Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

Hi guys, I am having terrible Constipation issues and was wondering if any of you have tried something that works.
I have tried aloe, Fiber, Miralax and they work until they didn’t.
It’s been 8 days since I’ve been to the bathroom and my belly is very bloated at this point.
I am considering taking a ducolax but am not sure if it’s a good idea as it might make me dehydrated. Any tips are more than welcome 🙏

36 minutes ago, Freiabr said:

Hi guys, I am having terrible Constipation issues and was wondering if any of you have tried something that works.
I have tried aloe, Fiber, miralax and they work until they didn’t.
It’s been 8 days since I’ve been to the bathroom and my belly is very bloated at this point.
I am considering taking a ducolax but am not sure if it’s a good idea as it might make me dehydrated. Any tips are more than welcome 🙏

I took a couple of dulcolax and they help but now I’ve started eating two prunes a day and that seems to help better! The dulcolax takes some time to work. Good luck! I know it’s so painful!

12 hours ago, Freiabr said:

I have tried aloe, Fiber, miralax and they work until they didn’t.

I learned that I need to have a steady "diet" of colace. At least 2 a day, better if I do 3. I learned this after I got so constipated that I developed a fecal impaction a couple weeks ago. Luckily with lots of Water and extra colace I was able to soften it enough that I was able to pass it on my own. Colace is a stool softener with a VERY mild laxative.

I am officially down more than 45 pounds! As of this morning I'm down 46 pounds- 36 post-surgery (10/17) and 10 on the pre-op diet.

Pre-op diet 10/3: 275

Surgery day 10/17: 265

Today 12/23: 229

I'm so close to 50 pounds down that I can taste it! But I won't because I don't want to ruin my progress. Lol.

This is especially sweet because I didn't make the best choices yesterday, which is rare for me, and I was feeling VERY hungry- almost like a bottomless pit that couldn't be satisfied. I just couldn't get full/satisfied! I ate about 3 times as many calories as I normally do. (Over 1500 calories yesterday as compared to my average of 500-600). It was bizarre and a little scary. Upping the Water intake today and going to watch myself closely.

79 pounds to goal weight! It's starting to feel attainable!!

1 hour ago, KT1981 said:

I learned that I need to have a steady "diet" of colace. At least 2 a day, better if I do 3. I learned this after I got so constipated that I developed a fecal impaction a couple weeks ago. Luckily with lots of Water and extra colace I was able to soften it enough that I was able to pass it on my own. Colace is a stool softener with a VERY mild laxative.

My doc said Milk of Magnesia. Used it twice so far. That's what you get with a close to zero fiber diet.

34 minutes ago, amy6152 said:

My doc said Milk of Magnesia. Used it twice so far. That's what you get with a close to zero Fiber diet.

I've had to do that, too. The colace keeps me from needing to use it, though!

21 hours ago, Freiabr said:

I have tried aloe, Fiber, Miralax and they work until they didn’t.

HI there, I get it every few weeks, so I bought Senokot which is a natural laxative and stool softner, stupid me took the full dose of 2, forgetting that I really should only need 1. Next morning I was fine but stayed close to home lol Not having enough liquid can do it as well as not much Fiber but we will get there in the end. Hope your doing ok now.

I have tried aloe, fiber, miralax and they work until they didn’t.
I am considering taking a ducolax but am not sure if it’s a good idea as it might make me dehydrated. Any tips are more than welcome [emoji120]
I take 2 colace every day. Surgeon suggested it.

On 12/21/2018 at 09:12, JessaK said:

Do you carry your weight in your mid section? I did the first time around before the Tummy Tuck. My skin in my stomach never tightened up like the rest of my body. I had to size around it. That resulted in me not losing pant sizes very fast.

No, I carried it evenly throughout..

On 12/21/2018 at 14:10, notmyname said:

I'm in your shoes too. I've lost 32 since surgery/46 since pre-op diet/54 total. I just this week dropped into one size down (so I can now wear 22w). It was really frustrating. But I took measurements and saw that weight was coming off - just mostly in my hips, legs and arms. So, I figure that at some point my waist has to catch up.

Yea, it’s annoying when trying to buy clothes that fit to your new weight and they don’t fit.

So I’ve just been buying pants with elastic waist until I reach a weight where I’m more evenly fitted throughout.

So, I'm 8 weeks out from surgery and I've lost 34 since surgery/48 since pre-op/55 total. Nearly 27% of EWL since surgery. Lost 8 points on my BMI and am now "only" obese. Wow! I'm super pleased. Sure, I'm still in a @#$@#$@# size 24 jeans (22 in other slacks), but that'll come. I do miss Soups - they used to be my go-to lunch in winter. Now they just fill me up and don't have enough Protein. But, other than that, all is well. I was even able to go out to dinner with a friend the other day. Great conversation and we shared shrimp and asparagus tapas. Just enough food, tasted great, and got my protein in. Excited for what 2019 brings. Merry Christmas to all who Celebrate. Happy Monday to those that don't.

Edited by notmyname

Hi everyone I'm having a sort of problem had my surgery Oct 26th I got into a stall for about 3 weeks in November now I'm back in a stall again for about 2 weeks I'm getting frustrated thinking this is not working for me so far I've lost 28lbs only I feel I should at least be losing 40lbs by now I don't know what's going on and I'm starting to get depressed thinking I'm not gonna lose anymore. Has anyone had this problem or knows someone else that went through this?

20 minutes ago, Yvonne47 said:

Hi everyone I'm having a sort of problem had my surgery Oct 26th I got into a stall for about 3 weeks in November now I'm back in a stall again for about 2 weeks I'm getting frustrated thinking this is not working for me so far I've lost 28lbs only I feel I should at least be losing 40lbs by now I don't know what's going on and I'm starting to get depressed thinking I'm not gonna lose anymore. Has anyone had this problem or knows someone else that went through this?

Search stalls - a lot of people post about them. In some of the success stories they talk about their stalls. I've lost about what you have over the same time with no stalls. It looks to me like you lose a lot, then stall, then lose a lot. I lose a bit each week (don't worry - I know my stalls are coming). But we've ended up in the same place. By my calculations, you're still averaging over 3lbs loss a week since surgery - that is great. More than you could on any conventional weight loss plan. It may be frustrating, but it looks like you're doing great!

My surgery was October 29 and with a two week stall in November, I have only lost 27 lbs since surgery. Like you, I had hoped for better results but please know you are not alone. I just keep telling myself that the slower weight loss will be better for me in the long run. All I can do is just keep pushing forward and hope for the best. (I still have another 81 lbs to lose and often get concerned with time ticking by so quickly, that I may never reach my goal weight. 😕)