Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone! I am currently 5 months post op and I am loving this new life. I get told everyday how good I'm looking and how I lost a lot of weight I just don't really see it I guess yet🤷‍♀️ I am however having issues with my vitamins and I'm lacking motivation hard with exercising! What Vitamins can you keep down? Like I think my biggest thing are the MULTIVITAMINS. I get sick every time so I end up not taking my vitamins which is horrible and I don't want to do that.

What gets you motivated to workout?? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Motivation peaks and troughs, motivation may get you started but commitment will keep you going.

For exercise, do something that you enjoy...join a sports team if that's your thing ogor dancing. If you find yourself constantly putting off scheduled exercise..do in the morning....get everything ready the night before, set as many alarms as you need to get out of bed, get out of bed and just do it. That way you have no excuses later in the day.

Do you enjoy walking but short of time? Break it down into manageable chunks of time...instead of doing 30 minutes do 2 x 15mins or 3 x 10mins etc.

Make appointments to walk with a friend or family member...it will be a great opportunity to catch up while exercising.

I meet with a personal trainer 2x a week. Having the appointment keeps me in line.

1 hour ago, Hop_Scotch said:

Motivation peaks and troughs, motivation may get you started but commitment will keep you going.

This is AWESOME!! And so true!!!

Accountability is what keeps me going.

I'm never gonna "lurve" exercising. Kserrynotserry...I wish I was that girl! But there just aren't enough hours in my day. But I made a commitment to walk 8-10K steps every day. And the end. No ifs, ands, or buts. I look it as part of my lifetime prescription to WLS that goes along with my Forever Diet.

So to make sure it happens, I decided to get up 45minutes earlier every morning and do a minimum of 30 minutes of hard walking in the morning. Then I can walk in 15 minute bursts during the day or evening. By making it into breakable chunks, it's very easy to do.

The payout is that by the time the day gets going, I've primed my metabolism with the cardio. The bonus is that my mind is more focused. I feel motivation to eat right cuz I am doing something healthy for me. And I end up walking more often 45-60 minutes at that time! And then I do some quick push-up/planks against the kitchen counter until my arms are fatigued. And I do calf lifts and leg lifts all in like 5 minutes. So it's done before I get ready for the day! Every day. :D

7 hours ago, tal said:

Hey everyone! I am currently 5 months post op and I am loving this new life. I get told everyday how good I'm looking and how I lost a lot of weight I just don't really see it I guess yet🤷‍♀️ I am however having issues with my vitamins and I'm lacking motivation hard with exercising! What Vitamins can you keep down? Like I think my biggest thing are the MULTIVITAMINS. I get sick every time so I end up not taking my Vitamins which is horrible and I don't want to do that.

@tal

70 lost in five months is fantastic. 65 pounds to go. You never know where exercise can take you. Be open to the possibilities. find what you enjoy and be consistent. Use it as “me time” and self care. (Don't let anyone interrupt) It’s another way to develop healthy habits. You can use it to replace stress/emotional eating and process life’s issues. Start slow and build up.

• Exercise is a choice. The next the next seven month are going to go by if you workout or not. Decide where you want to be in your first year.
  • Some days I need perspective, not motivation. A cancer patient with three months to live would gladly trade places for our weight loss struggles.
  • If you workout during the winter, what could your body look like by summer?
  • Motivation to exercise can be hard, bariatrics is hard and being obese is hard. Choose your hard.
  • Exercise will compliment your weight loss. For many of us, the last 20lbs are difficult to lose.
  • Each month’s choices are the next month’s body.
  • Weightlifting (gym or home) can help fill the loose skin a bit.
  • If it’s important to you, you will find a way to get it in. If it’s not you will find excuses

2 hours ago, Hop_Scotch said:

For exercise, do something that you enjoy...join a sports team if that's your thing ogor dancing. If you find yourself constantly putting off scheduled exercise..do in the morning....get everything ready the night before, set as many alarms as you need to get out of bed, get out of bed and just do it. That way you have no excuses later in the day.

Do you enjoy walking but short of time? Break it down into manageable chunks of time...instead of doing 30 minutes do 2 x 15mins or 3 x 10mins etc.

Make appointments to walk with a friend or family member...it will be a great opportunity to catch up while exercising.

this was awesome to read thank you sooo much!

17 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

Each month’s choices are the next month’s body.

This! I love this one!

Also the stress relief! When I feel snacky or feel stressed and anxious, I make myself get up and run for at least 5 minutes! :) It usually turns to 15 minutes. It seriously puts me in the moment, I can process things calmly cuz I'm exerting myself and I'm also deep breathing and focusing on how much more energy I will have after finishing running.

