Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss HALT

So, before I had the surgery I was told my weight loss would be slower than others do to multiple medical issues causing hormonal issues including a benign brain tumor. My question is I'm only 3 weeks post OP and it seems to have come to a halt. In fact I gained three lbs. I have been following the plan as prescribed. I just introduced salmon,shrimp and eggs. Has anyone else felt with this issue so early on ? Any advice?

Yes, my first stall came at the end of my 2 weeks post op and lasted about 2 weeks, I came out of it and now right back in it. Just follow your plan and trust the process. Remember you didn't gain the weight overnight, we won't lose it overnight. Be patient, it will come off.

Yes, my first stall came at the end of my 2 weeks post op and lasted about 2 weeks, I came out of it and now right back in it. Just follow your plan and trust the process. Remember you didn't gain the weight overnight, we won't lose it overnight. Be patient, it will come off.
Thanks.... I'm so paranoid and have become a slave to the scale. Just found my tape measure and am going to get my measurements to monitor. I have been freaking out the last few days about the scale. Wish I could go to the gym but still feeling a pull and some pain. I have been walking daily. Guess, I need to learn to relax some. [emoji4]

If you're still concerned, contact your medical team. But my guess is it's probably all normal. Just keep walking, getting your Proteins and Water in.

If you're still concerned, contact your medical team. But my guess is it's probably all normal. Just keep walking, getting your Proteins and Water in.
I have an appointment scheduled this week. I'll probably address it with them then. Thanks so much.

Ah yes, the dreaded 3 week stall. It's very common and very discouraging. Stick with the program and you will get over this hump.

Anytime you make diet changes, you body will react to those changes, typically by holding weight or gaining a bit. I know it's frustrating. I'm 6 months post op and dealing with a few small gain/drop/drop/gain/drop situations. Still trending downward overall, but those little up swings make me so damn angry!

You’re introducing foods back into your diet; your body is adjusting. The weight will come off and there will always be stalls. Just give it time

Anytime you make diet changes, you body will react to those changes, typically by holding weight or gaining a bit. I know it's frustrating. I'm 6 months post op and dealing with a few small gain/drop/drop/gain/drop situations. Still trending downward overall, but those little up swings make me so damn angry!
I know. It's so discouraging. Especially when I want pizza and carbs but I'm teaching myself to make better choices.

1 hour ago, prkitty said:

I know. It's so discouraging. Especially when I want pizza and carbs but I'm teaching myself to make better choices.

Swaps, I'm all about the swaps. What can you swap that pizza out for that fits your diet and is a healthier option. Not sure how far out from surgery you are, but cauliflower pizza is a pretty good alternative to typical pizza. Check the panel clearly but it's a decent swap.

Swaps, I'm all about the swaps. What can you swap that pizza out for that fits your diet and is a healthier option. Not sure how far out from surgery you are, but cauliflower pizza is a pretty good alternative to typical pizza. Check the panel clearly but it's a decent swap.
I'll have to try that as soon as its allowed. I can only have seafood and pureed meat (eww). Thanks for all your help.

1 minute ago, prkitty said:

I'll have to try that as soon as its allowed. I can only have seafood and pureed meat (eww). Thanks for all your help.

I know for me Chili was approved, as well as chicken salad, tuna salad, etc are also approved (without the added vegetables in it). Reach back out to your nutionist and see if they can get you an expanded list of foods you can eat. Saying only seafood and pureed meat sounds very VERY limited. I could also have anything that was baby food consistency, including baby food if I really wanted to..

I know for me Chili was approved, as well as chicken salad, tuna salad, etc are also approved (without the added vegetables in it). Reach back out to your nutionist and see if they can get you an expanded list of foods you can eat. Saying only seafood and pureed meat sounds very VERY limited. I could also have anything that was baby food consistency, including baby food if I really wanted to..
I can't have beef or chicken yet unless pureed. But you are right anything that consistency and vegetables without a hard skin. I had butternut squash noodles the other day with sauteed shrimp. I didn't mean to make it sound like those were my two only options. I just miss carbs.

4 minutes ago, prkitty said:

I can't have beef or chicken yet unless pureed. But you are right anything that consistency and vegetables without a hard skin. I had butternut squash noodles the other day with sauteed shrimp. I didn't mean to make it sound like those were my two only options. I just miss carbs.

I understand. Sounds more like you don't miss "carbs" since every single vegetable in existence has carbs in it, sounds like you are missing white flour. That stuff is so addictive! It was a hard battle, but I don't eat white flour at all anymore and I no longer miss it!

I understand. Sounds more like you don't miss "carbs" since every single vegetable in existence has carbs in it, sounds like you are missing white flour. That stuff is so addictive! It was a hard battle, but I don't eat white flour at all anymore and I no longer miss it!
Probably bc it's really bread I miss. Gotta find healthier substitutes when the time comes.