Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I sleep less. Or nap less? I just don't have the patience for it anymore. I end up finding an errand to do or something fiddly to work on after resting for 20 mins. I'd always heard that was the correct amount of time for a power nap, seems that's true.

I used to sleep all the time. It was my favorite thing to do. Sometimes on the weekend I would spend the whole day in bed.
This morning I woke up (without an alarm clock) before dawn and went for a walk. Then I cleaned my car. Then I took my dog out to play ball. I pretty much stay busy all the time. This is so unlike me and I LOVE it!

I used to sleep all the time. It was my favorite thing to do. Sometimes on the weekend I would spend the whole day in bed.
This morning I woke up (without an alarm clock) before dawn and went for a walk. Then I cleaned my car. Then I took my dog out to play ball. I pretty much stay busy all the time. This is so unlike me and I LOVE it!
OMG! What an encouraging post. Thank you so much!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh how I loved these posts! My surgery date is January 16 yaaay me!!

Used to love going out to eat, now I hate it. Used to look forward to meal times, now I could care less. Used to be self-concision about my body, now I'm getting used to it. A few things that have changed at 2 months post op.

Here's one thing I now love that I didn't before:

Cleaning. It doesn't hurt my body the way it used to. Now it makes me feel accomplished, without the pain 😁

Edited by Starry*Night

59 minutes ago, Starry*Night said:

Here's one thing I now love that I didn't before:

Cleaning. It doesn't hurt my body the way it used to. Now it makes me feel accomplished, without the pain 😁

Same! It's one of my new exercises routines like random dancing and shopping 😂

Okay okay...so the 600 lb. life thing is really a thing! I watched it early before and after surgery, but I needed to know something important and I know it now and I don't watch that anymore or anything like it. I needed to know I could find my way back. I had to see all those poor, sick people get better so that I knew I could get better too!

1st: Before surgery I played on my computer habitually. If the internet went down, my life went down! I don't even turn my computer on for days now, nor do I use it for game playing or socializing...(sorry to all my computer friends that I never met!)

2nd: I was sooo messy before, house a mess, laundry existed only in dirty and clean baskets. Now...my house is clean, all the time, and you can find all clothing and linens neatly folded and put away.

Last: My secret mantra back in the day, and I hate to even admit this, but I would say to myself that "I hate people." I'll give myself a little break here, I was so big that people either were to embarrassed to look at me or too cruel not too. Now, I love people! I randomly help people who look like they need help. I smile at everyone, look them in the eyes, strike up conversations. Holy ****, I've pulled over in my car 3 times since surgery to help people who got mashed up in the road, ready to save them anyway I can! It's alarming that I've seen that many accidents happen right??? Good thing I love people now :). New mantra to live by: "Everyone is wonderful!"

New mantra to live by: "Everyone is wonderful!"

I love your mantra! [emoji108][emoji106][emoji173]️[emoji7]

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, BurBur said:

Okay okay...so the 600 lb. life thing is really a thing! I watched it early before and after surgery, but I needed to know something important and I know it now and I don't watch that anymore or anything like it. I needed to know I could find my way back. I had to see all those poor, sick people get better so that I knew I could get better too!

1st: Before surgery I played on my computer habitually. If the internet went down, my life went down! I don't even turn my computer on for days now, nor do I use it for game playing or socializing...(sorry to all my computer friends that I never met!)

2nd: I was sooo messy before, house a mess, laundry existed only in dirty and clean baskets. Now...my house is clean, all the time, and you can find all clothing and linens neatly folded and put away.

Last: My secret mantra back in the day, and I hate to even admit this, but I would say to myself that "I hate people." I'll give myself a little break here, I was so big that people either were to embarrassed to look at me or too cruel not too. Now, I love people! I randomly help people who look like they need help. I smile at everyone, look them in the eyes, strike up conversations. Holy ****, I've pulled over in my car 3 times since surgery to help people who got mashed up in the road, ready to save them anyway I can! It's alarming that I've seen that many accidents happen right??? Good thing I love people now :). New mantra to live by: "Everyone is wonderful!"

CONGRATS 💜

This is an impressive turn

I'm looking forward to what I would evolve into!! I'm very aware that this site won't consume me as much as it does now but I certainly hope I don't lose the thrill of coming on here!!

The thrill I hope to lose is my ridiculous ability to veg out on my couch after work!!! Especially after I feel I've gone to my cycle class in the morning

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I love this thread!

I used to love sleeping in. Now I get up every morning at 5am with Mr. Fluffy and we are walking together by 5:30am! We get our morning walk-walk knocked out and can then follow up in the evening with the other 30 minutes of walking together. We use the time to talk about our day, either coming up or how it went!