But love thinking what I do today will translate into how I look next month. Pay it forward!

35 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

@tal

70 lost in five months is fantastic. 65 pounds to go. You never know where exercise can take you. Be open to the possibilities. find what you enjoy and be consistent. Use it as “me time” and self care. (Don't let anyone interrupt) It’s another way to develop healthy habits. You can use it to replace stress/emotional eating and process life’s issues. Start slow and build up.

• Exercise is a choice. The next the next seven month are going to go by if you workout or not. Decide where you want to be in your first year.
  • Some days I need perspective, not motivation. A cancer patient with three months to live would gladly trade places for our weight loss struggles.
  • Motivation to exercise in can be hard, bariatrics is hard and being obese is hard. Choose your hard.
  • Exercise will compliment your weight loss. For many of us, the last 20lbs are difficult to lose.
  • If it’s important to you, you will find a way to get it in. If it’s not you will find excuses

I loved this! I never thought of perspective at all and that really opened my eyes. Thank you!!

8 hours ago, tal said:

Hey everyone! I am currently 5 months post op and I am loving this new life. I get told everyday how good I'm looking and how I lost a lot of weight I just don't really see it I guess yet🤷‍♀️ I am however having issues with my vitamins and I'm lacking motivation hard with exercising! What Vitamins can you keep down? Like I think my biggest thing are the MULTIVITAMINS. I get sick every time so I end up not taking my Vitamins which is horrible and I don't want to do that.

So i joined Crossfit last March i think... hehe..... I thought for sure they were going to kill me. NOPE.... I have never been to a gym that EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE is cheering you on. I walk in and everyone says.... Hey Chris.... What's great about it, i don't have to think. They tell and show me what to do every day. It's like having a personal trainer every day. Some people say... it's expensive, but If you got pay a gym membership and on top of that pay a trainer twice a week..... that's way more than the $100 i pay a month... with no contract. Without that no telling how much i would have gained when i lost my Lapband.

Most places let you try a few times. Don't worry, there are people of every size and level in there. I was definitely the weakest and least fit. But they don't care. Now neither do I.

I get the GNC chewables... they look like a starburst. I know that this site has a great melting one.

So i joined Crossfit last March i think... hehe..... I thought for sure they were going to kill me. NOPE.... I have never been to a gym that EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE is cheering you on. I walk in and everyone says.... Hey Chris.... What's great about it, i don't have to think. They tell and show me what to do every day. It's like having a personal trainer every day. Some people say... it's expensive, but If you got pay a gym membership and on top of that pay a trainer twice a week..... that's way more than the $100 i pay a month... with no contract. Without that no telling how much i would have gained when i lost my Lapband.
Most places let you try a few times. Don't worry, there are people of every size and level in there. I was definitely the weakest and least fit. But they don't care. Now neither do I.
I get the GNC chewables... they look like a starburst. I know that this site has a great melting one.
I'm thinking of joining Crossfit at 6-8 weeks PO, but a little concerned about the energy required. At what point did you join and did you have enough food and nutrients to keep you going?

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

[mention=356253]tal[/mention]
  • Motivation to exercise can be hard, bariatrics is hard and being obese is hard. Choose your hard.
Love love your response!!!!
Very relatable and apt!! Thanks for your insights as always!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

41 minutes ago, BayougirlMrsS said:

Awesome thank you great advice!

Just get out and move! Don't think of it as " having to exercise". Clean a closet, walk a dog, wash the car ,ect ect . As for the Multivitamins, sneak them in a Protein Shake, or blend them into your food. Or stick them in a treat sort of like when you sneak a dog medicine.

2 hours ago, Unclechaz said:

I'm thinking of joining Crossfit at 6-8 weeks PO, but a little concerned about the energy required. At what point did you join and did you have enough food and nutrients to keep you going?

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was back in the gym with weights and CrossFit & hiit workouts about mid week 3. I was already doing it before surgery so my dr told me after my 3 weeksL post op that I was good to go And to just listen to my body. You’re tired some days at first with the lack of calories but you adjust.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:39 AM, Mom_of_Chaos said:

I was back in the gym with weights and CrossFit & hiit workouts about mid week 3. I was already doing it before surgery so my dr told me after my 3 weeksL post op that I was good to go And to just listen to my body. You’re tired some days at first with the lack of calories but you adjust.

Yes you are so right. Some days i'm tired... but it's better than nothing.

I had to stop for a few weeks due to having some mole removed and requiring stitches. I need to get back.