Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

23 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

You don't need to eat fat to go into ketosis, which is all the real goal is of the "keto diet". The fat globs people are eating now are just to help people feel fuller... but absolutely unnecessary. You can do low carb, low fat and enter ketosis all the same and not feel icky.

7 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Absolutely agree. The prob that I can see is that she has a "set calorie threshold" that she wants to stay within and your cals are made up on only the 3 macros: Protein, fat, carbs. So if you keep carbs low enough to get into keto...for most of us that's around 30g total carb max, then you have to fill up her calorie threshold with either Protein or fat. OR drop the cals. :) Which is what I do. So she either has to eat a ton of protein (which can keep you out of ketosis) or she has to eat a wad of fat, which none of us need right now. Right? The solution is to really simply just hit your daily protein goal, stay at your carb # that you've set and let fat fall until you are comfortable and where those cals end up are where they end up. Mine usually is somewhere between 650-850 per day using that general rule.

I can tell my pouch is still working, I still can't eat a full chicken breast w/ veggies. I'm done after just the chicken. My issue is or at least, what has become an issue is.....I'm just damn hungry.

Today, I had Greek Yogurt w/ my lunch (Tuna) and a bit less than a half of cup of yogurt, that alone killed my carb intake for the day. I'm sure I'll hit almost a hundred after dinner (black Beans, less than a cup) and another yogurt cup 😕 Oh, and a small nectarine.

3 minutes ago, heycrystal2052 said:

I can tell my pouch is still working, I still can't eat a full chicken breast w/ veggies. I'm done after just the chicken. My issue is or at least, what has become an issue is.....I'm just damn hungry.

Today, I had Greek Yogurt w/ my lunch (Tuna) and a bit less than a half of cup of yogurt, that alone killed my carb intake for the day. I'm sure I'll hit almost a hundred after dinner (black Beans, less than a cup) and another yogurt cup 😕 Oh, and a small nectarine.

Sigh. Yeah I'd be hungry too with that carb load. Wish it wasn't true but it is. The answer really is to eat the stuff that fills up your pouch. :( chicken and veg.

I can handle a bite or two of Beans. I can handle 2oz of Grk yogurt plain + 1oz of dark berries (no nectarines/peaches)...and can mix in an ounce of lf cultured cottage cheese to up the quantity. Any more than that and I will be starving and or RH within 2 hours. :(

So I just flat force myself to eat lean Protein dry and plain and steamed or nuked veg with a tiny bit of olive oil and sometimes a little avo/tomato at night...it's pretty plain but I have gotten to where I crave that plain-ness. You know? Especially if it keeps me satisfied (usually). :)

1 hour ago, heycrystal2052 said:

You estimated that you eat over 100g carbs daily... But this sounds like an oddly high amount of carbs for just yogurt/tuna/beans/citrus. What kind of yogurt, salad dressings and sauces are you eating in addition?

Ex. Chobani blueberry vs Chobani plain yogurt

You may need to incorporate less of the carb dense foods (beans are carb heavy, but Fiber heavy too) with salads like with 1/4 cup of Beans instead of just1 cup of beans

Screenshot_2019-07-30-17-10-46.png

Screenshot_2019-07-30-17-10-57.png

Screenshot_2019-07-30-17-09-06.png

Screenshot_2019-07-30-17-08-21.png

Screenshot_2019-07-30-17-08-46.png

Screenshot_2019-07-30-17-09-22.png

Edited by GreenTealael

40 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

You estimated that you eat over 100g carbs daily... But this sounds like an oddly high amount of carbs for just yogurt/tuna/beans/citrus. What kind of yogurt, salad dressings and sauces are you eating in addition?

You may need to chose to incorporate less of thecarb dense foods (beans are carb heavy, but Fiber heavy too) salads with 1/4 cup of Beans instead of just1 cup of beans

No, I was completely off track. I started eating a lot sweets, breads, pastas....hence, the 40pd weight gain. I've been slapped back into reality and I'm ready to get my butt on track. I'm heading home, I will share more when I get home.

4 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

You may need to incorporate less of the carb dense foods (beans are carb heavy, but fiber heavy too) with salads like with 1/4 cup of Beans instead of just1 cup of beans

Wow, now I see what you're speaking about. I was getting Walmart Greek vanilla Yogurt, what a huge mistake that was. I would have a half-cup every night and whenever I had a sweet tooth. This evening, I read the nutritional value and I was taking in 16g of sugar and 26 grams of carbs! WHAT!? Tomorrow, my meals and Snacks will be completely different. The fruit was 10g and my oatmeal was 26g, the rest of the day I was in the single digits for carbs. :( I'm going to make major changes.

Agree. I usually target 70 G Protein and 25 g carbs with a calorie goal of 1100. If I follow this I maintain. A guide for me - i agree though hit protein with a low carb menu without being kedo strict Best to you I will be in the need to lose a few pounds when I am off my post surgery complication diet.

8 minutes ago, Stella S said:

Agree. I usually target 70 G Protein and 25 g carbs with a calorie goal of 1100. If I follow this I maintain. A guide for me - i agree though hit Protein with a low carb menu without being kedo strict Best to you I will be in the need to lose a few pounds when I am off my post surgery complication diet.

Stella, with the macros you just mentioned you are actually the poster child for "perfect" Keto as it was originally defined by Dr. Atkins and Dr. Westman. LOL. Which is cool. But I don't think @heycrystal2052 wants to be that low. And that's cool too! I love the spark or awareness she had when @GreenTealael posted her screen captures. Love light bulb moments.

