Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 07/04/2019 at 06:18, SublimeLemons said:

I'm in Mexico, so I get 2 nights in the clinic and one in a nearby hotel. I don't mind the extra 24 hours on IV goodies, lol. I fly home Friday night. I only have 3 incisions, which I'll photograph for the doc before taking out myself in a week or so. I've been doing great except for a bad headache from being off my antidepressants for 36 hours.
I get that. Mine are glued so I don’t need to do any of that!

I had mine July 1 also. Having a lot of gas and belching. Also noticed my temp is up to 99.3 today. Having a hard time getting all my Water and Protein is hard to drink. I bought Isopure protien water and that goes down ok but tastes gross..

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have 6 bottles of different flavors of Isopure to try and see which i liked the best and yes they all taste gross. They've been in my fridge for like 2 months now lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

14 minutes ago, MeowAMR said:

I have 6 bottles of different flavors of Isopure to try and see which i liked the best and yes they all taste gross. They've been in my fridge for like 2 months now lol.

I also bought six bottles. They are vile. And, they create a film on my tongue. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to stomach them after surgery since I can only drink so little at a time.

I have Protein- 2-0 in a fruit punch, maybe if I cut it with the same flavor in Minute Made 15, I can choke it down and I also have some Peach Tea Tomkitten got me . Maybe if I push it to the back of the fridge he'll think I drank it all!

My surgeon does things a bit differently and allows you to go home on pureed foods if you are able to keep 2 meals down in the hosptial. Doing good today overall. My BP and HR were low inpatient and I did not re start one of my meds until today when my bp popped up. I am an NP and have been following it quite closely. Had pureed cottage cheese 1/4 c at Breakfast and nonfat yogurt 1/4 cup at lunch, went down well. Taking in 1/4 c of Protein Shake in between my meals and Water is working well too.

I had grape flavor. I added grape crystal light to it.. still gross but more drinkable

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:33 PM, MFaulk3 said:

Had my gastric bypass on July 1st and came home today. Non eventful... thank goodness. Trying to swallow 1/4 cup of pureed turkey. Tastes great but getting full at the 2 tablespoon, 1 ounce point. Otherwise a bit tender around my 6 laproscopy sites, no dranining, Water and Protein Shake going down well. Have others had their surgery yet?

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you are recovering well. My surgery is scheduled for the 31st. You got the 1st day and I get the last. I'm super excited, but was nervous about getting Water and Protein in. I'm glad to hear you are not having issues.

I also bought six bottles. They are vile. And, they create a film on my tongue. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to stomach them after surgery since I can only drink so little at a time.
That's what I was hoping too! [emoji23]... I was like maybe it won't taste so bad after surgery.

Post op day 3. Last night was not good. Constant full feeling is keeping me from drinking anything which I believe made me spike a fever. Call into doctors office to see what I can do. I took some Miralax and that did help me go, but it’s all loose and I never feel less full. It’s super painful how tight my stomach is from the distention

Had my duo switch on the first of July!

July 2019 Week 2 Crew is coming in hot! We have finally made it we are just a few short days away! Our new chapter is almost here! Are you guys ready? Packed? Bought your post op groceries? I'm on nights this weekend and for once not struggling to stay awake because I am beside myself with excitement! I am planning to pack us on Monday. We check in Tuesday morning and our surgeries are an hour apart. I cannot believe it is FINALLY almost here!

Monday 7/8-

Tuesday 7/9-

Wednesday 7/10-

Thursday 7/11-

Friday 7/12-

• @Sglasco (RNY)

July 2019 Week 2 Crew is coming in hot! We have finally made it we are just a few short days away! Our new chapter is almost here! Are you guys ready? Packed? Bought your post op groceries? I'm on nights this weekend and for once not struggling to stay awake because I am beside myself with excitement! I am planning to pack us on Monday. We check in Tuesday morning and our surgeries are an hour apart. I cannot believe it is FINALLY almost here!
Monday 7/8-

• [mention=364967]Midnightsun[/mention]
  • [mention=363885]jennj[/mention] (VSG)
  • [mention=363216]lynnielynnie[/mention]
  • [mention=366392]Teachergal82[/mention] (VSG)
  • [mention=359770]Pushycat[/mention]
  • [mention=363428]mjlopez913[/mention]
  • @jlw265
Tuesday 7/9-
  • [mention=364746]Mom_of_Chaos[/mention] (VSG)
  • [mention=363706]MgbGirl[/mention]
  • [mention=366375]Kristin1972[/mention] (VSG)
Wednesday 7/10-
  • [mention=365621]Cathyp[/mention]
  • [mention=363197]Nefelibata214[/mention]
Thursday 7/11-
  • [mention=363049]KIA1988[/mention]
Friday 7/12-
  • @Sglasco (RNY)

What post op groceries did yall get? I have a few things like the broth packets I got from Bariatric Pal. But that's about it. Is there a list floating around here somewhere?

Monday 7/8-

• [mention=364967]Midnightsun[/mention]
  • [mention=363885]jennj[/mention] (VSG)
  • [mention=363216]lynnielynnie[/mention]
  • [mention=366392]Teachergal82[/mention] (VSG)
  • [mention=359770]Pushycat[/mention]
  • [mention=363428]mjlopez913[/mention]
  • @jlw265
Tuesday 7/9-
  • [mention=364746]Mom_of_Chaos[/mention] (VSG)
  • [mention=363706]MgbGirl[/mention]
  • [mention=366375]Kristin1972[/mention] (VSG)
Wednesday 7/10-
  • [mention=365621]Cathyp[/mention]
  • [mention=363197]Nefelibata214[/mention]
Thursday 7/11-
  • [mention=363049]KIA1988[/mention]
Friday 7/12-
  • @Sglasco (RNY)

Wow we have a bunch this week. I will be cheering each if you on.

New_Me 2019

This is the list from our surgeon. We didn’t get all of it but used it as a guide. Also not listed here is the "kit" from the surgeon that you purchase the week before surgery with different Protein mixes, Soup mixes, drink mixes etc. I went to SAMs and bought a boat load of readymade protein, sugar free Gatorade, flavored water, Water etc. We normally use UNICO protein but the readymade will just be easier immediately after surgery. And we didn't need to purchase kid sized plates and utensils because there are plenty of those in our house anyway!

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

Edited by Mom_of_Chaos