Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

I am on a stall too... so I know it’s annoying to go on to scale everyday and not see movement down, but in total I lost 97lbs preop included and I am very proud for me... I don’t think I ever lost so much so fast or kept them off so easily... so think of the positive and the rest will come

21 minutes ago, Yvonne47 said:

Yes I know slow weight loss is better its just I get on the scale and don't see a change from last week its annoying I want to throw the scale out the window LOL

Same! 😂

I'm also a "slow" loser. I had surgery 10/22 and am at 24.6 lost 9 weeks in. I gained my fourth week in. I've lost every other week, but my body does this weird thing where one week I will lose a little, like .6 or 1.4 or something like that and then the next week is 3+ loss. Every other week. Low, high, low, high. Very weird. My body is not consistent and it's frustrating but I need to learn to be ok with the pattern so I don't feel like a failure. Stick to your program as far as Protein amounts, serving sizes and calorie limits if you were given any...it will work! I keep telling myself that. 🥰

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm losing so much more than I did on EVERY OTHER DIET I have tried that it doesn't seem slow to me. I think everyone is doing awesome.

Hi everyone I'm having a sort of problem had my surgery Oct 26th I got into a stall for about 3 weeks in November now I'm back in a stall again for about 2 weeks I'm getting frustrated thinking this is not working for me so far I've lost 28lbs only I feel I should at least be losing 40lbs by now I don't know what's going on and I'm starting to get depressed thinking I'm not gonna lose anymore. Has anyone had this problem or knows someone else that went through this?
Yes! I had surgery 10/29 and I'm so stalled again. I've only lost 24 pounds. Very depressed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have a different point of view about it, had surgery on 10/30 lost 28 lbs since surgery and 38 since preop diet and think it’s the way you look at it: I, for instance, think losing 28lbs in 8 weeks is amazing. I mean, I have never lost this much in less than 2 months!
We tend to anticipate an unbelievably fast weight loss and it’s just not the way it is.
I felt badly about my weight loss when I hit a stall and I decided to make a set of attainable goals for me to reach every month and I’ve been reaching them ever since.
Everyone is different and we all lose at different pace.
We should all be proud of what we’ve accomplished and not let ourselves lose motivation, because we’re going to get there sooner or later.

After losing 37 pounds my first month, I figured it would be smooth sailing to my goal weight of 190 - - lo and behold, my weight loss came to a screeching halt after 5 weeks! I experienced my first stall between weeks 5 and 7; I went from losing 8-9 pounds per week to losing almost nothing! I was a bit dismayed for a few days, then came back to the realization that my body was merely adjusting, and I didn't need to worry so much about it. I'm down 55 pounds in ten+ weeks, which is still quite a feat. I just have to stay the course and remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint!!

Hi everyone I'm having a sort of problem had my surgery Oct 26th I got into a stall for about 3 weeks in November now I'm back in a stall again for about 2 weeks I'm getting frustrated thinking this is not working for me so far I've lost 28lbs only I feel I should at least be losing 40lbs by now I don't know what's going on and I'm starting to get depressed thinking I'm not gonna lose anymore. Has anyone had this problem or knows someone else that went through this?
How many calories are you eating a day? I just broke a 2 week stall by increasing my calories. I was averaging around 800. But with running and being active, my NUT thought I needed to increase my calories. I did, up to around 1,000, and I'm down 4 lbs. Everyone is different, and soon you'll have it melt off again. Don't give up! You're doing great and it'll happen for you! Just don't stress, that can cause your body to hold on even more! You got this!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Would anyone be interested in joining myself and a large community of other weightloss surgery patients in a jump rope challenge starting Jan 1st? it’s free and is being hosted via Instagram..

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

Ps. This is me at my current weight 218

My starting weight was 289.. my surgery weight was 242.3

On 12/23/2018 at 9:07 AM, KT1981 said:

I am officially down more than 45 pounds! As of this morning I'm down 46 pounds- 36 post-surgery (10/17) and 10 on the pre-op diet.

Pre-op diet 10/3: 275

Surgery day 10/17: 265

Today 12/23: 229

I'm so close to 50 pounds down that I can taste it! But I won't because I don't want to ruin my progress. Lol.

This is especially sweet because I didn't make the best choices yesterday, which is rare for me, and I was feeling VERY hungry- almost like a bottomless pit that couldn't be satisfied. I just couldn't get full/satisfied! I ate about 3 times as many calories as I normally do. (Over 1500 calories yesterday as compared to my average of 500-600). It was bizarre and a little scary. Upping the Water intake today and going to watch myself closely.

79 pounds to goal weight! It's starting to feel attainable!!

I kind of did the same thing yesterday: I ate around 1200-1300 calories when my normal intake is closer to 700-800. I got on the scale this morning to assess the damage and...I LOST THREE POUNDS!! I was shocked to say the least, and it's not something I expect to happen every time.

Aside from not eating nearly as much as I did before, one thing I have noticed over the past ten weeks is that I cannot tolerate anything even remotely spicy!! Today I had a meal with some fajita veggies on it for lunch, and my stomach revolted!! Just another lesson learned...

Well that might be encouraging, when I was eating by mouth I averaged 550-700 calories, now I am on TPN of 1430, I should be dropping weight like a son-of-gun. Oh that it turns out to be correct. I am extremely fearful that my "honeymoon period" died a-borning, I am stalled at this weight level forever.💦And all of sorrows of obesity may never depart.😪

Things are getting better. food allergies have been a challenge. Can't tolerate any type of milk Protein or anything with a milky texture. Very sensitive to smells and have some aches and pains. I'm a little worried about some of what I've been feeling. Have several doctor's appointments lined up this week. Hope they can resolve my problem without a hospital stay.

Edited by Ellen_2610

Try my go-to, I use it when all else fails. Wal-Mart Vegan Protein broth, my Nutritionist Roy, yeah a male dietician/nut groans, he would like something with a little higher protein count but for me, it warms up and slides in nicely.