Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guys..I'm 4 months out and constantly snacking on rice chips because I get hunger pains and dont know what to eat. I know it's not right and I need to stop...any advice on what I can do as well as any snack advice would be so great.

Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Protein rich foods are good. The suggestions above are great. You can also try Jerky, cold meats, Peanut Butter on apple slices etc

Snacks I like:

• banana
  • Light Greek Yogurt
  • Light String cheese
  • 1/4 cup mixed nuts (I know some people can't eat nuts.)
  • Quest bar
  • Protein Shake (Some programs do not recommend after a certain point, not sure why?)

Besides the banana, Protein seems to be the key here if I'm hungry.

Just now, summerset said:

Because "liquid calories".

Oh, thanks! Well, if I'm hungry I think it's worth the calories since I like them and they're easy to digest. I think of juice, beer, etc. as empty calories, but Protein Shakes fill me up.

I don't know if Protein Shakes are generally discouraged in the long run by dietitians dealing with bariatric patients. I guess that's a matter of philosophy as much as a matter of the experiences they have made.

Yeah, I don't either, they are fine in my program. I have seen other people say they aren't allowed on theirs.

21 minutes ago, JessLess said:

Yeah, I don't either, they are fine in my program. I have seen other people say they aren't allowed on theirs.

My RD is fine with 1 Protein Shake per day as long as we are getting plenty of real whole food. She feels like the one shake and Protein boost allows more room to get veggies and fruits in, rather than making every meal all about protein. :)

11 hours ago, Tejee said:

Guys..I'm 4 months out and constantly snacking on rice chips because I get hunger pains and dont know what to eat. I know it's not right and I need to stop...any advice on what I can do as well as any snack advice would be so great.

Thanks!!

More Water (not every rumble is for eating), pure Protein (meats, tofu, yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs) & fat (cheese, nuts, added oils if allowed etc)

Good luck 💙

Edited by GreenTealael

On 06/08/2019 at 07:51, GreenTealael said:

More Water (not every rumble is for eating), pure Protein (meats, tofu, yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs) & fat (cheese, nuts, added oils if allowed etc)

Good luck 💙

Are you on a PPI? Rumbling tummy can be acid, not hunger.

Are you on a PPI? Rumbling tummy can be acid, not hunger.
I'm on omeprazole for acid...

I have purchased several "snacky" high-protein foods, like Protein puffs and chips, in single size portions. That said, I almost never eat them and still treat those like a treat (i.e. going to a movie). I find that mostly I eat basic protein-rich meals, veggie omelet, yogurt and berries, Peanut Butter and thin, whole-grain toast or apple slices. And because I can eat so little, I find I almost never have room or desire left for Snacks anyway. My program encourages whole foods, with a focus on protein and fibre, and pretty much no snacking unless it is more than 4 hours between meals. I love the simplicity of the program that my surgical team promotes.

And I usually find even those are tasteless, like chewing Styrofoam, guess my. natural Carb Craver has become extinct