Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

9 hours ago, Yvonne47 said:

Just had my sleeve surgery October 26th 3 days ago do anybody know y my inner shoulders may be hurting I thought maybe bcuz during surgery they had my arms laid out like the cross. Then I wonder if it's gas I just don't want pneumonia the Dr told me U can get that just wanted to know has anybody experienced this pain it doesn't feel good. And how is everybody consuming all of these liquids its so hard to do I get full quick then my stomach hurts smh

Sent from my LG-TP260 using BariatricPal mobile app

The pain could also be from the swelling. I had a hiatal hernia repaired at the same time and my dr said, the pain I was feeling was from the swelling.

7 hours ago, Yessican said:

Hey guys, I’m scheduled for nov 7, I went to my pre-op appointment with my surgeon and they gave me the consent papers to sign. Omg I freaked out when I started reading all the risks and complications possible.. how did u guys over come this fear.. help I’m having second thought now....😞

I have a law degree and those papers are to protect the hospital and their insurance companies against every possibility that could ever go wrong. For the vast majority of people, things go exactly as planned. The operation is relatively safe, along the lines of having your gallbladder removed. If you feel like the pros, having a tool to lose weight that works well for most people, outweigh the risks, that should make you feel better.

There are risks involved in leaving your house, driving, etc. but no one has you sign a release to do those things. Hope that helps.

Today’s my day! I’m excited and very nervous. My surgery starts at 7am. Wish me luck!😬

25 minutes ago, cateckert said:

Today’s my day! I’m excited and very nervous. My surgery starts at 7am. Wish me luck!😬

Good luck!

36 minutes ago, Yvonne47 said:

Can we eat yogurt 3 days post op I been eating Jello and barely get that down 3 spoonfuls and I'm done

Check with your doctor. I was allowed to as long as it was watered down with milk.

Well by now you are in surgery if you're in the Eastern or Central time zones, if in M9untain or Pacific zones it's nearly here! Yes I do wish you well & this is a REBIRTHDAY. After today you are forever changed, well it is what you have worked towards, lost weight and now you have to start living it. In many wars this is still a hard lesson, learning is easier than living it.
It will be 8 weeks tomorrow for me and things are still not perfect enough to go running towards the goal. In theory I am far along to be under care of Nurse-Practioners and Nutrition/Dietician, had a call into Bariatric department, had a long- standing appt. with orthopaedic , turns,out. thatt is one body area I'm not ready for surgery upon. When I got home , I had missed my dietician's call by 5 minutes, and they had closed that department for the day.
So maybe I'll hear this AM, hope so, don't even like getting up. Oh I know I must. Took a dose of M of Magnesia early last evening, had lower abdom. pain all yesterday, wondered if that was it but no results yet, usually wake up and have to go. Miralax keeps it soft but still on liquids, not much gets moved along. But I am basically a hopeful person, keeps me from crying my eyes out💦 over everything.But I wish you a Good Surgery, and smooth days ahead. And my,problems, I can only hope THEY smooth out SOON.

5 hours ago, Georgetown said:

Hi danieocean! I had surgery on the 16th too! Just starting to eat soft food. I’ve never been so happy to chew! Lol

Last night I made the ricotta bake. It was delicious! I think I didn’t eat slow enough and it was quite uncomfortable though. I also tried tuna fish and that went down ok.

I’m down 14 pounds since surgery and almost 30 since I started the post op diet on October 2. I love the results so far!

Best of luck to you!

RIght, who knew how much we took chewing for granted?! I've definitely noticed I feel pressure in my chest if I eat too fast or accidentally take a drink of something (that has been a HUGE habit to break). I tried making turkey meatballs last night. Bad idea! LOL I had about 3 bites and my stomach was majorly upset. As of today I am 14lbs down now too! Do you feel like it's not going fast enough for all of this?! I feel frustrated even though I've lost a pound a day so far! I want to get up and exercising next week for sure. Looking at community pools and think swimming would be a good place to start.

Hope you're doing fantastic! congrats on your soft foods stage!

14 minutes ago, danieocean said:

RIght, who knew how much we took chewing for granted?! I've definitely noticed I feel pressure in my chest if I eat too fast or accidentally take a drink of something (that has been a HUGE habit to break). I tried making turkey meatballs last night. Bad idea! LOL I had about 3 bites and my stomach was majorly upset. As of today I am 14lbs down now too! Do you feel like it's not going fast enough for all of this?! I feel frustrated even though I've lost a pound a day so far! I want to get up and exercising next week for sure. Looking at community pools and think swimming would be a good place to start.

Hope you're doing fantastic! congrats on your soft foods stage!

I’m pleased with the weight loss. I’m happy to see the scale going down instead of up. Don’t forget that you’re losing inches too! I’m trying not to weigh myself to much.

I also tried a bite of a meatball last night and didn’t feel good! I had to lay down till I felt better! I had a scrambled egg this morning and it was so good!

Keep up the good work don’t rely to much on the scale!

13 hours ago, Peaches54 said:

Had my sleeve done Oct, 26. Not quite a week yet. Very minimal pain, but already sick of Protein Drinks.

I can relate. I had surgery on Oct. 26 as well. The taste of the shakes makes me sick. I spoke to my nutritionist she told me to try creamed Soups but I have to add additional Protein. They are going down but everything is taking a long time. If I eat or drink to fast I get horrible pain. So I take it slow.

14 hours ago, josh m said:

I made my own shakes 22 grams of Protein from Greek yogurt 40 grams from Protein Powder and strawberries and ice

That sounds delicious I'm going to have to try it. The ready to drink shakes that I have are making me sick.