And I bet she will do awesome and get back to losing with just recharting her food plan a little bit toward the <100 or <75g of carbs per day. Maybe even 50g of carbs would allow her to keep fats low and still give her enough carb diversity to keep her full!!

Just for grins I plugged your macros in Stella and this is what it shows. Perfect "keto" or LCHF (low carb healthy fat) as I love to call it. I use the free MFP program so it only allows me 5% increments rather than 1% increments to adjust to macro targets:

image.png.8e2e8d66ba79ae4f3573839658aef4e8.png

10 hours ago, heycrystal2052 said:

Wow, now I see what you're speaking about. I was getting Walmart Greek vanilla Yogurt, what a huge mistake that was. I would have a half-cup every night and whenever I had a sweet tooth. This evening, I read the nutritional value and I was taking in 16g of sugar and 26 grams of carbs! WHAT!? Tomorrow, my meals and Snacks will be completely different. The fruit was 10g and my oatmeal was 26g, the rest of the day I was in the single digits for carbs. :( I'm going to make major changes.

I remember REALLY reading a yogurt container post op and screaming in Walmart

"Cmon man its just bloody yogurt, why in hell is there so much sugar in it?!?!?"

Everyone stopped and looked at me ... Unwavering, I stared back

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Good Luck, youve got this 💜

@GreenTealael @FluffyChix

Today, I'm hoping will be a better day. For breakfast I had a black bean burger patty (I really want to keep the Fiber going) w/ one hard boiled egg. Both, totaled 9.7 grams carbs. This is what I'm aiming for:

35g - Net Carbs

35g - Fat

80g - Protein

1100 - Cal

So, if I read what was said above correctly, should my fats be lower and my carbs higher? Also, the app you are showing in the screen shots, is that FitnessPal? I like that layout more than the My Carbs app.

1 minute ago, heycrystal2052 said:

@GreenTealael @FluffyChix

Today, I'm hoping will be a better day. For Breakfast I had a black bean burger patty (I really want to keep the Fiber going) w/ one hard boiled egg. Both, totaled 9.7 grams carbs. This is what I'm aiming for:

35g - Net Carbs

35g - Fat

80g - Protein

1100 - Cal

So, if I read what was said above correctly, should my fats be lower and my carbs higher? Also, the app you are showing in the screen shots, is that FitnessPal? I like that layout more than the My Carbs app.

Awesome! So what are your total carbs? You got this girl!!! Yes it's the free version of MFP. But @GreenTealael may be using a different one? I'm on a desktop for mine.

Hey Black Bean Burgers taste GOOD, even a former Carnivore like myself can admit THAT! Doubt if I swing completely over to Vegan but Precious Pouch HATES meat, even pureed, so I have had to concede and make HER Happier, she is pretty mean for a a small turkey- egg of Gastric Flesh, and what she doesn't like comes Rolling Right Back Out! I so Envy people with Cast Iron Pouches!

25 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Awesome! So what are your total carbs? You got this girl!!! Yes it's the free version of MFP. But @GreenTealael may be using a different one? I'm on a desktop for mine.

13 grams, total carbs is what it says. When I get home, I will download the fitness app. I'm going to start eating Oikos again and I'll add some blueberries/blackberries :) I can still have my fruit and eat them too ❤️

@Frustr8 @GreenTealael @FluffyChix - I love love love bean patties, I just wish they had some without corn. I'll invest in more of those, fish, and chicken this shopping trip. Also, I like to make taco meat and put it on a bed of spinach. I usually don't put much on my salad due to being full after several bites, but those few are worth it. :) I do add a bit of Catalina to it. That too, I'll need to stop doing.

PS. I finished my Breakfast a little over an hour ago and I'm not hungry. Usually at this point, I would have already had my 10:00 snack. It will all of the oatmeal carbs, WOW!!!!!

Sorry, I meant as part of your daily macros. Are you targeting 35g of total carbs? Cuz if so, then your numbers don't add up. :D Net carbs = Total Carbs - Fiber Carbs (and you calculate macros based on total carbs. Sorry to geek out on you.

image.png.7f935a3b9d7422b04abb0b482369ad60.png

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

I'm using the Mobile Android app

1 hour ago, heycrystal2052 said:

13 grams, total carbs is what it says. When I get home, I will download the fitness app. I'm going to start eating Oikos again and I'll add some blueberries/blackberries :) I can still have my fruit and eat them too ❤️

@Frustr8 @GreenTealael @FluffyChix - I love love love bean patties, I just wish they had some without corn. I'll invest in more of those, fish, and chicken this shopping trip. Also, I like to make taco meat and put it on a bed of spinach. I usually don't put much on my salad due to being full after several bites, but those few are worth it. :) I do add a bit of Catalina to it. That too, I'll need to stop doing.

PS. I finished my Breakfast a little over an hour ago and I'm not hungry. Usually at this point, I would have already had my 10:00 snack. It will all of the oatmeal carbs, WOW!!!!!

I never eat dressings anymore because one serving usually has more calories than the entire salad I'm eating 😒

The exception is Mayonnaise in egg, chicken, salmon salad

Instead I would add seasonings and a sprinkle of lemon or the Protein im eating with the salad would be enough to dress it

Congratulations on making it work! 💜