Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my Gastric Bypass reversed 😞

I know the chances are low but sometimes the anxious part of the brain is noisier than the logical part.

Oh Alex! I am so happy you went to the ER right away and that you had a good surgery team. Godspeed on healing now.

15 hours ago, Alex Brecher said:

It was a 6 hour open procedure. I was hospitalized for 9 days and it’s going to take a bit until I fully recover.

You totally had your laptop at the hospital, didn't you? ;)

I am glad to hear you made through it, despite the VERY long surgery and everything else you've been through.

Wishing you well!

So sorry this happened to you. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!

14 hours ago, KarenLR75 said:

You totally had your laptop at the hospital, didn't you? ;)

I am glad to hear you made through it, despite the VERY long surgery and everything else you've been through.

Wishing you well!

You know me well! Yes, I had someone bring my laptop to the hospital once I was feeling a little better 😂😂😂

Thank you!

May I ask what about the bypass can cause the obstructions/necrosis? Why is it a higher risk than the gen pop?

I am so happy they caught it in time and you had a successful surgery! Best of luck in your continued recovery!

On 7/11/2019 at 1:46 PM, Alex Brecher said:

You know me well! Yes, I had someone bring my laptop to the hospital once I was feeling a little better

By Day 2 in hospitals I'm always on my laptop (heck, sometimes on Day 1). It is a often a much needed...distraction..plus I would get horribly behind if I did not. At least I connect in stealth mode as most of my co-workers are not expecting me to be working - I get quite a bit done actually.

Thanks for sharing this. Even if the surgery works for almost everyone, even the "failures" need to be talked about openly. Im looking forward to hearing about how things work out. Since it's not a common procedure, your experience will be interesting to hear about. Just another side of the bariatric journey.

I was not ready for that pic. But :(.

How common is getting a hernia and small bowel obstruction after gastric bypass?

I'm sorry you had to go through such a brutal and long procedure :/. Glad you're still with us.

On 7/13/2019 at 12:23 AM, TheJuice202 said:

How common is getting a hernia and small bowel obstruction after gastric bypass?

I'm sorry you had to go through such a brutal and long procedure :/. Glad you're still with us.

I was told that it's under 1%.

omg , it sounds like you have been so unlucky , i must admit i thought once you had bypass surgery you couldnt have it reversed but guess there was no choice , wish you well , and thankyou for creating this forum so others of us can get advice and guidance . Im now looking into having revision from band to bypass , if you knew then what you know now , would you do the same or different ?

On 7/12/2019 at 9:23 PM, TheJuice202 said:

One study surveyed a clinic that had performed over 900 RNYs. Only 6 required a reversal.

I’m back in the hospital 😞. I developed a double abscess. One within the posterior right hemipelvis as well as one in the the left hemipelvis.