilbene, , jbentleyrn

Jan 16- Kathy, Saleel, back2reality, Cherry_Blue, Dazzle, nadean, with his help, Laurinda; Pikedafoe, Ms.Toya, SMR100, thistledo,

Jan 17- SJK, Alfie, L.A., lwood, tweenwaters, Laurieloo, kcintx,mia31771, Kalia Jade, bibalitsa, kristinern

Jan 18- RuthE?, shanarene

Jan 19 utahband

Jan 20

Jan 21- mo7293 (Maureen), graham, lee41, Chrisann

Jan 22- purplegoddess, DPJDMOM, bcgates, AmyMT, bcgates, BensonRN, Mistahbue, beth122, sef129

Jan 23- min, Ang1982 (Angela) Tigger_Shorty (Rose), WhirlWinds, awesomemom, Pam-TX

Jan 24- holleyhobby,jst4kel,kimmycrs, Somogyi1, rakes4321, RomeGA3, Road_King

Jan 25- Noni(Mary), htay73il (Hope), Thor, rakes4321(Amy), khoffman (Karen) Diane - south fla

Jan 26- Louise (London)

Jan 27

Jan 28- kawanabear(Kalonda), crystalcml, blg200200, justtjohn, PeachesPJ, kpoincon, AnewDayForRose, joyross43

Jan 29- Milton 5a (Lauren, UK, 21)

Jan 30- PortuguesePrincess(Stephanie),Amberwaves(Amber), Tamika(taismommy), jaycee, kat_in_GA

Jan 31- SarahT1982, lkgrubb, sexymama, Queb

Hi Everyone,

So I am 5 days post-op and feel pretty sore. I stopped taking all my pain meds so I am more uncomfortable than I was 2 days ago. How is everyone else who had the surgery recently feeling? I am also really hungry - but I guess it is more of a brain hunger than really a stomach thing. Though, I am already getting sick of the Protein Shakes that I have to be on for the first 2 weeks, and I can no longer watch the food network because it makes me drool. Also, I weighed myself yesterday morning and was down 1 lb. since the surgery, and then I weighed myself again today and was up 6 lbs. today. Does think make any sense? I am feeling a little bit frustrated . . .

Pam

Pam, I am four days post-op. No pain, just a few esophogeal spasms. Reading all the diets on this site makes me wonder which one is correct! I was on Clear Liquids for my one day hospital stay. The first week, creamed Soups strained, thinned cream of wheat, pudding, Protein Shakes. 2nd week blended (blender) food - pureed meats, vegetables, whipped potatoes, etc. 3rd week soft foods chicken, fish, eggs, cottage cheese, toasted breads, 4th week all foods as tolerated. My doctors want us to be on solid foods prior to the first fill.

I am down about 11 pounds, but that includes the pre-op day before of clear liquids and citrus of magnesium for a good "clean out."

I was hungry last night as well - I think it was head hunger, too, because I have felt full ever since surgery and have to remind myself to eat and get my Protein in.

I did try to sleep on my sides last night. Did okay, I rolled over on my tummy and thought I had ripped my insides out. I guess I am not ready for that yet!

I know it's been said a million times before, but we all heal differently. Just take your time and remember that your diet program will allow you to eat foods before you know it. The pain will be gone, too!

Good Luck. Karen

P.S. I have stopped watching regular t.v. because of all the commercials for food. I don't want to see that just yet. I have never watched so many movies before! Karen

Hi Everyone,

So I am 5 days post-op and feel pretty sore. I stopped taking all my pain meds so I am more uncomfortable than I was 2 days ago. How is everyone else who had the surgery recently feeling? I am also really hungry - but I guess it is more of a brain hunger than really a stomach thing. Though, I am already getting sick of the Protein Shakes that I have to be on for the first 2 weeks, and I can no longer watch the food network because it makes me drool. Also, I weighed myself yesterday morning and was down 1 lb. since the surgery, and then I weighed myself again today and was up 6 lbs. today. Does think make any sense? I am feeling a little bit frustrated . . .

