Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my Gastric Bypass reversed 😞

1 minute ago, 2ndTimeFreedom said:

Oh my, dear!!! I am so sorry to see this :( Happy that you are indeed alive and able to tell this story. So I understand how they reconnected your original anatomy, and again I am happy that you are ok. Have you noticed any changed in what you are about to eat in terms of quantity? Additionally, you may also have the best tool (shift in eating habits) firmly established and will prayerfully continue to be healthy & happy. Many prayers to you!!

Thank you! I'm on a very high-calorie and high-protein diet to promote wound healing.

I think I've changed my habits and lifestyle enough that I'll be able to keep most of my excess weight off. Only time will tell!

Oh man!!!!

Healing vibes to you!!!!

OMG Alex- STAY Strong- we need you and we need your baby "Bariatric Pal", I know it has made such a difference in my life, helped an geriatric aged lady (ME) to stay brave and search until I found my answer, many times I got apprehensive, 72 was not a premium age to seek RNY surgery, but I now know I can make it through to my finish. I would never made it down to Onderland without the support I got here. Less than 25 pounds to goal, and I NEVER BELIEVED IT COULD HAPPEN. Yeah I hoped, but feared I never would. Thank You. and YOU GET BETTER NOW, You Hear?

5 hours ago, froufrou said:

Oh wow! Is this a risk for people who have bariatric surgery, or is this something you would have got anyway?

Unfortunately bowel obstruction and internal hernia can happen to anyone who had abdominal surgery, doesn't matter if it's WLS or not.

Hopefully your recovery will continue to be smooth.

I saw you also had bowel ischemia and a resection of a part of the small bowel so you've really been through quite a lot.

Wow I wasn’t expecting to read that. Sorry to hear that you have had to go through this, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

What were your symptoms? Was it an emergency op ?

That looks rough. Hopefully the worst is over now. Hope you heal fast!

Why was this left open?

Omg sorry to hear about all this. Praying for your recovery and healing. Stay strong and positive. And healthy!

I am so very sorry to hear about your complications. Sounds like you have really been put through the ringer.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a safe and speedy recovery.

Gentle (((hugs)))

3 hours ago, elcee said:

Wow I wasn’t expecting to read that. Sorry to hear that you have had to go through this, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

What were your symptoms? Was it an emergency op ?

I finished eating a (cauliflower crust) slice of pizza and started feeling massive pain in my abdomen. I'd previously had an ulcer and though that it was back and acting up. I popped an anti-acid but the pain kept getting worse. I was standing over the toilet spitting up bile when I noticed a little blood mixed in. That's when I called emergency services and told them I needed to get to the ER asap. I got to the ER a little after midnight and had emergency surgery about 6 hours later. Those were the 6 longest and painful hours of my life.

2 hours ago, AggiG said:

Why was this left open?

It's closed up from the inside. The outermost part of the skin is left open to promote healing. I have to pack it daily with a wet bandage, covered by a dry one and wear an abdominal binder over it.

5 minutes ago, Alex Brecher said:

I finished eating a (cauliflower crust) slice of pizza and started feeling massive pain in my abdomen. I'd previously had an ulcer and though that it was back and acting up. I popped an anti-acid but the pain kept getting worse. I was standing over the toilet spitting up bile when I noticed a little blood mixed in. That's when I called emergency services and told them I needed to get to the ER asap. I got to the ER a little after midnight and had emergency surgery about 6 hours later. Those were the 6 longest and painful hours of my life.

That would have been so scary, especially for it to be so completely out of the blue. Have to admit to now being a little bit freaked out .

I'm glad that you got to emergency and that they acted quickly.

45 minutes ago, elcee said:

That would have been so scary, especially for it to be so completely out of the blue. Have to admit to now being a little bit freaked out .

I'm glad that you got to emergency and that they acted quickly.

There's under a 1% chance of this happening to other RNY patients. I wouldn't freak out over it! The ride to the ER was 8 minutes and it seemed like it was the longest ride I've ever taken.