Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

Almost everything I have got from there is Good Good Good. Why enrich Amazon, Wal-Mart.com and the others overstuffed pockets when Alex's Store at Bariatric Pal has good-tasting stuff. My Bari-bud Ellie123 liked the Snacks she purchased THERE!

Yes I have some of them are good and some aren't the Eat Me Guilt Free brownies are okay I just wish they had at least 1gram of sugar but they are moist. Some of the chips are good some were horrible its just like taste testing. I would advice you only order one of what you want to see if you like it then if so you can order it in a bundle.

5 minutes ago, Yvonne47 said:

Yes I have some of them are good and some aren't the Eat Me Guilt Free brownies are okay I just wish they had at least 1gram of sugar but they are moist. Some of the chips are good some were horrible its just like taste testing. I would advice you only order one of what you want to see if you like it then if so you can order it in a bundle.

Thanks! I'll get like one of each and hope for the best haha...I'm not into sweets but love crunchy salty stuff or sweet and salty will look for that.

20 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Almost everything I have got from there is Good Good Good. Why enrich Amazon, Wal-Mart.com and the others overstuffed pockets when Alex's Store at Bariatric Pal has good-tasting stuff. My Bari-bud Ellie123 liked the Snacks she purchased THERE!

Thanks. I am look just for the Snacks since the food I make from scratch in batches on Sunday for the whole week. I do try to stay on cottage cheese and such for snacks but miss the crunchy stuff.

Another question...How are you guys faring with caffeine (coffee or tea) and wine? I haven't had wine or any alcohol after surgery but did have some caffeine and wonder if that sets us back or something else...

Another question...How are you guys faring with caffeine (coffee or tea) and wine? I haven't had wine or any alcohol after surgery but did have some caffeine and wonder if that sets us back or something else...
My surgery was on 10/17, and I've been having hard alcohol and wine in moderation and it hasn't effected my loss. I make sure I put the calories in MFP and just adjust things if I drink. I also keep it very light, never more then 2 shots worth of alcohol at a time (per day) ever. But that is just me

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have been having a terrible time with caffeine. If I drink it it makes me really constipated. My doc said however much coffee I drink it negates the same amount of Water drank. So getting enough water per day is already hard and then having to drink even more to make up for the coffee is almost impossible.

2 hours ago, Nick11 said:

I have been having a terrible time with caffeine. If I drink it it makes me really constipated. My doc said however much coffee I drink it negates the same amount of Water drank. So getting enough Water per day is already hard and then having to drink even more to make up for the coffee is almost impossible.

I drink crystal light, if you like that, or I put cucumber in my water. Makes it a lot easier to drink it!

Friday I was cleared for all exercise. Super excited. I have a training session today and Pilates next Sunday! Yay! I was also able to put on a pair of pants today that didn't fit last year. Finally some downward movement in my waist size!

Also, a question - any late October sleevers (I was 10/29) tried some of the harder raw veggies yet? I am craving carrots (they've always been one of my favorite foods), but I'm a bit scared of trying them.

3 hours ago, Freiabr said:

Good morning everyone!

Have any of you tried the Snacks from the BariatricPal Store?

I've tried tons of stuff from the store. A lot of it is hit or miss. Some stuff I love and other things have been just sitting in my cabinets. What are you looking at specifically?

Friday I was cleared for all exercise. Super excited. I have a training session today and Pilates next Sunday! Yay! I was also able to put on a pair of pants today that didn't fit last year. Finally some downward movement in my waist size!
Also, a question - any late October sleevers (I was 10/29) tried some of the harder raw veggies yet? I am craving carrots (they've always been one of my favorite foods), but I'm a bit scared of trying them.
I was sleeved 10/22 and have not had anything raw yet. Cooked, yes. And not mushy. Firm but cooked carrots and broccoli were fine I just had to chew them a lot lot.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, aussiemomdinoaunt said:

My surgery was on 10/17, and I've been having hard alcohol and wine in moderation and it hasn't effected my loss. I make sure I put the calories in MFP and just adjust things if I drink. I also keep it very light, never more then 2 shots worth of alcohol at a time (per day) ever. But that is just me

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Your'e putting yourself in great risk by having alcohol so soon after surgery. Most docs recommend to wait at least 6 months. Your stomach is still healing and alcohol is very acidic and can mess with the healing process. You're also at a high risk of developing a dependency issue. Having two shots a day when you're probably only bringing in about 1000 calories a day isn't "light". You're definitely fooling yourself if you think that alcohol isn't having some negative impact on your weight loss!

2 hours ago, Nick11 said:

I have been having a terrible time with caffeine. If I drink it it makes me really constipated. My doc said however much coffee I drink it negates the same amount of Water drank. So getting enough Water per day is already hard and then having to drink even more to make up for the coffee is almost impossible.

I am having the same experience. I love coffee but it has been making me constipated since I have had surgery, which is a bummer because it used to cause me diarrhea. My NUT also said that i need to be have an additional 16 oz of water for every 8oz of coffee I drink on top of my required 64 oz. I barely make it to 64oz a day so any additional drinking is out of the question. I just miss my coffee! lol

11 minutes ago, notmyname said:

Congrats on moving down in waist size!

4 hours ago, Freiabr said:

I had a REALLY hard time giving up coffee before my surgery. I didn't get headaches, I just felt fuzzy all day. After I went back to work I started taking a mint with the caffeine of half a cup of coffee every morning. Lately I am having a very small cup of coffee at Breakfast (3-4 oz.) It makes me LESS constipated and happier.