Pam

Pam, I too am 5 days out. I have thankfully had a relatively easy time of it, but just the usual soreness on the belly and gas/shoulder pain. I have found that a microwavable heating pad works wonders for the soreness on the belly and in the shoulder!!! I got mine at Walmart for about 12 bucks--thermabeads is the brand I think, and it's got a handy velcro strap so you can secure it around yourself like a belt.

Also, I use the Gas-X strips that melt on the tongue. Be sure you read the dosage cuz I didn't at first and you're supposed to take 2 at a time!

As far as weight gain goes, I wouldn't stress about it at this point. We still have to process the IV fluids out and everything...so that may make your weight look different than it should. Also, we are swollen / healing in the stomach and that puts different demands on our body that may cause it to retain Water.

Best of Luck to you!!!

Pam, hang in there. You know you didn't really gain 6 pounds without eating!

This was my first surgery ever, and I was surprised by some of the post-op changes I went thru also.

I am 26 days post op and I really feel great most of the time. My doctor had me on liquid only for 3 weeks. I am just starting the pureed foods, so feeling a little weak at times.

I think every day is getting easier!

Good luck. I know you'll feel better soon

I have an 18 month old and a 5 year old. I was so scared that I had my husband make all kinds of promises about raising our kids. And I wrote letters to them in case something went wrong!

I am happy to say that I made it through surgery fine. The hardest thing has been that I can't really lift my daughter (over the 10 1b limit).

I kept reminding myself that one of the reasons I chose to have the surgery was to be able to set a healthy example for my kids. Good luck.

Pam, I am post op 5 days and today I can say is my turning pt. Hold on it will come. I bought a heating pad and laid on my stomach until i couldnt stand it no longer and the gases were coming on out. I did that 2-3 a day. Yesterday I was feeling weak and had a cup of creamy Soup, chicken herb , nice and hot and i was so full that i was a little worried i went overboard. But the hunger went away and was full for four hours, longer than my shakes. I went to dr today and she said i can have creamy soupy mash potatoes, so first thing i did was make some up. It was not fattening, i added chicken broth to soup it up and just a 1/4 cup has my belly full. so call ur doc and ask if you can have some soup and soupy mash pots. Hope u feel better soon. Take care and keep in touch. One day at a time, remember. Dazzle

Woo Hoo! So glad to be part of such an amazing group!

Dec 31- Chrisann (honorary member of the Jan 08 bandsters)

Jan 2- phowell, Megmarie21, Gingerbug(Victoria), jengland, racetrackweary, rainbowme2(Bunny), RT, jojokitty

Jan 3-WOWOX7, Woodsy,momto3, Mommamare, nancy52,AnneElliot, ovahkummer,

Jan 4- KUgirl, steviegene, SuzanneG, Songinmysoul, sleclerc (shirley), WendyRae, MamaJava

Jan 5- texasbandster

Jan 6

Jan 7- CallmeJim, comepickmeup, NukeChik, mamato3, kintime, Shell, destined2befree, babedoe4, ch4251, ladyroz

Jan 8- Fat&thrifty(and husband Joe), itz me, faa31, crackedpepper, flipbarnett, Joanna240, rustymarie, gingydilly, seajules, ttallman, iaasw

Jan 9– Redtulips3, FLMan, TachaBaby505, Lillyanne_M, CJV,grandmom4x

Jan 10- luvsrocks, Hilary, Jen25bl, jtag10_4, Char1007, Pizzaman citygirl4616,

FLMan

Jan 11- brez1015, Tmusicmaker123, Poopsie, Ready2JustDoIt, B-Man, ganigirl6, Ms.BearKat11, yelsnia(Angela), glorybee123's Avatar

glorybee123

Jan 12- jen6740, Jan_08

Jan 13

Jan 14- CoreynVA, acalpn, srbanker(Suzanne), grayl, cnukaya, Jessthat, Deedle, thinner-or-bust, gilliebean, greeniiii, mitch, WestCoastFatGuy, maryt

Jan 15- Travelology, Dianegoe, poodlecamper, LKM, greeneyez, alfofohio , restrict2008, aprilbene, , jbentleyrn

