Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone , today the day I’m on my way to the hospital and I’m super nervous !!!
You got this! 100%

Holding you in prayer.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

So, I had a horrible nightmare last night. I dreamt that I had an appointment with a surgeon (not my surgeon), a sort of final prep appointment. She did an examination of my abdomen and declared that I wasn't a candidate for surgery and that she would never would have suggested it for me. She said I should never have been in the bariatric program and I wouldn't be allowed to have the surgery. She was really quite mean about it. In the dream I went to my regular surgeon (who didn't look at all like my surgeon) and asked him why he had let me go through 2 years of prep only for me to be disapproved at the last minute. He said that he gets paid for everyone in the program, whether they have surgery or not.

When I woke up I was so upset, it felt soooooo real. It was a solid 15 minutes of being awake before it sank in that it was only a dream.

You think my poor brain is trying to process my anxiety and nerves? Lol

I turned into a May gastric sleeve patient. I originally went to surgery March 27th for bypass but due to a previous surgery the bypass could not be done. So I went back in May 1st and came out with the sleeve. It was horrible but I’m glad to be through surgery. I’m still on full liquid diet (2weeks total) and I have zero appetite. I had some minor head hunger yesterday and today I want real food but it’s not an overwhelming craving. I’m just sick of Protein Drinks and yogurt. Whoever said popcorn was their weakness, I am right there with you!!! I’m sticking to this though, after all I went through to get this surgery I’m not going to do anything to mess up

I turned into a May gastric sleeve patient. I originally went to surgery March 27th for bypass but due to a previous surgery the bypass could not be done. So I went back in May 1st and came out with the sleeve. It was horrible but I’m glad to be through surgery. I’m still on full liquid diet (2weeks total) and I have zero appetite. I had some minor head hunger yesterday and today I want real food but it’s not an overwhelming craving. I’m just sick of Protein Drinks and yogurt. Whoever said popcorn was their weakness, I am right there with you!!! I’m sticking to this though, after all I went through to get this surgery I’m not going to do anything to mess up
I'm sorry you've had a bumpy road this far and glad that you're on the far side of surgery. Hope your transition to real food goes smoothly!

One cruel twist of fate for me on this liquid diet... my week of PMS has started so not only am I retaining Water like mad, but I'm also twice as hungry as usual. Grrr...

I drempt my surgeo waited until I got into the OR and then announced he was going to his son's commencement because it would be more interesting Of course, it never happened. I got my surgery just as scheduled, but like you it seemed SO REAL for a few minutes. 😛

I had my meeting with the anesthetist and the nurse who informs us about more details about the surgery yesterday. My surgery is on the 27th...Getting close.

I'm officially on the May 2019 Loser's Bench with ya'll!!! Next Tuesday, May 14th :1296_raised_hands_tone2: :1296_raised_hands_tone2: :1296_raised_hands_tone2:

On 5/6/2019 at 8:59 PM, MrsGamgee said:

One cruel twist of fate for me on this liquid diet... my week of PMS has started so not only am I retaining Water like mad, but I'm also twice as hungry as usual. Grrr...

That blows!!! My Shark Week just ended on Monday'ish. Keep full of Protein and you'll be fine!

That blows!!! My Shark Week just ended on Monday'ish. Keep full of Protein and you'll be fine!
Thanks! Sadly, I don't have a lot of choice in the matter. I'm on 5 Glucerna shakes + 200 cal of veggies... that's it. Trying to stay active and not let the food thoughts overwhelm me.

6 minutes ago, MrsGamgee said:

Thanks! Sadly, I don't have a lot of choice in the matter. I'm on 5 Glucerna shakes + 200 cal of veggies... that's it. Trying to stay active and not let the food thoughts overwhelm me.

Oh gosh! They won't let you add some more Protein (unflavored) to those Glucerna shakes?

Nope, I asked. Now I just have to knuckle down and get through. 6 more days of shakes, and a day of Clear Liquids. Then this bit will all be a memory.

32 minutes ago, MrsGamgee said:

Nope, I asked. Now I just have to knuckle down and get through. 6 more days of shakes, and a day of Clear Liquids. Then this bit will all be a memory.

True!!! You got this, girl!!!

Okay, I may or may not have just lost my cool on my family.

When prepping for surgery, I made a plan to make a bunch of freezer meals for my hubs and two wee-lings for the first two weeks post op, because I figured that I wouldn't be interested in cooking for them at that time. What I should have considered was how hard it would be to cook meals for them while being on the pre-op diet. I take pride in feeding my family mostly healthy, interesting meals.

Tonight, while I was dishing up their dinners they were horsing around generally being pains in the butt, all three of them. One hungry mommy who hasn't eaten anything resembling comfort food in more than a week who's also dealing with wicked pms is not to be crossed when she's staring down the barrel of a pot of mashed potatoes and a tray of oven fried chicken.

*sigh* And now I feel rotten.

You are good!! I would have caved. From now on make your husband dish up the meals!!!!