Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍽️​​​​​​​ 🍽️​​​​​​​ What's on the Menu? 🍽️​​​​​​​ 🍽️​​​​​​​

51 minutes ago, Mom_of_Chaos said:

I’ll play

Sunday 7/28 -
Female 30 y/o 5’8
Post op Day 20
CW 257
Post Op Loss 32 lbs
Soft food Phase
(Target 300-400 cal 40-50 Protein )

We were on the road to visit family yesterday so meals were based on things we could pack in a little cooler and bring along.

B- Premier Protein Cookies & Cream

L- Boiled Egg White & Deli Turkey

S1- 1/2 Light Baby Bel
S2- Clear Protein

S - 3oz Ground Turkey

3,000 bottles of Water (JK lol but that’s how it feels)

Welcome! And great job!!! Way to improvise!!! ROFL where'd you put all the Water? I guess y'all made a LOT of potty stops. ;)

1 hour ago, Myhorseisfattoo said:

Fluffy - I am very sensitive to salt/water retention, but in this case, I don;t think that's it, because I've literally been losing and gaining the same 2 pounds for weeks. I think I need MORE Water, less wine (occasional, but still) and more exercise!!!!

((hugs))) UGH on gaining/losing the same 2. I so get it!! And yeah. Sigh Fluid retention...the bio*ch! :(

I am thinking you also deal with BD. Cuz 167 and 5'8" I am betting you are totes smokin!!!

Aww Fluffs - stahp!!!!! I never thought about having BD, but now I kinda agree with you. Also, I could see myself very easily going over toward the eating disorder side of things - even though I believe I am too levelheaded for that - because of how wrapped up in this I get. I am currently taking a scale break!!

Today I have eaten:

Breakfast, 3 deviled egg halves (homemade) 208 cals

lunch, 1 polly-o cheese stick, 85 cals

1.5 cups of chopped salad 100 cals

Have a Tomato and 2 cheese sticks left that I can eat for Snacks

dinner will be a 3 oz burger w cheese, no bun, obviously!

Yesterday's Menu - July 29th:

5'2" ♀️ 9m PO (in maintenance)

1: salad w/ 2 slices bacon + 1 scrambled egg + tuna (350 cals)
2: Protein Shake w/ instant coffee (120 cals)
3: salad w/ 1.75 oz grilled chicken + 1.25 oz duck breast w/ orange sauce (157 cals)
4: chicken broth drink + 5oz chicharron (408 cals)

Totals: 1035 cals, 118g Protein, 18g NET carbs, 95g fat

I realized I was way too low on calories by the end of the day, so I decided to go to town on a bag of chicharron as an evening snack, lol.

Ok y'all swamped today! Gah!

So 5"4" 👵 17m PO (WLM) 135.2lbs

B1 Protein latte

B2 egg puff (egg whites, 1 sl HSF ham, froz spin/onion/p/c, lt cheese wedge) + decaff

L BH peppermill turkey breast + lacy swiss + raw sauerkraut + baby carrots + grape tomatoes

AS chicken bouillon + iced cocomojoe protein coffee decaff

D blackened pangasius (basa) + sauteed broccoli + avocado and grape tomatoes

BS seaweed snax

Gah! I have no idea wtf is going down with me. I wake up starving and want to eat every 3 hours. It's totes CRAY!!! Maybe it's my body healing? Maybe it's the big D and I'm not absorbing. Maybe the D5LR IV in the hospital put me back on the blood sugar/insulin rollercoaster, but "we" (all 3 of me=me, myself, and I ;) ) are not amused! I stayed within my framework and cals were low but still. And I'm not losing weight. I'm just stuck at 134-135lbs. Oh well...bi*ching over. :)

And FYI today is equally insane.

image.png.460e83f575ddfdc744a882218f575aaa.png

13 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I wake up starving and want to eat every 3 hours.

Wow, considering you were feeling hungry all day, props to being able to keep cals at 635.... 🏆

Just now, ms.sss said:

Wow, considering you were feeling hungry all day, props to being able to keep cals at 635.... 🏆

Yeah. LOL. It's my super power really. :D Here's my MFP on it. The secret is really lolo cal Protein and yesterday I watched myself on fat cuz I knew the day would run away with me. So I stayed around 30g of fat. (click to enlarge image)

image.thumb.png.5724972b61dec3839ce0a5d6ce289eb0.png

Ha. Cuz we all know how imperfect I am. I'm on a string of hungry hungry heifer days. And today it stops. I'm calling the ball on the shenanigans. Yesterday I'm just gonna call a "feast" day. *snort* and it ended with baseball at the park and our minor league team -- which was a big event and fun, but ended in a rainout.

Now today it's time to pay the frickin' piper and I'm back in black--on plan with a vengeance. It's another swamped day with work. So no time for bs from the kitchen and my tummy. (I honestly can't believe I'm not up a couple pounds just from the sheer volume of poo that I didn't have issues with yesterday. I think my tum is getting back to normal. Yay probiotics!!!

So 5"4" 👵 17m PO (WLM) 135.8lbs

B1-coffee with PP Creamer

B2-egg white puff (HSF ham + froz spin + o/c/p + 2% cheese)

L1-sauteed broccoli + iced cocomojoe Protein coffee

L2-lo grilled fish + lo avo/tom salad

AS-BH turkey + lt string cheese roll-up + baby carrots

D-1/2 crispy beef taco + 1/4 taco al carbon + guacamole + charro beans/rice + tortilla chips & salsa

S-2c baseball popcorn (buttered)

image.png.933c3e94aa6ea473eff64ed8164803a9.png

I think this is goin' down as an all-time example of what NOT to do in a day. I'm pretty sure this is the definition of grazing. None of the meals were big (except the 2c of popcorn). Some of them were only 1/8-1/4c, but still a ridiculous number of insulin elevations.

