Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Is may 6th! My pre op starts on May 20th! tomorrow ;(

Sorry guys My account was deleted. I GUESS BECAUSE I TOLD PEOPLE TO FOLLOW ME ON ISTA IDK LOL.

BUT HERE WE GO AGAIN...

Edited by Dabeyhive904

Mine is the 27th.

I have a question for you all. I was thinking of starting my pre-op VLCD diet on the 1st, but really hate those Meal Replacement shakes. The sweetener in them gives me diarea and my face breaks out. Do you think it work it/be able to plan a pre-op diet with normal food? Something like taking Multivitamins, breakfast: protein/smoothie, lunch: weight watchers Soup or modifast soup, supper: chicken breast/salmon and veg (no starchy one). I may even have enough calories to put in a Protein pudding snack for the evening or Protein Shake.

I've been lucky enough to find a Protein Powder that has no sugar added and free from sweetner. It has only slightly more calories (40) than other ones and I really like the taste.

So what do you guys think? Eat like I described or suck it up from the 1st until the 27th? or just do VLCD for the two weeks that my surgeon has asked for? (Of course, I am going to ask for approval from my nutritionist, but dont want to bother them if im being stupid.)

You’re not being stupid, but if I were you I’d follow the exact diet given by your team. And certainly not for longer than they say, because it sucks (currently on my pre op). If you hate the taste, then there probably isn’t any harm in doing the Protein Shakes that you like, but make sure you have the same amount calorie wise. So yeah, if they told you to do liquid, do liquid. You can do it! :)

On 4/21/2019 at 2:37 PM, RMcGarrah said:

My surgery is May 6th as well!! I start the liquid diet tomorrow! I’m starting to get nervous!

My surgery May 8th. Starts pre op diet in the morning . I'm also getting nervous but I am ready for a change.

My dietician is gone until next week, and im on my pre op diet going crazyyyyyy!!!! Im allowed to eat veggies and fruit and a 4 oz meat daily also i can have a slice of wheat bread daily.

Im wondering can i go to subway and get a veggie sub And only eat one side of the bread, and can i have salad? ??

I need her to come back asap!

Capture.JPG.3e57b9e4d0758868fe0ba823d846d39a.JPG

example

Edited by Dabeyhive

13 hours ago, Wanda1971 said:

My surgery May 8th. Starts pre op diet in the morning . I'm also getting nervous but I am ready for a change.

Its hard i started on Saturday and whew. It finally hit me last night. I woke up at 3:30 because my stomach was yelling at me. i immediately drunk a Protein Shake

On 4/21/2019 at 2:37 PM, RMcGarrah said:

My surgery is May 6th as well!! I start the liquid diet tomorrow! I’m starting to get nervous!

How is your diet going???

*quietly slips back into the forums* Apologies for my absence. Some stuff came up (not WLS related) that sent me into a bit of a funk and I didn't feel very much like chatting to anyone. I've tried to stay focused on my pre-op diet, with limited success.

But Thursday begins phase two of the diet... 5-6 glucerna shakes, and 200 calories of veg per day. Hopefully it will knock out the last three pounds I need to lose before surgery.

I hope everyone is doing well and not feeling too overwhelmed as your dates draw near.

15 hours ago, MrsGamgee said:

*quietly slips back into the forums* Apologies for my absence. Some stuff came up (not WLS related) that sent me into a bit of a funk and I didn't feel very much like chatting to anyone. I've tried to stay focused on my pre-op diet, with limited success.

But Thursday begins phase two of the diet... 5-6 glucerna shakes, and 200 calories of veg per day. Hopefully it will knock out the last three pounds I need to lose before surgery.

I hope everyone is doing well and not feeling too overwhelmed as your dates draw near.

I hope you are better. And i understand you wanting to take sometime fore yourself! Im sure you will loose those pounds in no time. Do some walking thats whats helping me

I slipped up on my preop diet but i bounced back. i skipped a day of my Vitamins and ate whataburger which is my weekness. I told my dietician and she was like its ok just to make sure i get my remaining fluids in .

I hope you are better. And i understand you wanting to take sometime fore yourself! Im sure you will loose those pounds in no time. Do some walking thats whats helping me

I slipped up on my preop diet but i bounced back. i skipped a day of my Vitamins and ate whataburger which is my weekness. I told my dietician and she was like its ok just to make sure i get my remaining fluids in .

Never had whataburger (don't have them here), but popcorn is my weakness and it's not on my pre-op diet at all. That hasn't stopped me from having some a couple of times in the last couple of weeks though. Thankfully the only popcorn we have left in our house is a package of microwave popcorn, which I find revolting.

Today is my last day on my hybrid diet. No more food funerals for me. Time to buckle down.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

Just wanted to share with you guys . image-0.00607967376708984.thumb.jpg.0bd8e42ffed574c5fc4ff004e7a8f1ee.jpg
Ooo... very helpful. Thank you for sharing.

3 hours ago, MrsGamgee said:

Never had whataburger (don't have them here), but popcorn is my weakness and it's not on my pre-op diet at all. That hasn't stopped me from having some a couple of times in the last couple of weeks though. Thankfully the only popcorn we have left in our house is a package of microwave popcorn, which I find revolting.

Today is my last day on my hybrid diet. No more food funerals for me. Time to buckle down.

Lol With this preop diet i never knew how much i was going to miss food until NOW smh