Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

Are you buying pre-made meals? I’m kind of in the same boat bc my fiancé travels a lot. I’ve done some snap kitchen meals. Not sure if you have in your area. I’m starting to want more flavor and need to get more creative. For a while I was just happy to be eating food again and that has worn off.
Yes, I buy premade meals. Another member recommended the Real Good Food brand. They have a lot of high Protein low carb foods that you can throw in the microwave. I also do the high calorie, high protein Premier Protein bars. As mentioned, they are high calories but have tons (30grams) of protein. I don't find myself hungry very often so these work great as a meal for me. I will also do foods I dont have to cook like deli meats, cheese, yogurt, oatmeal, and fruits.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

You are doing so amazing by the way! I started at 308 so much more weight to loose.
Thank you! You got this also!

10 hours ago, JulieL123 said:

Hi everyone! I’m 9 weeks out and having what I think is my first stall or my weight-loss is slowing down. I think it’s time for me to start weighing once a week and tighten my food. I have done great with my weightloss but it is STILL scary and hard for the mind to not worry. I’m down 44lbs (including my week preop liquid diet). My bachelorette party was last weekend and I did drink wine, which might be part of the issue right now. I am struggling at nighttime and keep wanting to snack after dinner! I am also struggling with not wanting to cook. It seems like some days the sleeve works better than others. Is anyone experiencing this? Maybe the wine through my ketosis off? I was having a rough day and these progress pictures helped my mood a little! Sorry for the negative post, trying not to talk about this 24/7 with my fiancé or friends/fam. Would love to see others progress pictures!!

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

First of all you look fantastic! I’m 7 weeks out and I try to weigh myself only once a week but I agree, it’s hard! Don’t get stuck on those numbers! Look at other things, like this picture and the way your clothes fit. I’m going to try to go a few weeks without weighing myself. Maybe that’ll help you too. Good luck and keep up the great work!

11 hours ago, JulieL123 said:

Hi everyone! I’m 9 weeks out and having what I think is my first stall or my weight-loss is slowing down. I think it’s time for me to start weighing once a week and tighten my food. I have done great with my weightloss but it is STILL scary and hard for the mind to not worry. I’m down 44lbs (including my week preop liquid diet). My bachelorette party was last weekend and I did drink wine, which might be part of the issue right now. I am struggling at nighttime and keep wanting to snack after dinner! I am also struggling with not wanting to cook. It seems like some days the sleeve works better than others. Is anyone experiencing this? Maybe the wine through my ketosis off? I was having a rough day and these progress pictures helped my mood a little! Sorry for the negative post, trying not to talk about this 24/7 with my fiancé or friends/fam. Would love to see others progress pictures!!

11 hours ago, JulieL123 said:

You look great! Wish I had such a good before shot. I knew it at the time, too, but the idea of getting in front of that camera in all my glory held me back, LOL. My bariatric program warns us off all pre-made food, anything you don't prepare yourself. Surprised to see quite a few people on here doing them, but I'm clueless--maybe they're super healthy. Of course, I'm living in boring, repetitive food world. Lots of yogurt and cottage cheese, chicken and reduced fat cheese. They're not even letting me eat beef yet, though I know I'll get cleared for that phase on Monday at my nutrition appointment. And there may have been a cookie incident last night I'm considering posting about, so there's that. Anyway, don't let the stall demotivate you!! It will happen to us all at some point. One of the best things about a group like this. :)

On 12/07/2018 at 08:39, amy6152 said:

12/06/2018 08:49 PM, JulieL123 said:

You look great! Wish I had such a good before shot. I knew it at the time, too, but the idea of getting in front of that camera in all my glory held me back, LOL. My bariatric program warns us off all pre-made food, anything you don't prepare yourself. Surprised to see quite a few people on here doing them, but I'm clueless--maybe they're super healthy. Of course, I'm living in boring, repetitive food world. Lots of yogurt and cottage cheese, chicken and reduced fat cheese. They're not even letting me eat beef yet, though I know I'll get cleared for that phase on Monday at my nutrition appointment. And there may have been a cookie incident last night I'm considering posting about, so there's that. Anyway, don't let the stall demotivate you!! It will happen to us all at some point. One of the best things about a group like this. :)

Thank you! And thank you for sharing your cookie incident, I do think I need to prepare my own food and keep it simple as your team recommends. The other is what got me overweight and it’s just too easy to slip back. There are healthy premade options but it’s a slippery slope for me because then I want Chipotle and then I want take-out. I’ve also started working back with my personal trainer 3 days a week so that could be part of this stall too. I think that is making me hungrier too.

Had my 6 week follow-up today. God appointments with the nurse practitioner and fine with the NUT. Both said I was doing great and right on track (and I’m finally “just” run of the mill obese, not morbidly obese!).

