Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you at least getting the sponge swabs? ?

12 hours ago, kerri lavon said:

Tomorrow is my day! I am so excited to begin this new journey. Good Luck to everyone who is having surgery today and tomorrow.

Good luck to you!

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:46 PM, Gina2208 said:

Hi had my revision from band to bypass April 1st.

Having issues with amount I should be eating.

Are you getting enough Water and Protein? And exercising?

1 hour ago, Brent701 said:

While some of you are tired of liquids what I would give to get my first water!

Anyone else having problems with urinating on day of surgery?

Oh the thirst was unbearable for me on surgery day! I remember waiting forever after getting to my room for some water! And then all I got every hour was 15 ounces of it! But just remember it’s for our own good. Good luck today!

16 hours ago, SusieQ2019 said:

Just checked in. Good luck to everyone having surgery today.

Good luck!!! You got this!!!!

8 hours ago, CajunSam said:

Has anyone hit the dreaded 3 week stall yet? I have. It’s a HUGE bummer and discouraging but I am trying to remember it’s totally normal. I’ve been stalled for 7 days now and I am 3.5 weeks out.

I’m a month out tomorrow and only lost 6 pounds since 3rd April

trying to remain motivated here

11 hours ago, CajunSam said:

Has anyone hit the dreaded 3 week stall yet? I have. It’s a HUGE bummer and discouraging but I am trying to remember it’s totally normal. I’ve been stalled for 7 days now and I am 3.5 weeks out.

I stalled out at two weeks. But then about four days ago I dropped seven or 8 pounds all of the sudden. I’ve now hit my first intermediate goal of 300 lbs!

HW 376

SW 330

CW 300

Marc, that’s awesome! Congrats on meeting your first goal! You’ve lost 76 lbs so far and that’s incredible. I am hoping for a stall break very soon!

So I had my gastric bypass last Tuesday 23rd April. After checking in at 11am the wait was horrendous. I hadn’t drank anything since check in and my surgery was delayed by hrs I finally went in at 7pm and was woken up in recovery by 2am. My pain threshold is terrible so, when women I was in so much pain. I hated every second of it. Upon going back to my room I couldn’t stomach any fluids for 48hrs. Anything I drank came right back up, the vomiting and heaving was so so painful. They tried giving me juice and very thin Soups but that didn’t work. In fact the smell of Soup actually made me sick. Bless the nurses, they really tried o help
me by offering me different soups but to no avail.

Since I couldn’t keep anything down, my pulse and blood pressure went up and I was dehydrated which meant I had to stay in hospital. But different anti-sickness meds were given to me and I was put back on a drip fluids an morphine for the pain. After getting a nights rest I finally was able to start keeping fluids down. Sip by sip I started tolerating fluids again. Pressure and pulse went back to normal and dehydration got better.

After 4 nights in hospital I was sent home. Thank God. I thought it would be great to be back in my own bed but I was mistaken. If only I could take the adjustable hospital bed home. I was so uncomfortable for the 1st 2 nights but as the pain slowly gets better I am finding comfort.

I found a hot water bottle my grace.

Drinking Water is easy for me now but I’m still struggling with soups. The nausea has gone but I’m so full on the water that I can only have 1-2 spoon fulls of soup then I’m done.

As for moving around. I’m up and about more now. But it was such a struggle to just walk 250m down the road, I would get so out of breath. Now on day 7 after surgery I can walk around more without getting out of breath but I DON’T over exert myself. I’m hoping to start working out again after day 14.

This is just the start of my journey and without a doubt I am excited.

My weight so far

H/W April 2018 - 280lbs

1wk b4 surgery 16th April - 260lbs

Weight 27th April 2019 - 249lbs

Good luck to you all in this amazing journey

Sending love to all the April 2019 lovely people. I hope all are doing well in recovery, liquid & purée stages and onwards.

Thought I’d share a few non weight loss positives.

1. I can sleep more on my sides almost on my stomach (I am actually a side sleeper but have noticed how different being able to roll further round with diminishing tummy)

2. I went to the gym and rode the bike for 32mins this morning. And my legs as in thighs and calves didn’t feel like they were squishing whilst peddling revolutions.

3. Managed to keep food down that is puréed!

Thank you to everyone in this thread, I’m grateful to have people on the same journey.

Xoxoxox

On 04/30/2019 at 13:30, CajunSam said:

Keep going @CajunSam it will happen. Try and list some non weight loss positives. You’ve done such a huge thing for your health and happiness.

Had my surgery and everything is good but the gas pain on my chest was unbearable. I dont think in my life I've ever felt this type of pain. I thought I was having a heart attack. I feel much better now waiting for my leak test in about 4 hours so I can drink at least Water. I havent had anything to drink since midnight day before. Hope everyone is healing nicely.

I hit the stall in my third week and was stalled for the whole week. I started the process a little smaller at 230 so I’m only down 17lbs but I’m thrilled with that. After the stall ended I dropped two pounds and then about 1.5-2lbs a week after that.

On 4/29/2019 at 10:30 PM, CajunSam said:

Yep! I stalled for 5 days in week 2, then completely stalled in Week 3, with some added Water weight. I know it's water weight because my ankles are swollen.