Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg guys . Sorry I’ve been gone but the recovery process is real . I could barely keep my eyes open and when I did it headed for the bathroom and a few laps in my yard then back to sleep . Now I’m sitting on the edge of my bed at 2:00 am can’t sleep and listening to my stomach cursing me out

Omg guys . Sorry I’ve been gone but the recovery process is real . I could barely keep my eyes open and when I did it headed for the bathroom and a few laps in my yard then back to sleep . Now I’m sitting on the edge of my bed at 2:00 am can’t sleep and listening to my stomach cursing me out
Glad to hear from you! Listen to your body, and rest when you need to obvs! Congrats on being on the loser's bench now!

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey all! I am new here. My surgery is May 29th. I am nervous and excited at the same time! I start my liquid diet on Monday. Good luck everyone!
Welcome Jasmine!

On 05/10/2019 at 15:55, dshenry61 said:

My surgery is May 22nd. Really getting excited.
Hi there I’m also 5-22-19 how are you doing on the liquid diet ?

Only 2 more days of shakes (hallelujah!!), then one day of clear fluids... woohoo! Had a couple of moments last night of "OMG, what am I doing?" but this morning I am more committed than ever.

On a slightly downer note, I somehow managed to injure my hip/leg yesterday. I have no idea what I did, just that it hurts like mad every time I try to move from sitting to standing and vice versa. I'm trying to work myself up to my usual walking workout but it may not happen today.

Only 2 more days of shakes (hallelujah!!), then one day of clear fluids... woohoo! Had a couple of moments last night of "OMG, what am I doing?" but this morning I am more committed than ever.
On a slightly downer note, I somehow managed to injure my hip/leg yesterday. I have no idea what I did, just that it hurts like mad every time I try to move from sitting to standing and vice versa. I'm trying to work myself up to my usual walking workout but it may not happen today.
You can do it! Take one day at a time. This was a big ordeal (having the operation). We are still sending hunger pains, so it's o ly human that we want more solids.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using BariatricPal mobile app

A thought for us all!
Where do I see me 5 years from now?
I see myself no longer looking at price tags or size markers!
Stay Strong Grow Healthy, Live Live Life To The Best of Your Abilities!

Hello all , Sorry i have been gone. Just recovering and getting us to my new tool.

I lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks! I went from a 3x starting my journey to a 1x post surgery!!!!!

Hello all , Sorry i have been gone. Just recovering and getting us to my new tool.
I lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks! I went from a 3x starting my journey to a 1x post surgery!!!!!
So glad to hear that you're doing well! Things here are good too, considering it's only been 4 days. Not hitting my Fluid or Protein targets yet, but getting a bit closer every day. Pain is minimal. Thinking I'll switch to regular tylenol today if I need it. Congrats on the 20lbs already! That's so incredible!

We got this!

A thought for us all!
Where do I see me 5 years from now?
I see myself no longer looking at price tags or size markers!
Stay Strong Grow Healthy, Live Live Life To The Best of Your Abilities!
5 years from now? I see me running after my wee-lings, being a fun and active mom. I see me working in a job where I don't come home in agony at the end of every shift from hauling my huge self around. I see me and my hubs more connected than ever and enjoying ourselves together without questioning my ability to keep up with him. I see me still enjoying cooking for my family, but not being obsessed by it.

45 minutes ago, MrsGamgee said:

So glad to hear that you're doing well! Things here are good too, considering it's only been 4 days. Not hitting my Fluid or Protein targets yet, but getting a bit closer every day. Pain is minimal. Thinking I'll switch to regular tylenol today if I need it. Congrats on the 20lbs already! That's so incredible!

We got this!

Thank you!! My dr said your first month they have a goal . But realistically Most can reach it . Just do as much as you can and take your Vitamins youll be fine! My pain has calmed down a lot. My pain mostly comes from heart burn and acid reflux from Water lol

Yeah, my RD said that for the first 2 weeks, my only real goal is fluids, anything else is a bonus. Figuring out when to take my meds is part of today's challenge. Can't take my multi + Iron with other meds but I'm supposed to take it with food, yada yada. And getting in a 10 minute walk every 2 hours that I'm awake. Seems small on paper, but they dominate my brain right now.