Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

34 minutes ago, Gotta win 4me said:

As many surgeries that I have had. This is the one that freaked me out the most. The last surgery I had was a tad bit lower than this one and and the one before that was a tad bit lower than the previous one. Surgery is scary either way it goes. I had a complication but not related to the surgery. It was related to an allergic reaction that I had the night before surgery. Everything will be fine and you will know it is fine right after you wake up from the Anesthesia. .

Thanks for this! I have never had surgery before, so all of it freaks me out. The first anesthesia I've ever had was for the endoscopy I had to have for my GI clearance, and I was panicked then. Positive thinking from here on out!

Surgery is tomorrow and for the first time since insurance approval I’m feeling EXCITED!

I hope everyone here is doing well at the various stages of pre-op and post-op. In a few weeks we will all be on the other side and compare notes about how much gas we have! 🙂

I'm going out for a big steak dinner tonight before I start liquids tomorrow. When I was having my favorite foods over the last week, I kept thinking, "This is the last time I will ever eat this." It's getting very real!

I'm confused... I don't have any gas pain, no restriction when I'm drinking... the only pain I have is that it feels like a thousand bees have stung my stomach and then acid was thrown on it.

Has anyone else had this? I would have thought I'd have gas pain and it'd be hard to drink. nope!

So i had surgery on Feb 8. I'm up walking every hour but im in alot of pain. I'm getting taken off pain pump In a few moments. Also I haven't pooped or farted yet any advice

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

On 02/10/2019 at 11:39, SisterWannaSleeve said:

Surgery is tomorrow and for the first time since insurance approval I’m feeling EXCITED!
My surgery is tomorrow as well! Good luck to you :)

On 02/10/2019 at 11:19, froufrou said:

I'm confused... I don't have any gas pain, no restriction when I'm drinking... the only pain I have is that it feels like a thousand bees have stung my stomach and then acid was thrown on it.

Has anyone else had this? I would have thought I'd have gas pain and it'd be hard to drink. nope!

I had surgery on 2/5. Minimal gas pain in left shoulder. Stopped pain meds on 2/6. Occasional stinging feeling to 1 particular incision, but it’s rare. I think I’m doing fabulous. I can drink fine, no restriction so far (but it’s just liquids and pudding I know this will change with soft and regular foods.) I feel amazing.

I just went to Kroger and got some Soup from their deli. I got creamy Tomato and broccoli cheese. The tomato was the most amazing thing I have had in weeks. I strained it and added 1 scoop of Protein Powder. I ate a half a cup. Can’t begin to explain how amazing it was.

I had surgery on 2/5. Minimal gas pain in left shoulder. Stopped pain meds on 2/6. Occasional stinging feeling to 1 particular incision, but it’s rare. I think I’m doing fabulous. I can drink fine, no restriction so far (but it’s just liquids and pudding I know this will change with soft and regular foods.) I feel amazing.

I just went to Kroger and got some Soup from their deli. I got creamy Tomato and broccoli cheese. The Tomato was the most amazing thing I have had in weeks. I strained it and added 1 scoop of Protein Powder. I ate a half a cup. Can’t begin to explain how amazing it was.
So happy for you I and mine 2/6 and bed use some gas in my chest here and there I feel.fine ...I have no problem with my liquid so.far ...I am so proud of myself so far

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, itssbrit said:
4 hours ago, SisterWannaSleeve said:

My surgery is tomorrow as well! Good luck to you :)

Mine is tomorrow too, at 1pm. Best wishes to you guys :)

2 hours ago, BlueIGT said:

Mine is tomorrow too, at 1pm. Best wishes to you guys :)

Thoughts and prayers for all three of you who are going into surgery tomorrow. 😀

2 hours ago, myriam569 said:

So happy for you I and mine 2/6 and bed use some gas in my chest here and there I feel.fine ...I have no problem with my liquid so.far ...I am so proud of myself so far

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Great job both of you! This makes me feel a bit braver as I head to my surgery on Wednesday. I have been straining my Soups and my best so far has been the Soup I strained today at Noodles & Company. Kind of embarrassing, but I strained their Thai chicken Soup at the table so I could eat with my family. It was soooo delicious. pudding, I must say, though, sounds AMAZING.

6 hours ago, froufrou said:

Hmmmm...this does seem odd. Might you be allergic to the surgical tape? When you say you have no restriction to drinking, do you mean the amount? Which surgery did you have?

6 hours ago, Recidivist said:

I hope everyone here is doing well at the various stages of pre-op and post-op. In a few weeks we will all be on the other side and compare notes about how much gas we have! 🙂

I'm going out for a big steak dinner tonight before I start liquids tomorrow. When I was having my favorite foods over the last week, I kept thinking, "This is the last time I will ever eat this." It's getting very real!

Enjoy every single bit of that steak. Savor it. Enjoy! And remember, some day you will get to eat teeny bites of really lean steak again!