Unfortunately, I find the NUT to be less than helpful. My old NUT would help me find good recipes, etc. This one just points to the list of Proteins in the notebook and doesn’t really give a lot of guidance. Luckily, I have always cooked a lot and know how to cook healthy foods. She also left me out in the waiting room because she forgot I was there. After about 30mn I finally asked and she seemed flabbergasted, even though they told her I was there when I was done with my appt with the NP. It’s too bad I’m required to see her when I see the doctor.

Had my 6 week follow-up today. God appointments with the nurse practitioner and fine with the NUT. Both said I was doing great and right on track (and I’m finally “just” run of the mill obese, not morbidly obese!).

Unfortunately, I find the NUT to be less than helpful. My old NUT would help me find good recipes, etc. This one just points to the list of Proteins in the notebook and doesn’t really give a lot of guidance. Luckily, I have always cooked a lot and know how to cook healthy foods. She also left me out in the waiting room because she forgot I was there. After about 30mn I finally asked and she seemed flabbergasted, even though they told her I was there when I was done with my appt with the NP. It’s too bad I’m required to see her when I see the doctor.
Congrats on being "just obese"! Sounds silly but its definitely an accomplishment to move over that line. Here's to being "just" overweight next!
I'm sorry your NUT is incompetent. Have you tried asking her about recipes and what not? I find my NUT to be pretty useless also. She just goes over what is written in the packet that my office gave us. I've actually been to 4 nutritionist at different points in my life and have never found any of them to be all that helpful.

1 minute ago, Oct517 said:

Congrats on being "just obese"! Sounds silly but its definitely an accomplishment to move over that line. Here's to being "just" overweight next!
I'm sorry your NUT is incompetent. Have you tried asking her about recipes and what not? I find my NUT to be pretty useless also. She just goes over what is written in the packet that my office gave us. I've actually been to 4 nutritionist at different points in my life and have never found any of them to be all that helpful.

Thanks! I am actually super excited. And the NP said that given my progress so far, I may be able to lose more than I'd initially thought, so that's encouraging.

As for the NUT, I have asked her for recipes. She sends me to the internet. she's also the one that runs the support group - where she basically lets people yell over each other to be heard.

Before I did this, i went to a local integrated weight loss practice - they have endocrinologists, nutritionists, psychologists, and exercise folks on staff (well, I still see my therapist there and go to one of the groups). Lots of great groups for different issues. The nutritionist there was awesome. We'd chat, and she'd pull up a bunch of different recipes for me to try. And was good at helping me plan for tough situations (like next week I'm at training all day for 3 days, so no access to the kitchen at work). Current NUT just pointed to the Protein list and said some of these don't need to be heated. Former NUT would have helped me brainstorm meal ideas. Oh well. Just one more thing I need to do for the program.

At least my therapist is starting a bariatric support group that meets twice a week starting in January, so looking forward to that

General question for the group did anyone have heartburn and a hiatal hernia before surgery? Did you dr fix it during and did it resolve your heartburn after? I am scheduled for 12/21 and just nervous that I will have the heartburn worse after surgery. I love reading all of your stories it sounds like everyone is doing great!

6 minutes ago, Linda86 said:

General question for the group did anyone have heartburn and a hiatal hernia before surgery? Did you dr fix it during and did it resolve your heartburn after? I am scheduled for 12/21 and just nervous that I will have the heartburn worse after surgery. I love reading all of your stories it sounds like everyone is doing great!

Hi Linda. I had both. I’m not taking Prilosec anymore but my doctor’s had me on pantoprazole since the surgery and for three months after. I don’t have any heartburn but I can’t say if it’s because of the medication or not. I can eat spicy foods without any problem. I can tell you I had no pain after the surgery, but everyone is different.

Good luck!

Hi yes I had hienal hernia my Dr fix it during surgery and I had acid reflux before surgery. I'm still taking omeprazole for another month I haven't had any problems so far I am curious about after this month if it'll work with me not taking them anymore.

On 12/08/2018 at 08:17, Linda86 said:

Hi Linda! I had occasional acid reflux before surgery and *knock on wood* haven’t had ANY since. Surgery was 10/1 :)

1 hour ago, Yvonne47 said:

Hi yes I had hienal hernia my Dr fix it during surgery and I had acid reflux before surgery. I'm still taking omeprazole for another month I haven't had any problems so far I am curious about after this month if it'll work with me not taking them anymore.

Hi there, I had awful daily heartburn and had hiatal hernia repair during my surgery. I have not had heartburn ever since my surgery and my issue appear completely resolved. I have been taking daily protinix since my surgery on 10/15.

3 hours ago, Linda86 said:

I had reflux and a hernia before surgery. I met with three surgeons at different practices to get multiple opinions. One wouldn't do a sleeve on anyone with reflux. The other two had some tests done (EGD, monomotry, and Ph testing) and determined that sleeve would be OK. I just had my 6 week check up. I'm still on nexium 2x/day. I'm able to eat spicy food and haven't had any incidents of reflux so far. Doctor said that I should stay on my PPIs until my 3 month visit and then we can see. But so far, so good. I hope I made the right choice and the reflux stays away

Good morning everyone!

Have any of you tried the Snacks from the BariatricPal Store?