Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

29 minutes ago, JennieJuniper said:

@georgetown My surgeon did NOT!! I was very angry when my psychiatrist said that was why I was sooo depressed. We changed some things around so I take meds twice a day instead of all at once and I feel a lot better.

Thanks for the info. Good to know!

On 11/29/2018 at 20:31, JennieJuniper said:

I felt the same way. I was sleeved Oct 1 and feel so much better now, but the first month was the worst.

Side note, if you or any of you take extended release anti depressants or anxiety etc meds, they will not absorb properly after surgery. Found that out the hard way!! Went through surgery and all that comes with it plus withdrawals from meds. It sucked.

Hang in there Ellen, I promise it gets better!!
I had no idea about this! Thanks for mentioning it - I’ll have to check with my doctor!!

Good morning 🌞

Finally, after 2 weeks on a stall I’ve lost 2 lbs 🙌
I noticed I was eating too fast and decided to slow down, chewing properly and cut my calories intake by 100. Now I have 600-700 instead of the 700-800 I used to and I these 100 I cut was just carbs (potatoes and other starchy vegetables).
That did the trick. Now I have 2 weeks till my 6-week post-op and hopefully will lose some more by then.

Have a great day y’all

12 minutes ago, CyndieRI said:
12 hours ago, JennieJuniper said:

I felt the same way. I was sleeved Oct 1 and feel so much better now, but the first month was the worst.

Side note, if you or any of you take extended release anti depressants or anxiety etc meds, they will not absorb properly after surgery. Found that out the hard way!! Went through surgery and all that comes with it plus withdrawals from meds. It sucked.

Hang in there Ellen, I promise it gets better!!

I had no idea about this! Thanks for mentioning it - I’ll have to check with my doctor!!

Thank you for the encouraging words ...

I need to look into i do t even know what it is

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

It is a stomach bug. Very common this time of year but it causes nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. The problem with getting it after this surgery.... it is almost impossible for us to be able to rehydrate with a trip to the ED. We can't chug fluids, and we shouldn't be throwing up if at all possible. So I went from hitting my Water and Protein goals to not eating or drinking anything for the past 3 days. It also tanked my sodium and potassium. Apparently being sick isn't what it use to be lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Went for my 1 month post surgery visit down a total of 20lbs that includes a stall of almost 2 weeks of not losing a pound, at first I was hungry, but for the last week I have been nauseous and getting very little of anything in. Maybe 32oz of fluids about 30-40grams of Protein. And only time I go (BM) is when have a dumping effect but not putting much in. I have absolutely no appetite so putting something in my mouth is a real struggle, My Doctor told me to go back to 2 Protein Shakes day to get at least 60g and increase my calories to 1000-1100 a day Now that’s the first I’ve been told to eat more. Is anyone else having a struggle with the thought of eating making the nauseated?

16 hours ago, reandrar1 said:

Went for my 1 month post surgery visit down a total of 20lbs that includes a stall of almost 2 weeks of not losing a pound, at first I was hungry, but for the last week I have been nauseous and getting very little of anything in. Maybe 32oz of fluids about 30-40grams of Protein. And only time I go (BM) is when have a dumping effect but not putting much in. I have absolutely no appetite so putting something in my mouth is a real struggle, My Doctor told me to go back to 2 Protein Shakes day to get at least 60g and increase my calories to 1000-1100 a day Now that’s the first I’ve been told to eat more. Is anyone else having a struggle with the thought of eating making the nauseated?

I’m just not real hungry some says. I also had the long stall and had an issue with BMs. I have to work on getting 80+ oz of Water a day and that made everything so much better. My stall broke & I felt so much better.

I had my 6 week checkup yesterday a few days ahead of my actual 6 week mark. Everything seemed good. 32 lbs lost at 17.8%. Doc did say that he wanted me to loose at least 30 more in the next 6 weeks when I see him again. 5 lbs a week seems so daunting right now because I keep stalling.

28 minutes ago, JessaK said:

I had my 6 week checkup yesterday a few days ahead of my actual 6 week mark. Everything seemed good. 32 lbs lost at 17.8%. Doc did say that he wanted me to loose at least 30 more in the next 6 weeks when I see him again. 5 lbs a week seems so daunting right now because I keep stalling.

Just do your best. You're doing this for you, not your doctor.

40 minutes ago, JessaK said:

This would make me angry if my doctor said this to me. Tell me to follow the diet. Tell me to exercise. But don't give me a number. That's out of my control and will only stress me out. Eat what you're supposed to eat and kiss of the rest. Just my two cents, LOL.

12/01/2018 03:28 PM, JessaK said:

I wouldn’t follow what he gave you for a number. I would follow the nutritionist diet.. I saw my surgeon on the 13th of November and I had surgery on the 24th of October (just shy of 3 weeks apart he told me that he was surprised I had only lost 10 pounds and should have at least hit 25-30 lbs since surgery (in 3weeks??) that’s crazy.

I brought this up at my follow up appointments with my nutritionist which was November 22nd and she raised her eyebrows and said he’s nuts and you’re losing weight at a good rate of 2lbs a week. She said ignore him and follow the diet.

