Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Roll Call



Recommended Posts

Sarah I have what I describe as the discomfort from having an abdominal surgery. I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy in the summer and it felt just like this. Sort of a weird bloated “heavy” feeling, especially upon standing after sitting. No sharp pains and I’ve been very careful not to irritate the incision sites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Sarah1216 said:

I had my surgery on Oct 24 and I'm still in pain. Is this what others have experienced?

I had mine on the 29th. Today is the first day I’m not feeling any pain. Maybe discomfort. I have only had 2 tylonal today.

44 minutes ago, Sarah1216 said:

I had my surgery on Oct 24 and I'm still in pain. Is this what others have experienced?

I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my surgery on Oct 24 and I'm still in pain. Is this what others have experienced?

Hi Sarah, I had surgery on the 25th. The nurse in the hospital gave me an ice pack across my incisions and it helped immensely, especially with the swelling. I only removed it when I'd go for a stroll. I used it at home for a couple days until my abdomen returned to almost normal. Walking really helps with the pain, which can be a combination of gas and surgery pain. I found that warm mint tea (no sugar) helped with the gas also. Welcome to the other side. We got this!

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Nice1 said:

Hi Sarah, I had surgery on the 25th. The nurse in the hospital gave me an ice pack across my incisions and it helped immensely, especially with the swelling. I only removed it when I'd go for a stroll. I used it at home for a couple days until my abdomen returned to almost normal. Walking really helps with the pain, which can be a combination of gas and surgery pain. I found that warm mint tea (no sugar) helped with the gas also. Welcome to the other side. We got this!

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks! I will try the ice. I am walking as much as I am able. My follow-up is this coming Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Mary Knits said:

Sarah I have what I describe as the discomfort from having an abdominal surgery. I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy in the summer and it felt just like this. Sort of a weird bloated “heavy” feeling, especially upon standing after sitting. No sharp pains and I’ve been very careful not to irritate the incision sites.

What I'm feeling is very sharp pain on the left side, I go to the Dr on Wednesday for my follow-up. My whole abdomen is bruised and painful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had mine 10/28 and, oh yes, the pain is real. It’s not gas, it’s the incision where the stomach comes out. I just got my Abdominal binder wrap thing. I’m praying it works. Today I have been using my pain meds because I can’t. I wanted to go back to work in a week (so, Monday), but I don’t know if I can. I’m ready to feel human.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it was torture for me also n I'm a week po opt tomorrow and still hungry ready to eat lol

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had to reschedule my surgery to Nov.12th so now I'm doing this starvation diet again! 2nd time in a row and I'm tired of this hopefully they put me to sleep fast for surgery so I don't have to be hungry anymore.

Sent from my SM-J337P using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the feeling I was starving. Much better now. Feel great after surgery. Wishing you nothing but the best tomorrow. Good luck & God Bless[emoji1317]
I had to cancel due to family emergency but I'm now heading back for the surgery on Nov 12th, 2nd time I have to starve again wanting to get this over with.

Sent from my SM-J337P using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nomorefattypatty said:

I had to cancel due to family emergency but I'm now heading back for the surgery on Nov 12th, 2nd time I have to starve again wanting to get this over with.

Sent from my SM-J337P using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh wow sorry to hear that. Hope all goes well🙏🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had mine on the 31st! I was doing great with lots of energy and no problems getting my liquids down and no pain, but the last couple days I have had lower energy and pain in my stomach, kinda like cramping. Hopefully if I get more Protein I’ll be back to normal soon! Hopefully everyone else is doing well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is everyone doing all of these months later?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lizzziee said:

How is everyone doing all of these months later?

Doing amazing had surgery 10/28 down total of 81.5lbs since surgery day. feeling great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had surgery 10/1 and have lost a total of 60lbs. Feeling great! I’m currently at 137lbs. Only 22lbs from my high end goal, and 27lbs from my final goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve lost just over 56 since my surgery in October. I’m feeling great and am super happy about this.

I’m eating most things in very small portions- still focussing on Protein intake and cutting down on carb Intake.

Thinking of you all- good luck for your journeys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had surgery 10/24 and I'm down 60lbs. I'm doing well and enjoying new adventures. I try to get out of the house on weekends to avoid sitting around and snacking, plus I get extra steps in. I'm still 20lbs from the doctor's goal and 60 from my goal, so I still have a long way to go. But I'm excited to be on this journey! Cheers everyone

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×