Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

Hi everybody,

I’m not sure if this is related to the surgery or weather but I have been having extremely dry skin all over my body, my face and tummy are even flaky... I moisturize every day and still the same thing. Could that be some effect from the meds?
I have never had dry skin this bad before.

3 hours ago, Freiabr said:

Hi everybody,

I’m not sure if this is related to the surgery or weather but I have been having extremely dry skin all over my body, my face and tummy are even flaky... I moisturize every day and still the same thing. Could that be some effect from the meds?

I noticed my legs being very dry and flakey after the surgery also, but it's just my legs. They seem to be getting better though.

On 12/16/2018 at 21:38, Freiabr said:

Hi everybody,

I am having the same issue. I normally have dry skin this time of year but it is definitely worse than normal. My scalp too. Maybe due to less oils and fats?

2 months post op. Down 81 pounds.
I tried the insurance route 3 times and all 3 times the ins.co would pull the no bariatric rider at the last minute. I paid out of pocket for mine, $13k. I gave them a check on 10/01 and was on the table 10/15. Dr required 2 visits. One was a “physical” more or less and the other was a sales pitch, the next day he was playing with my innards.
10/15 the day of surgery i was 381, 12/15 I’m 300.
do what your dr says and the procedure will work.
Water is critical, lots of Protein, as few carbs as possible. I try to stay under 1000 calories and 20 carbs a day, and I’m usually able to do that the key is reading labels. meat has few/no carbs- cook it simply and it’s perfect. sauces and seasonings are the devil. I use a lot of garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary. And I grill everything beef, bird, fish... everything
Dont graze eat. Figure out what you can “hold” and then only put 75% on your plate.
i guess I got lucky- I have had ZERO complications post op. No bleeding, no dumping, no major pain, nothing. I went back to work after a week off... I was bored silly sitting at home that week
I live and die by my 30oz yeti. I drink 3 cups plus a day. One before lunch, one before dinner, one before bed. Sometime I shoot some MIO or lemon in it. Somedays I have unsweet tea. I’ve been able to keep the soda and alcohol monsters away, but somedays I’d kill for a ginger ale
Pouches of tuna and salmon and chicken are easy to carry in the car or work bag.
A little thing I do is when I’m on dinner duty, I hit the free sample display at the deli. One cube of meat, one of cheese and I’m half full, keeps me from over indulging with actual dinner
for a sweet treat, sugar free popcicles are just sweet enough to do the trick. Atkins has some good low carb/high Protein Bars. One thing I learned is the more you pay, the better they are.
Exercise is difficult for me due to the nature of my work- I’m on a seagoing tugboat 9 months a year. So the whole boat is my gym- everything is 100 pounds or more, it’s difficult to get the cardio in though- you can walk only so many laps around my 150’ steel island.
Wow, congrats! Thats amazing. I was sleeved 10/16, cash patient as well. I have lost 37 lbs since Oct 1, including preop, which I am pleased with....especially considering the 3 week stall in between. I am so thankful for my tool and cant wait to see how the next several months progress. Keep up the great work! IMG_20181209_092150_501.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 12/17/2018 at 13:29, br3n said:

Wow, congrats! Thats amazing. I was sleeved 10/16, cash patient as well. I have lost 37 lbs since Oct 1, including preop, which I am pleased with....especially considering the 3 week stall in between. I am so thankful for my tool and cant wait to see how the next several months progress. Keep up the great work! IMG_20181209_092150_501.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am your twin! Also sleeved on 10/16. Also down 37 lbs and two pant sizes. From 24 to 20. I also had a 2 1/2 to 3 week stall.

On 12/17/2018 at 16:20, JulieL123 said:

Anyone out of plus size clothes yet?? I can’t wait for that day!! How far off is 16 w to a 14 regular? Ok wearing an 18 so still a bit to go!
I’m in a 16 that’s a little too big so I bought the 14s and have them waiting!!! I can fit into a regular XL and sometimes an L top!!! It feels amazing.. two pounds left to onederland, 54lbs down!

I am wearing 16 now and they feel loose on the waist but I have huge hips and the 14s don’t come up yet. I started at 268 and am now 230. Can’t wait to get to onederland!

So, I did speak to my surgeon and NP about my extremely dry skin and they told me to drink more Water as I might be dehydrated. Also asked if I could have some wine 🍷 on Xmas and they said NO 😭😭😭

I'm super jealous of you guys that are losing sizes. Sleeved 10/3, down 30 from surgery, 45 from pre-op. Still mostly in the same pant size - the legs are just baggy. Although it appears I *may* be getting into my larger 22s rather than a 24. I know I'll get there and I'm super happy with my #s, just not seeing it play out in my inches/clothing.

I’m down to a 16/18 from a 20 @ 281 lbs. I’m tall and because this is my second go around, I have had a Tummy Tuck. This causes me to carry my weight in my chest and thighs. To compare, I was in a 26 before my band and I was in a 20 at the same weight right before my sleeve.

3 hours ago, JulieL123 said:

Anyone out of plus size clothes yet?? I can’t wait for that day!! How far off is 16 w to a 14 regular? Ok wearing an 18 so still a bit to go!

In my experience, it took the most to go from size 16 to 14....about 70 lbs. after size 12, the sizes drop faster.

OK, so I've been having a kind of cruddy day. so, I decided to put something good out there.

I'm 7 weeks post op. I've lost 29.6 lbs since surgery (23.49% of EWL), 43.6 since my pre-op diet, and 51 total. I can eat pretty much any healthy food I've tried (although tuna is my nemesis).

This week is my first full week back at work because of the various holidays and I have every other Friday off. And I don't have another full week until mid-January sometime. Not that I need it for recovery, but I need it just to be away from my job.

And, really, life is pretty good. Sometimes I just need to remind myself. And put it out there for a bunch of strangers on the internet.

On 12/17/2018 at 17:32, notmyname said:

OK, so I've been having a kind of cruddy day. so, I decided to put something good out there.

I'm 7 weeks post op. I've lost 29.6 lbs since surgery (23.49% of EWL), 43.6 since my pre-op diet, and 51 total. I can eat pretty much any healthy food I've tried (although tuna is my nemesis).

This week is my first full week back at work because of the various holidays and I have every other Friday off. And I don't have another full week until mid-January sometime. Not that I need it for recovery, but I need it just to be away from my job.

And, really, life is pretty good. Sometimes I just need to remind myself. And put it out there for a bunch of strangers on the internet.

Take it easy. You’re allowed to go through the emotions and feel, you’re only human right. You’ve taken a major life altering step and this is just the beginning. There’s so much more great things in store for you. I was sleeved October 5, 2018. My starting weight was 277 surgery date was 247 and I’m currently 207. I’ve hit the dreaded 3 week stall. My emotions have been everywhere. I take it one day at a time. Also I won’t be returning back to work until January 7, 2019. My job can be stressful and I knew I’d need the extra time to take in all the changes. When life gets “cruddy”, think about how far you’ve already come. Hope you feel better..

I’ve gone from a size 20 to a 12 in 8 months. Two months post op though. Looking to lose that last 20 lbs!