I felt like failure when I saw him and I thought about sabotaging myself because of it! I really had to mentally push myself pass what he had said and redirect my focus on healthier thoughts so I increased walking and added 3lb weights to my workouts. My surgery weight was 242.2 and today I’m 225.6

I’m happy with my progress.. pay no mind to that Drs stupid comments I think he’s an idiot for saying what he said. You’re doing great and doing what you can .. stick to your nutritionist diet

I wouldn’t follow what he gave you for a number. I would follow the nutritionist diet.. I saw my surgeon on the 13th of November and I had surgery on the 24th of October (just shy of 3 weeks apart he told me that he was surprised I had only lost 10 pounds and should have at least hit 25-30 lbs since surgery (in 3weeks??) that’s crazy.

I brought this up at my follow up appointments with my nutritionist which was November 22nd and she raised her eyebrows and said he’s nuts and you’re losing weight at a good rate of 2lbs a week. She said ignore him and follow the diet.

I felt like failure when I saw him and I thought about sabotaging myself because of it! I really had to mentally push myself pass what he had said and redirect my focus on healthier thoughts so I increased walking and added 3lb weights to my workouts. My surgery weight was 242.2 and today I’m 225.6

I’m happy with my progress.. pay no mind to that Drs stupid comments I think he’s an idiot for saying what he said. You’re doing great and doing what you can .. stick to your nutritionist diet

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. LIKE, REALLY?? Only I didn't see the nutritionist, I had to feel bad all day and only found peace and better info on here with all of you guys. I felt like a total failure. Hang in there!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

@amy6152 @GirlShrinking @Hrsnjs Thank you all for your support. I know it came from the very best place.

I don’t think I communicated myself properly. My surgeon was in no way being mean, rude, or demeaning. He told me I was ahead of schedule and told me what we should expect out of my tool by the next appointment. I believe the point of having a weight loss goal for the next appointment is so we both have a benchmark to measure that periods success against. I Met and exceeded my weight loss the first 6 weeks. If I don’t come close then that might indicate that I’m developing some self destructive habits again. He doesn’t want that and I certainly don’t.

My Surgeon is part of a private hospital that only does Bariatric surgery. That means the nutritionist work closely with the surgeon. They are both contributors to an overall weigh loss program. In my experience, they are both on the same page.

While 5 lbs a week is daunting, if that’s what my tool is capable of, I want to meet that goal. If I don’t, I won’t beat myself up but I will be forced to be very honest with myself and reflect on the things that were within in my control.

I appreciate the target that he set even though it’s daunting. I’m confident that he will not shame me if I don’t meet it, he will only brainstorm how to course correct. I’m a revision from a band and although he was not my original surgeon, he was in charge of my fills and maintenance the last 4 years. Under his guidance, I lost 110 lbs before my band failed.

It’s really hard to talk about weight when you have spent your whole life overweight. I didn’t handle my banding like I should have in the beginning. I told myself I was doing everything right but I was lying to myself and others. I was seeking out slider foods more and more until my weight stalled completely. Then I was ashamed that I wasn’t loosing so I didn’t go back for follow up appointments. It took several years for me to go back and be real with myself and my doctor. I ended up gaining a lot of my weight back when I had my band removed because I thought I could battle my disease without a tool & the help of my weight loss team.

[mention=329750]amy6152[/mention] [mention=336109]GirlShrinking[/mention] [mention=345410]Hrsnjs[/mention] Thank you all for your support. I know it came from the very best place.
I don’t think I communicated myself properly. My surgeon was in no way being mean, rude, or demeaning. He told me I was ahead of schedule and told me what we should expect out of my tool by the next appointment. I believe the point of having a weight loss goal for the next appointment is so we both have a benchmark to measure that periods success against. I Met and exceeded my weight loss the first 6 weeks. If I don’t come close then that might indicate that I’m developing some self destructive habits again. He doesn’t want that and I certainly don’t.
My Surgeon is part of a private hospital that only does Bariatric surgery. That means the nutritionist work closely with the surgeon. They are both contributors to an overall weigh loss program. In my experience, they are both on the same page.
While 5 lbs a week is daunting, if that’s what my tool is capable of, I want to meet that goal. If I don’t, I won’t beat myself up but I will be forced to be very honest with myself and reflect on the things that were within in my control.
I appreciate the target that he set even though it’s daunting. I’m confident that he will not shame me if I don’t meet it, he will only brainstorm how to course correct. I’m a revision from a band and although he was not my original surgeon, he was in charge of my fills and maintenance the last 4 years. Under his guidance, I lost 110 lbs before my band failed.
It’s really hard to talk about weight when you have spent your whole life overweight. I didn’t handle my banding like I should have in the beginning. I told myself I was doing everything right but I was lying to myself and others. I was seeking out slider foods more and more until my weight stalled completely. Then I was ashamed that I wasn’t loosing so I didn’t go back for follow up appointments. It took several years for me to go back and be real with myself and my doctor. I ended up gaining a lot of my weight back when I had my band removed because I thought I could battle my disease without a tool & the help of my weight loss team.

Good, I'm glad this was a good thing for you and not negative! Let us know how it goes...I'm rooting for you! [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi all! I just wanted to share this huge accomplishment! I am almost 7 weeks post op and down 31 pounds! Which means I finally hit ONEderland! I was hoping to get there by the end of the year thanks to my last stall. But O started IF of 16:8 and the stall broke! The weight just fell off like crazy... thank goodness! Let me tell you, between hitting this huge goal (for me), and finishing my Christmas shopping, I'm really in the spirit and looking forward to a great Christmas! 20181203_091905.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app