Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August Sleevers out there?

Hi Katie I also stalled for a month, my scale did not want to budge yet I had been religiously eating right and getting my steps in. The only think that broke me from the stall was doing the opposite and eating more for about almost a week. Sometimes glycogen restoration is needed for the body to let go of things again.

I was sleeved on 30th Aug and Ive lost 26lbs. Im pleased with the loss, but I did expect a little more. I am still very tired all the time. I am on target for 33% loss in 3 months

Hi! I was sleeved on August 17th. I’ve lost 57lb since surgery. However, it is veryyy slow now, and the scale jumps down instead of going down steadily. Also, my hair is falling out like crazy. It is all over my bed and especially in the shower. I have super long hair though so it’s very annoying when falling out. I’ve been taking my Vitamins and Biotin since surgery. Never missed a day. Does not prevent Hair loss. Things are getting easier mentally, but I still miss my comfort food.

Hello friends. I was sleeved Aug 15. Down 32 lbs since surgery, plus another 15 on the pre surgery diet. Happy with the weight loss so far but I just can't hit my goals for Protein or Water. Nothing ever seems appealing to me to eat probably because I've had a lot of nausea on and off since surgery. Every time I eat or drink I have to be very mindful to not allow my body to go into nausea mode. I feel better when I have nothing in my stomach. I also haven't even begun to exercise. This whole journey has definitely been a struggle for me. Still trying to mentally get to a good place. As someone else mentioned I too am still feeling unhappy because I miss the comfort of food. And it's weird to open the fridge, find nothing appetizing, then just close it. Thankfully the weight loss this far feels good and helps prop me up while I'm feeling disappointed in myself. I do have a therapist that I've seen regularly for years so we're working on all this stuff together. This is such a challenge.

... also in the Hair loss stage. Totally freaks me out seeing so much on the brush, in the shower, on the floor. It really is scary to see.

I also have been taking my daily Vitamins and Biotin (started 2 weeks before surgery date). Not sure if the Biotin does anything but I take it anyways to keep my hair from receding. Was wondering if any of us August sleevers where fully healed from their incisions? I am except for my belly button which seems to have started leaking again. It did it recently right after surgery and cleared up and now it recently started back up. I read incisions take up to a year to fully heal.

What has everyone been eating at this point I find it hard to actually go eat unless my wife reminds me other wise I’m usually drinking Water Gatorade Zero and Protein Shakes.

Down 79 post op and sleeved on the 21st. Feeling good about weight loss but need to get to the gym more, losing some muscle mass. Walking 4 flights in the city with two kids might be helping the weight loss. Feel better physically, joints and previous sports injuries, meeting my 60-90g Protein goal but still feel really full after eating anything. Also experience dizziness when standing up too quick but surgeon said its a normal reaction to losing a lot of weight and my body adjusting.

What has everyone been eating at this point I find it hard to actually go eat unless my wife reminds me other wise I’m usually drinking Water Gatorade Zero and Protein Shakes.
Hi Richard! I was sleeved August 27th and In down 82 pounds! I work out an hour a day and do weights 3x a week, I teach full time and take 10k steps a day. An average eating day for me:
7am: Protein shake
10am:morniny snack. Cottage cheese and sunflower seeds, hardboiled egg and clementine, etc.
12 pm:lunch. Bowl of Soup and a few apple slices, lettuce wrap, salad, grilled chicken with pesto, baked ricotta, egg muffins, etc.
3pm: pre workout snack. Banana/oatmeal "cookie", rice crackers and hummus, etc.
7 pm: dinner. 1 egg, half a slice of cheese, salsa. Salad, soup, cauliflower crust pizza, chicken curry, refried Beans with grilled chicken and cheese, etc.

9pm: dessert. sugar free pudding, sugar free Jello, 1/2 Power Crunch bar, hightl protein ice cream, a mini dark chocolate Peanut Butter cup.

Total calories: 800-1100 calories. If I eat less than that my body starts to shut down and I am faint.

Throughout the day I drink at leat 12 cups of mostly pure water. Sometimes I spice it up by adding lemon, having tea or Powerade. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello AUG sleevers had my sleeve aug 21 down 70 lbs all together i am 58 years old and feel great !! best of Health to all !!

WELL TODAY MARKS THE DAY I HAVE OFFICIALLY LOST 100.00 LBS FROM MY HW OF 346. TO 246. THIS MORNING AND NOBODY WOULD UNDERSTAND THIS LIKE YOU GUYS THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT STILL HAVE A WAYS TO GO TO MEET MY GOAL IM ON THE ROAD FULL SPEED AHEAD

Well take your Viking helmet off and toot one of the horns, I am SO SO HAPPY for this day to come, doubt anyone deserves it more!

on 8/1/2018 I had gastric sleeve surgery. I'm down 48 pounds. I did not exercise for the first 2 months it was too hot out and to be honest I didn't want to. Now I walk 3 -4 times a week and loss between 1/2 lb and 1 1/2 lbs weekly It is slow but I just turned 70 and feel great. So happy I did this after a year of procrastination.