Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers



Recommended Posts

Well I did once lose that much in one day, but I had to deliver a 9.5 pound baby boy👶 to do it, Praise God 👸I'm not doing THAT no more.😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 9:11 AM, JessaK said:

I’m officially at the 6 week mark today. I have lost 33 lbs & 18.25% of my excess body weight.

I feel good about the progress. I’m happy about it but it’s hard to be overjoyed. I lost 100+ lbs with the band and I remember feeling so good and being so ecstatic about every goal. I maintained that weight loss for a long time but gained it back in the last year when my band had to be removed.

It’s an odd feeling because this larger body doesn’t even seem like mine. I think that’s the opposite feeling that a lot of wls paitents feel. Usually it takes a while to accept the new smaller body.

I’m not beating myself up or thinking negative thoughts. It’s just so different from my last wls journey, ya know?

My journey is exactly like yours so far! Be happy, I think it's going great and we will be very happy. Just give it a little time:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aussiemomdinoaunt said:

I broke my stall by breaking the "rules." I stopped drinking my Protein Shakes for a week and my stall broke and the weight started falling off again. Don't be disheartened, you're doing great and it'll happen for you. I can't wait to see your victories and milestones! 

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Just be careful. They make us consume so much Protein because bariatric surgery patients become protein deficient if we don't, especially in the rapid weight loss phase. Ditto on Vitamins and minerals, especially Calcium. I was reading about this in journal articles on Pubmed. Pissed me off a little that the nutritionist never explained WHY. Here I was thinking it was like an Atkins thing, when really far more important than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 7 weeks post-op today and have lost 39.4 pounds since the pre-op diet (29.4 since surgery) for a total of 31.5% of my excess weight lost.

I have already had a couple stalls, which are so frustrating, but I'm trying to be patient.

MY CLOTHES ARE HUGE! My body is definitely changing and I've dropped from 26 pants to 22, but haven't bought anything new yet- the fit is still weird with my giant stomach and toothpick legs (I'm built like Mr. Potato Head!). So everything is being held up by a belt these days.

37F

5'5"

SW:275

Surgery day: 265

CW: 235.6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KT1981 said:

I'm 7 weeks post-op today and have lost 39.4 pounds since the pre-op diet (29.4 since surgery) for a total of 31.5% of my excess weight lost.

I have already had a couple stalls, which are so frustrating, but I'm trying to be patient.

MY CLOTHES ARE HUGE! My body is definitely changing and I've dropped from 26 pants to 22, but haven't bought anything new yet- the fit is still weird with my giant stomach and toothpick legs (I'm built like Mr. Potato Head!). So everything is being held up by a belt these days.

WOw - this is great - congrats! I've lost 37 since pre-op (45 total) and my clothes basically fit the same! Mainly because I'm losing from my bust and legs. I'm sure my hips/waist will eventually follow suit, but for now everything still fits, just looks too big in the legs. It is kind of comic. And I have clothes in smaller sizes from when I gained, so its not even like I'd need to buy new ones!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, KT1981 said:

I'm 7 weeks post-op today and have lost 39.4 pounds since the pre-op diet (29.4 since surgery) for a total of 31.5% of my excess weight lost.

I have already had a couple stalls, which are so frustrating, but I'm trying to be patient.

MY CLOTHES ARE HUGE! My body is definitely changing and I've dropped from 26 pants to 22, but haven't bought anything new yet- the fit is still weird with my giant stomach and toothpick legs (I'm built like Mr. Potato Head!). So everything is being held up by a belt these days.

37F

5'5"

SW:275

Surgery day: 265

CW: 235.6

Congratulations you are doing great! Tomorrow starts my 6th week and i have lost 28 lbs total. I had a stall that lasted almost 3 weeks and the scale is finally moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone! I had my sleeve performed on 10/23 and as of 12/3 I am down 44 lbs. Took me awhile to finally decide to do it. I had lost 60 lbs. 5 years ago on my own, but gained it all back plus some. I was not big growing up and I just didn't recognize myself anymore. So glad I did it. I feel so much better already. My wife had the gastric bypass 10 years ago and a really good friend of mine had the sleeve in June which is great because I ask a lot of "Is this normal?!" questions. LOL! Anyway, thought I would pop in and say hi. This is my 1st post here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ratboy3124 said:

Hello everyone! I had my sleeve performed on 10/23 and as of 12/3 I am down 44 lbs. Took me awhile to finally decide to do it. I had lost 60 lbs. 5 years ago on my own, but gained it all back plus some. I was not big growing up and I just didn't recognize myself anymore. So glad I did it. I feel so much better already. My wife had the gastric bypass 10 years ago and a really good friend of mine had the sleeve in June which is great because I ask a lot of "Is this normal?!" questions. LOL! Anyway, thought I would pop in and say hi. This is my 1st post here.

Welcome. Much like you, I lost 80 lbs (on Phentermine) six years ago and slowly gained it back. I decided to bring out the heavy artillery this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ratboy3124 said:

Hello everyone! I had my sleeve performed on 10/23 and as of 12/3 I am down 44 lbs. Took me awhile to finally decide to do it. I had lost 60 lbs. 5 years ago on my own, but gained it all back plus some. I was not big growing up and I just didn't recognize myself anymore. So glad I did it. I feel so much better already. My wife had the gastric bypass 10 years ago and a really good friend of mine had the sleeve in June which is great because I ask a lot of "Is this normal?!" questions. LOL! Anyway, thought I would pop in and say hi. This is my 1st post here.

Welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello everyone! I had my sleeve performed on 10/23 and as of 12/3 I am down 44 lbs. Took me awhile to finally decide to do it. I had lost 60 lbs. 5 years ago on my own, but gained it all back plus some. I was not big growing up and I just didn't recognize myself anymore. So glad I did it. I feel so much better already. My wife had the gastric bypass 10 years ago and a really good friend of mine had the sleeve in June which is great because I ask a lot of "Is this normal?!" questions. LOL! Anyway, thought I would pop in and say hi. This is my 1st post here.
Sounds like you are working the program and doing well! I had mine the day before yours. So I'm six weeks out and down 19.6 so far, I was 243 at surgery though so I'm not dissatisfied with the progress. Glad you said hi! This forum has been invaluable to me!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi everyone! I’m 9 weeks out and having what I think is my first stall or my weight-loss is slowing down. I think it’s time for me to start weighing once a week and tighten my food. I have done great with my weightloss but it is STILL scary and hard for the mind to not worry. I’m down 44lbs (including my week preop liquid diet). My bachelorette party was last weekend and I did drink wine, which might be part of the issue right now. I am struggling at nighttime and keep wanting to snack after dinner! I am also struggling with not wanting to cook. It seems like some days the sleeve works better than others. Is anyone experiencing this? Maybe the wine through my ketosis off? I was having a rough day and these progress pictures helped my mood a little! Sorry for the negative post, trying not to talk about this 24/7 with my fiancé or friends/fam. Would love to see others progress pictures!!

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi everyone! I’m 9 weeks out and having what I think is my first stall or my weight-loss is slowing down. I think it’s time for me to start weighing once a week and tighten my food. I have done great with my weightloss but it is STILL scary and hard for the mind to not worry. I’m down 44lbs (including my week preop liquid diet). My bachelorette party was last weekend and I did drink wine, which might be part of the issue right now. I am struggling at nighttime and keep wanting to snack after dinner! I am also struggling with not wanting to cook. It seems like some days the sleeve works better than others. Is anyone experiencing this? Maybe the wine through my ketosis off? I was having a rough day and these progress pictures helped my mood a little! Sorry for the negative post, trying not to talk about this 24/7 with my fiancé or friends/fam. Would love to see others progress pictures!! image-0.00202655792236328.thumb.jpg.36142cb60b722c93941ac2a695e37aac.jpg
image-0.00202655792236328.thumb.jpg.98575817d57e6d9b86b0f782f8a961df.jpg
You look amazing. 44 is great! Keep with the program, the stall will break. Do what you said...tighten the food and stick to what you're supposed to do and have. Measure everything. I hate stalls. Had mine three weeks in. First of several I'm sure. We are all here in the same boat at different times! [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was sleeved 10/2 and I'm feeling pretty good! Went from 228 the day of surgery to 192 (today). I'm happy with my progress. I've been meeting with a personal trainer once a week and have been trying to go to the gym to do cardio every other day (I usually go every 3 days, I need to be better about it) my biggest accomplishment so far has been being able to go out to social gatherings, parties and other food oriented places and not eating anything there! I honestly dont really even have cravings when I'm out anymore. That was my biggest downfall pre surgery. I have never been the type to keep food at home but I always gorged myself when out somewhere. So now that I am not eating while out, I just eat my healthy food at home. I admit though that my home menu is not that extensive. I was cooking every night for awhile but it got overwhelming fast. As someone who lives alone, it doesn't make sense to be cooking every night.
Next hurdle will be winter break where my whole schedule is messed up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2018 at 20:55, Oct517 said:

Was sleeved 10/2 and I'm feeling pretty good! Went from 228 the day of surgery to 192 (today). I'm happy with my progress. I've been meeting with a personal trainer once a week and have been trying to go to the gym to do cardio every other day (I usually go every 3 days, I need to be better about it) my biggest accomplishment so far has been being able to go out to social gatherings, parties and other food oriented places and not eating anything there! I honestly dont really even have cravings when I'm out anymore. That was my biggest downfall pre surgery. I have never been the type to keep food at home but I always gorged myself when out somewhere. So now that I am not eating while out, I just eat my healthy food at home. I admit though that my home menu is not that extensive. I was cooking every night for awhile but it got overwhelming fast. As someone who lives alone, it doesn't make sense to be cooking every night.
Next hurdle will be winter break where my whole schedule is messed up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Are you buying pre-made meals? I’m kind of in the same boat bc my fiancé travels a lot. I’ve done some snap kitchen meals. Not sure if you have in your area. I’m starting to want more flavor and need to get more creative. For a while I was just happy to be eating food again and that has worn off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2018 at 20:55, Oct517 said:

Was sleeved 10/2 and I'm feeling pretty good! Went from 228 the day of surgery to 192 (today). I'm happy with my progress. I've been meeting with a personal trainer once a week and have been trying to go to the gym to do cardio every other day (I usually go every 3 days, I need to be better about it) my biggest accomplishment so far has been being able to go out to social gatherings, parties and other food oriented places and not eating anything there! I honestly dont really even have cravings when I'm out anymore. That was my biggest downfall pre surgery. I have never been the type to keep food at home but I always gorged myself when out somewhere. So now that I am not eating while out, I just eat my healthy food at home. I admit though that my home menu is not that extensive. I was cooking every night for awhile but it got overwhelming fast. As someone who lives alone, it doesn't make sense to be cooking every night.
Next hurdle will be winter break where my whole schedule is messed up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

You are doing so amazing by the way! I started at 308 so much more weight to loose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×