Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

On 12/17/2018 at 19:18, JessaK said:

In my experience, it took the most to go from size 16 to 14....about 70 lbs. after size 12, the sizes drop faster.

That is what I was afraid to hear.. a 14w seems a lot bigger than a 14r.. can’t wait to never step foot in the Nordstrom woman’s department, Lane Bryant, or Torrid!

1 hour ago, JulieL123 said:

That is what I was afraid to hear.. a 14w seems a lot bigger than a 14r.. can’t wait to never step foot in the Nordstrom woman’s department, Lane Bryant, or Torrid!

I seem to remember from last time I was in straight sizes, they go up to at least a 16 if not an 18 in some lines. So you could be out of the plus department sooner than you think!

Hi all. So throwing some question out there... anyone have serious issues with their taste buds changing? Or issues with onions? I have made a few dishes I LOVED before surgery... and they just taste... wrong. Anything that has onion in it fills me up after a two or three bites if I'm lucky. I have celiac, so I just omit any bread products. For example: today I made philly cheesesteak sloppy Joe's for my family, just meat, onions, cheese, bell peppers, and seasoning. I portioned myself out 1/4 a cup and couldn't eat more than 3 small bites! Less than a third of that tiny portion because to me it tasted horrible and filled me up! My family inhaled it so I assume it tasted okay for them. But this isn't the first time either, a few other recipes I use to love, like bbq meatloaf, just taste wrong! I think a huge part is the onions, they expand my stomach and fill my tiny tummy. Am I crazy? Am I alone? I do so well calculating out all the calories, adding up my macros, and portioning out the servings. I then split my serving into 3 or 4 "tiny tummy" meals... but when I can't even eat it, it's kind of depressing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

My taste buds have changed too, it’s not just you!! Meanwhile, some negative people in my life make fun of me and call me weird.. they didn’t operate on your tongue! It’s very annoying.

23 minutes ago, aussiemomdinoaunt said:

Hi all. So throwing some question out there... anyone have serious issues with their taste buds changing? Or issues with onions? I have made a few dishes I LOVED before surgery... and they just taste... wrong. Anything that has onion in it fills me up after a two or three bites if I'm lucky. I have celiac, so I just omit any bread products. For example: today I made philly cheesesteak sloppy Joe's for my family, just meat, onions, cheese, bell peppers, and seasoning. I portioned myself out 1/4 a cup and couldn't eat more than 3 small bites! Less than a third of that tiny portion because to me it tasted horrible and filled me up! My family inhaled it so I assume it tasted okay for them. But this isn't the first time either, a few other recipes I use to love, like bbq meatloaf, just taste wrong! I think a huge part is the onions, they expand my stomach and fill my tiny tummy. Am I crazy? Am I alone? I do so well calculating out all the calories, adding up my macros, and portioning out the servings. I then split my serving into 3 or 4 "tiny tummy" meals... but when I can't even eat it, it's kind of depressing.

My nutritionist asked at my six week appt if this happened to me, which it has not. She said it's very common!

2 hours ago, JulieL123 said:
19 hours ago, JessaK said:

In my experience, it took the most to go from size 16 to 14....about 70 lbs. after size 12, the sizes drop faster.

When I was a 16 I could shop on almost every mainstream store. I was an XL top.

4 hours ago, aussiemomdinoaunt said:

... anyone have serious issues with their taste buds changing

My taste buds have changed when it comes to sweets. I used to love sweet things, not anymore. I dont even put sweetener in my coffee anymore. If I had to lose the taste for something, I am glad this was it.

I made some raspberry macarons for my office holiday party on Wednesday and have NO desire to taste one. Yay. Now I just need to figure out why they turned out purple instead of pink (unfortunately, I realized far too late in the process that I didn't have any food coloring). Hmm - not super Christmasy. I may need to take one to a taster to make sure it doesn't taste bad.

14 hours ago, aussiemomdinoaunt said:

Hi there, yes mine did and still are all messed up, I read somewhere that this is what happens when taste buds haven't caught up with the rest of you when you have surgery. I can make the same things I used to make for my family and to me it is just awful =( and for them its business as usual. I also read that taste does come back later on, Im thinking it will happen with my cravings too, which I dont miss at all!

On 12/19/2018 at 2:28 AM ,notmyname said:

I made some raspberry macarons for my office holiday party on Wednesday and have NO desire to taste one. Yay. Now I just need to figure out why they turned out purple instead of pink (unfortunately, I realized far too late in the process that I didn't have any food coloring). Hmm - not super Christmasy. I may need to take one to a taster to make sure it doesn't taste bad.

If somebody asks , tell them Life is a 🌈 rainbow not a monotone. Although I, like you don't crave one, I am sure they are lovely. When you meet your first jokester, and purple macaroons might engender commets, tell them these are black not red raspberry cookies! And Best Wishes to you and all Bari-Pals at this Holiday Season!🎅🎁🎈📦

II am 2.5 months post OP and I have lost 44 lbs! I am half-way to my goal and I can't believe how much this is changing my life. I actually feel cute and think about shopping... I feel like my food addiction might just be replaced by a retail one. lol. I have never felt so hopeful about a new year! Cheers "losers"! Loosing has never felt so good!

#losersbench #shouldhavedonethissooner

Hi there, yes mine did and still are all messed up, I read somewhere that this is what happens when taste buds haven't caught up with the rest of you when you have surgery. I can make the same things I used to make for my family and to me it is just awful =( and for them its business as usual. I also read that taste does come back later on, Im thinking it will happen with my cravings too, which I dont miss at all!
I really only crave salt these days. Which is fine for me because my sodium levels have been either low or borderline low. It just makes me so bloated! I'm glad I'm not the only one who it's happening to!

High Na(Sodium) diets put you at risk for kidney stones. This kind of Pica is also common if your are anemic. How are your Fe(Iron) levels?

I am your twin! Also sleeved on 10/16. Also down 37 lbs and two pant sizes. From 24 to 20. I also had a 2 1/2 to 3 week stall.
How funny! You really are my twin. I hope these stalls aren't going to be frequent--so frustrating!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Anyone out of plus size clothes yet?? I can’t wait for that day!! How far off is 16 w to a 14 regular? Ok wearing an 18 so still a bit to go!
It takes me a really long time to get out of 14/16 or 1X. I wore it at 240, but also remember wearing it at 180. I can squeeze into some 0X dresses and tops at Torrid, but my hips are always larger which makes it hard to get into smaller sizes.

Funny story.... I saw some cute size 14 pants on sale for $7 at a "regular" store so I grabbed them as goal pants a few months ago. Now that I am actually back in a 14, I took them out and they are clearly juniors or little girls... Lol!!! Not even close, they wouldnt go on one leg.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app