Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Great Article/Blog Post: Deadly Mistakes With WLS Than Can Ruin Your Life

8 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Ok, the titles might be a little dramatic. Maybe it should read more like: "How to Fu*k Up Your WLS In 11 Easy Steps". LOL. I think it should be required reading! But I think #6 should maybe be first!

https://www.healtharticlesweb.com/deadly-mistakes-with-bariatric-surgery-that-can-ruin-patients-life/

I am in a a few Facebook WLS groups, interestingly that website is one of the most spammed/clickbait posts in some of the groups I belong. iIs usually three or four of the same articles by a first time poster to the group, presumably some facebook users are being cloned by bots or their fb page has been hijacked by a bot to post the spam. I saw some of those articles that are being clickbaited/spammed in the groups when I went to the link.

4 minutes ago, 2shea said:

I am in a a few Facebook WLS groups, interestingly that website is one of the most spammed/clickbait posts in some of the groups I belong. iIs usually three or four of the same articles by a first time poster to the group, presumably some Facebook users are being cloned by bots or their fb page has been hijacked by a bot to post the spam. I saw some of those articles that are being clickbaited/spammed in the groups when I went to the link.

Case in point, first time poster named Erin (typically a female name) but 'he' posted his first post, link to that website, and always the dramatic message with the link. Other click bait posts have included my mother, father or sister got colon cancer and or/died after taking this bariatric drug etc etc

image.png.c99cc2d2d491146be2256726d861a2ec.png

On 11/9/2018 at 5:41 PM, 2shea said:

Case in point, first time poster named Erin (typically a female name) but 'he' posted his first post, link to that website, and always the dramatic message with the link. Other click bait posts have included my mother, father or sister got colon cancer and or/died after taking this bariatric drug etc etc

image.png.c99cc2d2d491146be2256726d861a2ec.png

*sigh* Just when you think something is good and you've found a good something...LOL.

On 11/9/2018 at 9:59 AM, FluffyChix said:

how to Fu*k Up Your WLS In 11 Easy Steps".

@FluffyChix

tsk tsk tsk - did i spell that right?? such language😏

you and article are ace!!

who luvs ya baby?☺️

kathy

7 hours ago, proudgrammy said:

@FluffyChix

tsk tsk tsk - did i spell that right?? such language😏

you and article are ace!!

who luvs ya baby?☺️

kathy

MUAH! Backatcha missy. I happen to be at the head of your fan club girlie!!! ((hugs))

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the phrase "Dead Food" it is so evocative - I will carry that term around with me from now on.

Great article with important reminders. Thanks for posting!

Interesting article. However I think that there should be more clarification on drinking Water. Years ago I was trying to consume 2 litres of water per day in addition to the other low cal drinks I was drinking each day as this is the message that was being pushed by the media. Turns out I was drinking far too much and that can be dangerous.

It needs to be clarified that other liquids do count, it doesn’t have to be plain water. I rarely drink water unless it is a really hot day and the water is very cold as I don’t like the taste. The rest of the time I drink tea, no sugar and a splash of light milk - that is fine. So is drinking cordial or flavoured water etc. The most important thing is to get in sufficient liquid and obviously for a wls patient that needs to be low cal.

The part about grazing is also very true. WLS has always been more effective for people that are traditionally big meal eaters. If your natural pattern is to graze constantly it doesn’t offer as much help. You have to make a conscious choice to plan and eat proper meals

Great article..love love this article. Thank you

SW 306.6 CW 273.0 GW 135

I personally love the last one, that WLS DOES NOT CURE MORBID OBESITY. I feel like this is a huge point. This is a fantastic tool to ENABLE you to succeed but will not succeed for you. It takes mindfulness, and a true understanding of what drives you in order to succeed long term.

And yes #6 because dehydration sucks balls. I mean drinking no Water will guarantee weight loss... and a dirt nap so DRINK YOUR WATER! In all seriousness water is pretty much the most important part of aftercare for post-op patients in my opinion.

Morbid Obesity does not cure loneliness
Fat does not insulate you from the world and its hurtful people
Morbid Obesity does not l9ve you nor does i5 engender love in others
Morbid Obesity blinds others to Your Needs, Deafens them to your pleas for help
Morbid Obesity is more evil than any Wicked Stepmother, it makes you an "it" instead of a "someone"
And given the chance, Morbid Obesity will strangle your life, if not outright killing you, contributing to your death. WILL you be remembered for the Good Things you did? No, it will be " Too Bad about Harriet, she was SO FAT! Is this the epitaph YOU WANT? Ditch Her as soon as you can, as young as you can, for Old and Obese is a Sad Sad Place to abide. Ask Me, I Know Only Too Well.