How did y'all do yesterday?

Edited by FluffyChix

Yesterday's Menu - July 30th (I had a relatively grazy day too yesterday...but ended up with a low calorie day despite my calorie push at the end because I got distracted and started eating way too late in the day)

5'2" ♀️ 9m post-op 115.1 lbs (maintaining)

Gonna do something a little different, I'll put in the times I eat instead of meal number...sometimes I don't consider times I eat as meals...

9:45 am: cup of chicken broth + cup tea (10 cals)
2:00 pm: salad w/ 2oz grilled chicken + 1 oz duck breast + 1oz cheese + (170 cals)
3:45 pm: 1oz chicharrron + vinegar/sesame dipping sauce (86 cals)
5:30 pm: salad w/ 2oz grilled chicken + 1/2 oz cheese + 2oz peaches + 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds (229 cals)
7:30 pm: 1 tbsp chocolate ice cream + 1/2 of a 2-bite brownie + 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds + 33g beef Jerky (211 cals)

Totals: 704 cals, 83g Protein, 23g NET carbs, 44g fat

2 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Yesterday's Menu - July 30th (I had a relatively grazy day too yesterday...but ended up with a low calorie day despite my calorie push at the end because I got distracted and started eating way too late in the day)

Gonna do something a little different, I'll put in the times I eat instead of meal number...sometimes I don't consider times I eat as meals...

9:45 am: cup of chicken broth + cup tea (10 cals)
2:00 pm: salad w/ 2oz grilled chicken + 1 oz duck breast + 1oz cheese + (170 cals)
3:45 pm: 1oz chicharrron + vinegar/sesame dipping sauce (86 cals)
5:30 pm: salad w/ 2oz grilled chicken + 1/2 oz cheese + 2oz peaches + 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds (229 cals)
7:30 pm: 1 tbsp chocolate ice cream + 1/2 of a 2-bite brownie + 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds + 33g beef Jerky (211 cals)

Totals: 704 cals, 83g Protein, 23g NET carbs, 44g fat

ok, I'll do times tomorrow too! It will hold me accountable! :D Yummy day of eating btw! Hugs on being low. So make today high!! :D

So today I made my “protein ramen” with my Protein Soup mix, shredded chicken, and tofu noodles. Dumped in a scoop of Bone Broth and the whole thing was about 38gm protein.

That’s how I broke my fast at noon, so I’m going to have a second meal of leftover tuna steak (2oz) and 1/2 cup cottage cheese.
Yay me, another protein bomb.

After Pilates tonite, I’ll pour out a glass of plain milk and that will finish me out.

lol, too lazy to log it all right now, but I know it’s >60gm protein and <750 calories.

Yesterday's Menu - July 31st

It's after midnight, so I figure I can write this up now. Spoiler alert: the day ended with a big downer...

10:10 am: 2 cups black coffee (10 cals)
2:30 pm: *only ate 2/3 of this* salad + 2 oz grilled chicken + .75 oz duck breast + 1 oz feta cheese + 1oz carrots (227 cals)
4:40 pm: *ate the remaining 1/3 of my 2:30 meal*
6:30 pm: 1/4 cup low cal ice cream + 1/4 cup brownie w/ frosting (330 cals)
7:30 pm: *drinks and apps at a bar* 1oz beef Jerky + buffalo cauliflower + blue cheese dip + 1/2 a vodka caesar (550 cals)

Totals: 1117 cals, 53g Protein, 66g NET carbs, 79g fat

10:45 pm: suspicious tummy rumbling begins...

TMI ALERT!! So the ride home from the bar was pretty stressful as 2 minutes after I got in the car, I suddenly needed to get to a washroom BADLY..something apparently didn't agree with me and I had some explosive poop as a result. Luckily I made it home before the explosion happened in my pants. I suspect the dumping was due to the blue cheese dip, but it could very well had been the cauliflower, it was especially greasy and I ate quite a bit of it. Or...it could have been the brownie I ate beforehand. The onset of this, however, was much later than my previous dumping experiences as those started within 10-20 minutes of eating the offending food...so yeah, i feel pretty crappy right now :(

Awww! So sad to hear of your unfortunate fire down below!!! I'm thinking it sounds like a fat event--too much in your dinner meal. It hits me within 10-20 minutes as well and it's immediately demanding. Did you feel better immediately after the trip to the trone room? :( 😧

So 5"4" 👵 17m PO (WLM) 135.0lbs

Ok, so scale is moving back down in the right direction. Had a business meeting last night at a restaurant, but was very good. Chose to have a small Greek salad with shrimp. And had iced tea rather than drinks. Woot! Eating was also back to a normal-ish non-fasting level.

6am B1-Black coffee

10am B2-1c Egg Salad with Cottage cheese + 50g Radish chips

2:30pm L-4 Deviled Egg halves + Iced Cocomojoe Coffee (3oz PP + decaff)

6:00pm Small Greek Salad (dressing on side) + 2oz grilled shrimp (ate 1/3 of salad + 1 1/2 oz of shrimp)

8:30pm Quest Cheddar Sour Cream Chips (yeah...sigh...I went there--the whole bag)

image.png.1668101c0a2212a4561591a0de9ae96c.png

Edited by FluffyChix