Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Dates

Banded Jan 22 this year. Lost only 16 lbs first month, then 4 more til now. That seems sloooow! I've had 1st fill of one cc and have to wait 5 more weeks til next fill. I am stuck, not losing weight and want to eat ALL THE TIME! Help? sari43

Hang in there, remember to eat at least 60+ grams of Protein, eating protein first and then the other things. Also eat no more then 20 minutes and 3 times per day. Also challenge yourself to excercise at least 30 minutes 3 times per week. It will be slow till your body sees that there is no more coming and lets you start to change the metabolism.

Sari43 you are doing great! Don't be discouraged. Slow and steady wins the race...remember. :blushing:

Sari43

We must be in the same boat. I was banded January 17th 2008 and have only lost about 15 lbs. I've had 3 fills so far - the nurse keeps telling me that we will find the "sweet spot" and when the band is filled to the right amount it will get easier. I have noticed a difference since my last fill but I am still hungry a lot of the time and it is hard work! The weight you've lost so far is a FABULOUS start!

bibalitsa (camano island, wa)

I am glad to see the January banders are sharing their journey. I was banded on January 24th. I have only had one fill. At first I thought I had some restriction. But it really is all gone. I might not be able to eat as much, but I know it's still more than I should be able to. I lost about 18 lbs before surgery, but only a couple of pounds after the surgery. I still am not exercising as I should. The good thing is I am not gaining weight.

When I got my fill I was told my port was a little tilted. Has anyone else been told this.

Dianne TX

What kind of band do you have and where is the port? My port is beside my ribcage and I can't even feel that it is there. When I had my fill, I didn't even feel it. But, I don't feel any restriction unless I am eating some kind of meat, then it gets stuck and I feel pressure in my chest. Anyone else have that feeling? Still haven't lost much weight, only 13 pounds since surgery but I am hoping that this spring I can get out more(Michigan weather can be nasty)

Second fill is coming up on April 9th, hoping to get more restriction and more weight loss.

Port is on my left side right above my waist line. Had my 3rd fill today, They say we all different, I have had no restriction at all so today she got very aggressive, now I have 5 cc in a 10 cc band, But in a week if I still feel like there is no restriction to call and go back and get another. getting very discouraged, lost about total of 20 thats pre,and post op. ready to get this show on the road... If ya know what I mean........Becky,Banded Jan 25,2008

Becky: I understand what you mean " Ready to get this show on the rode. " I have 6.4 in a 10 cc band. Sounds like my doctor is being a little more aggressive. Now that I have 6.4 I have much more restriction. But I am thinking maybe to much. I had my second fill last Thursday, I am waiting to see if it will get better, don't really want to go and ask for them to take any out. I can drink, but I am having trouble eating much of anything..

I am determined to make this band work.

Dianne

I'm very flustrated. I can eat all the sweets and bad stuff I want with no problem, but when it comes to chicken or meat. I have a feeling of throwing up. Sometimes it will pass, but often I can't get by without throwing up. I had a 1 cc fill, the doctor took out .25 cc's and it is better, but I still can't eat most meat. I try to go slow with small bites.

HELP! :eek:I'm stuck. I can't seem to loose. I've been stuck since Mid February. I'm working night shift and I know that is part of the problem. What is wrong? Do I need to take out all of the fill? I'm afraid I will gain weight.

I'll be through with nights in 2 weeks. Maybe that will be better.

I got my band Jan 31 and I feel the same way and want 'to get the show on the road'. I don't feel so much restriction but I get pains in my shoulder, and feel a lump in my throught if I eat quickly or take too big a bite. Also have a little trouble in the morning. Other than that I can eat a lot and will be hungry a lot. I have slowed down my eating but I have only lost 3 pounds in 6 weeks and have had 2 fills. The weight I lose is from the liquid/mush stage after my fill. On one hand, I want progress but on the other, I am afraid that the band will be too tight and I wan't be able to get much down. I am due for a fill soon. I am going Friday because I need to get through the liquid/mushies before I travel on vacation next week.

Lucy: That is exactly why I do not want to go ask for them to take out any fill. But I do not know if I can last as long as you have being stuck. I am also having problems with any kind of meat. That why I went and got me the Protein bullets to mix with my Water, so I could be sure to get my protein in each day.

Dianne

18_3_110.gif Also Had my band on 1/31/2008. I have lost 12 pounds since surgery and am frustrated as well. Had a Realize 10 cc band done. I had one fill of 3.5 cc and see no restriction; but also am not hungry, think this is due to low carbs and high Protein diet. I find food not so exciting anymore and I am a gourmet cook. I also find I can look at food and see the carbs and fat and then say no. This is new phase of life for me. Still appreciate good food just in very small bites. Much of my restriction is mental not by lapband, that will come.

I can measure the milestones of WLS in other ways:

ring size has dropped to 7 from 8 1/2

shoe size has dropped 1 size

pants I had not worn in 4 years fit the way they should

I had a complement on my skin how clear and smooth it was

I smile more

I sleep better

I can jog now (at least on a underwater treadmill)

I exercise 3-4 times a week up from 0

I have made many friends on LBT

I have gone from 2X to XL in all my shirts

I am measuring my steps in all my areas of progress instead of on the scale!

Hang in there we want to be successful and it will come, the Band will do what it is suppose too when we get it, our minds and bodies all in sync.

Love to you all!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYUS

36_1_33.gif I didn't mean to be preachie, but sometime it is hard to focus on the good things happening and WE all need to do that!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYUS

I have a friend who has had the band for 1 year. she said the first 6 months were just trying to find the right fit on the fills. She has lost over 100 lbs with the band and exercise. She looks and feels fantastic. I am sure we will all get there as long as we eat healthy and move our bodies. Looking forward to summer and more weight loss. I too have gone down 1 size in clothing. It feels good to say that. . .

When you say you have good restriction, how do you know when to stop eating, just the pressure or hiccups or what?

7_5_138.gif For me right now, when I feel full or simply not hungry anymore. I do not seem to have any restriction just not eating for more then 20 minutes is first key. Second is when I have eaten approximately one cup of food. While I know we are not suppose to count calories I do look at portion size and grams of Protein when I eat. so I do try to include 20-30 grams per meal.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYUS