Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 4/29/2019 at 5:06 PM, Lenore805 said:

Well - All ready for my surgery tomorrow - check in @ 11am - I’m also so tired of the liquids - made mistake of going into Winco and stocked up on Jello/Milk/ and sugarless Jolly Ranchers - it seems to help with the cotton mouth and breath...But then everything hit me - the Deli - the Hot food area - My granddaughter kept asking me if I wanted a taste - then she’d say - “Oh, you can’t “.... I ran out of that store! So, got everything ready - now just have to hang on till manana- Hope everyone has a great night - Pray all those recovering are doing well - 💜🙏👍🦋

I had a bypass one month ago. Trust me girl: that Deli feeling will pass. The day comes soon you will walk through that Deli hot food area and wonder what you ever saw in it. It won't be a mental decision. It's physical. Somehow the surgery literally cuts off and ends whatever part of a person desiring those foods. The hot food section in the town I live in is a huge one. Ralphs in California. (Think the biggest Key Foods you ever saw. Now make it futuristic and put yourself in a dream where every single item you could want or think of is there.) I used to gorge on things from this section.

Now I walk right on by. Straight to where the Brussels sprouts are.

You'll look fondly back at salts, breads and sugars like you never knew them and then face challenges I'm facing: how to get 500 calories and Vitamins into you daily. And what teeny tiny outfit you are beginning to notice you can wear. This morning I found crow's feet around my belly button. LOOSE SKIN is appearing! 😄 Welcome to the loser's bench!

On 4/29/2019 at 5:24 PM, Jennifer22672 said:

To all those who have already had surgery, how are things going?

My procedure was April 1. The check in I just posted is absolutely for you :D

I posted not too long ago thinking my week 3 stall had broken and I was right! 7 lbs down in the last week and half.

It’s so hard to trust this process but we really have to. My weight loss is extremely slow...I expected that being a revision patient and I am totally ok with that. As long as it keeps coming off!

Also, let me just add how important getting your Water in is! Ive noticed the days I am a little low on my water intake I am not feeling as good and the next day my weight loss isn't as significant.

Awesome! I hope my stall breaks soon.

Since my surgery on April 3rd I lost 22 lbs, SW 242, so less than 10%. I am a bit discouraged as I here much better results... I am eating my Protein and Vitamins but it’s very hard with the Water, I simply forget to drink regularly. I started on solids some days ago and a lot just come back, especially the meat. I try to mix it with purees but still...I also feel low on energy and can hardly do my exercises. After exercising I feel just even more low, no endorphins rush for me. Frustrated and depressed, that sums it up for me

Ah, and the cravings for junk food, they are there, good that my pouch won’t have them.

Anacat we are surgery sisters!
I had the bypass and I must say I am doing well on energy but I have to remember to get my Vitamins in and all the other meds I was prescribed because I came into this with absolutely no med problems and never having to take any meds to having to take like 6 which is a bit overwhelming.
I’m still having trouble getting down any food that I have to chew so I am stuck in purées which is fine for me because I honestly still don’t have the urge to eat. I have to remember to do that too.
HW 272
SW 256
CW 230

2 weeks post op today vsg
I feel like I am really struggling with my Water though...
Ht: 5’2”
Hw: 232lbs
Sw: 228lbs
Gw: 130lbs
Cw: 207lbs

Anyone else on here use belite

7 minutes ago, msninap said:

2 weeks post op today vsg
I feel like I am really struggling with my Water though...
Ht: 5’2”
Hw: 232lbs
Sw: 228lbs
Gw: 130lbs
Cw: 207lbs

Anyone else on here use belite

I’m 3 1/2 weeks post op VSG

Im struggling with my fluids and Protein, which I’m sure is why my weight loss has stalled.

Ht: 5’1”

HW: 227

SW: 218

CW: 204

Very frustrating

When is your surgery? April 8th
What kind of surgery? Gastric Bypass
Height? 5’
Starting weight? 240
Goal weight? 130

Sent from my VS986 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 05/09/2019 at 11:02, Sberryblond said:

I’m 3 1/2 weeks post op VSG

Im struggling with my fluids and Protein, which I’m sure is why my weight loss has stalled.

Ht: 5’1”

HW: 227

SW: 218

CW: 204

Very frustrating

My surgery was on April 3rd and I struggled the whole month with Protein intake. My doc said as long as I am getting my fluids in and taking my Vitamins I will be fine.
I started making my own shakes with almond milk 2 strawberries and half a banana along with vanilla flavored Protein Powder and I’m getting that in very well.
As for food I’m still stuck on purées because I feel heavy when I try to chew on anything that my diet says I should be able to eat.
HW 272
SW 256
CW 230
GW 130

On 05/09/2019 at 15:30, Marybel said:

Anacat we are surgery sisters!

I had the bypass and I must say I am doing well on energy but I have to remember to get my Vitamins in and all the other meds I was prescribed because I came into this with absolutely no med problems and never having to take any meds to having to take like 6 which is a bit overwhelming.

I’m still having trouble getting down any food that I have to chew so I am stuck in purées which is fine for me because I honestly still don’t have the urge to eat. I have to remember to do that too.

HW 272

SW 256

CW 230
Hi sis 🤗
Well, I get hungry given the small quantities I eat, and dream naughty dreams about burgers or pasta... but then when I have to eat I mostly stick with specially designed bariatric meals or purees as well. The doctor said to give a try every 2 days to smith solid, so I keep throwing it up. Supposedly at some point I will stop. Hope my energy returns, I’ve been skipping office as much as I could and I want to start exercising properly. How about you - been to the gym yet?

On 05/09/2019 at 13:12, Anacat said:

Hi sis 🤗

Well, I get hungry given the small quantities I eat, and dream naughty dreams about burgers or pasta... but then when I have to eat I mostly stick with specially designed bariatric meals or purees as well. The doctor said to give a try every 2 days to smith solid, so I keep throwing it up. Supposedly at some point I will stop. Hope my energy returns, I’ve been skipping office as much as I could and I want to start exercising properly. How about you - been to the gym yet?
Oh my goodness I miss tacos lol but I will never ever feel the urge to try one again with risking getting my stomach upset.
But yes I started going to the gym about 2 1/2 weeks ago just cycling and walking. I do standing push ups at home against my dresser.
That’s about it. I return to work on Monday finally.