Jan 16- Kathy, Saleel, back2reality, Cherry_Blue, Dazzle, nadean, with his help, Laurinda; Pikedafoe, Ms.Toya, SMR100, thistledo,

Jan 17- SJK, Alfie, L.A., lwood, tweenwaters, Laurieloo, kcintx,mia31771, Kalia Jade, bibalitsa, kristinern

Jan 18- RuthE?, shanarene

Jan 19 utahband

Jan 20

Jan 21- mo7293 (Maureen), graham, lee41, Chrisann

Jan 22- purplegoddess, DPJDMOM, bcgates, AmyMT, bcgates, BensonRN, Mistahbue, beth122, sef129, Nor Cal Girlie (Adri)

Jan 23- min, Ang1982 (Angela) Tigger_Shorty (Rose), WhirlWinds, awesomemom, Pam-TX

Jan 24- holleyhobby,jst4kel,kimmycrs, Somogyi1, rakes4321, RomeGA3, Road_King

Jan 25- Noni(Mary), htay73il (Hope), Thor, rakes4321(Amy), khoffman (Karen) Diane - south fla

Jan 26- Louise (London)

Jan 27

Jan 28- kawanabear(Kalonda), crystalcml, blg200200, justtjohn, PeachesPJ, kpoincon, AnewDayForRose, joyross43

Jan 29- Milton 5a (Lauren, UK, 21)

Jan 30- PortuguesePrincess(Stephanie),Amberwaves(Amber), Tamika(taismommy), jaycee, kat_in_GA

Jan 31- SarahT1982, lkgrubb, sexymama, Queb

Here are the dates that people have posted thus far.

Copy and paste this post, and add your name to the surgery date list!

If a mistake was made or your date changed, please correct it!

Jan 2

Jan 3-WOWOX7

Jan 4- KUgirl, stevigene

Jan 5

Jan 6

Jan 7- CallmeJim, comepickmeup

Jan 8- fat&thrifty(and husband)

Jan 9 – Redtulips3, FLMan, SunriseinPA

Jan 10- luvsrocks, Hilary

Jan 11

Jan 12

Jan 13

Jan 14- CoreynVA, acalpn

Jan 15

Jan 16

Jan 17

Jan 18- RuthE?

Jan 19

Jan 20

Jan 21- Chrisann

Jan 22

Jan 23- min-MissTlynn

Jan 24

Jan 25

Jan 26

Jan 27

Jan 28

Jan 29

Jan 30

Jan 31

I am also 5 days post-op and I have had a horrible time of it - First I had an allergic reaction to the pain medication so had to go off that. Yes the gas is horrible but a heating pad and gas-x thin strips do help.. but to top it all off I woke up with a massage head cold this morning which has set me back about 3 days I figure. They kept telling me how important it is to start walking at least 30 minutes a day and up until yesterday I had no energy whatsoever to do that, sore and very tired. I then had some pureed spinach and thought okay, tomorrow I will start but now I am on my back with this headache to beat the band and a body that feels like it has been trampled on. Luckly I have the rest of this week off and I am hoping to start moving around very soon. Sorry to sound like a downer but I am still waiting for that feeling of - Yeah I did the right thing! One good thing about all this - no real hunger to speak of and getting full on very little.

Here's hope for all of us.

I am 6 days out and doing great! I walked my first full mile today....I am getting all my Protein and Water down. I still have a tad of gas and potty pains..poo...I am going to the bathroom but it feels like it is stuck there but moving nevertheless. I think that the walking is the big help! I get hunger smells for things I wish I could eat lol but being a good girl here. I see my Doc on 2/8 for follow up. I tried those gas-x strips no such luck for me...I just lay on my belly and heating pad(over my feather pillows)that seems to work the best..I still have some pain but not as bad as the first day out.Weighed myself for the first time today 205lbs.

Wish you all the best of luck!

~WhirlWinds~

Hi whirl winds... glad that ur doing better... great going with that walking. i havent started walking yet..but maybe this weekend....

Agnes...give ur self time to heal.... everyone is different and if ur sick thenouch...its a double whammie... take it easy and just get the rest..u'll get there when u get there its not a race....have a better night take care Dazzle