Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I or should I not

Tomorrow is my big day, as excited as I am, I'm so nervous that things are not going to go so well. Everything that I can think of negatively has been thought of. I now have doubts and an ongoing headache that's only getting worse. I'm starting to rethink my decision to have this surgery. I rushed this process and now I'm doubting every step I've ever made!

Stop looking at the NEGATIVES and start looking at the POSITIVES think about the new you and relax, quit giving yourself a Headache over it. Positive thinking brings Positive things. Now go get the new you no doubting. It will all be ok and you’ll be glad you did in a few weeks and months, it’s like this if you feed it, it will grow stop feeding the NEGATIVITY!.

Edited by SummerEssence

Headache passes! It’s just a withdrawal headache .

Don’t rethink- you’ll regret it.

Thank you... Positive thinking! I got it!

If you've spent some time here I'm sure you have come across numerous posts about the positive outcome of this surgery. Yeah there are a handful of people posting about negatives but you always read from members that are further along that it is only temporary. All will go well and before you know it you'll be done with it and working on the new you. Keep your head up, keep positive.

It's normal to have second (and 3rd, and 4th) thoughts as you approach surgery time. I had doubts all the way up to the time I was on the surgery table and they were putting the mask over my face.

As others have said, focus on the reasons why you decided to take this journey and the positives.

In my experience, the negatives pass and fade.

Say
Would I rather drag around too tired to do housework
Too out of breath to climb stairs
Legs hurt too bad to go for much of a walk
Only go outside when the temprature's right
Too cold and and,you ache
Too hot and you sweat buckets
Not be able to fit normal-sized seating and pretty colored clothing
Have people look at you like you were a disgusting bug
Be known as that fat broad or big man when you have a perfectly lovely name your parents gave you.
Have people you haven't seen for awhile say " Oh are you still living?"
Have younger people tell you take
up too much space, waste too much of the world's resources so just die, and do,it quickly
Get up every morning knowing that you are in pain and this is As little pain you will have until you try to move
Look at yourself in the mirror and not,mind how you look. Even worse, not own. a mirror you can see all of you in.
Know that no matter how much you eat your stomach will hurt and feel unsatisfied.
Know when you get up you don't really matter to anyone and you pray for death to realease you from your dismal existence
After All this You Still want to Stay as You Are'---then More Power to You. It will take every drop of your Power to Even Exist!
If you reject any or all of the above then join me in seeking and obtaining Life Changing Surgery. You see, either I or People I cared for have had all the above, many died out of Hope, but by,all I hold dear, all I find Good and Holy, I shall not merely exist. I don't walk slowly, I run as fast as my legs, old as they are, can move toward my surgery. Better the Person I can become than the weary depressed hollow shell I had become. I will enter the Operating Theatre with a Song in My ❤, when I wake up again, and yes I shall wake, for my surgeon has a perfect record which I shall not besmirch, I will have a smile😛 from cheek to cheek upon my face, what pain I have will be mild and negatory for the final result will be having my chance at continued life, and this one will be SO MUCH BETTER!
Don't be Jello, quivering and fearful, join me , strong and resolute in my Bright Shining New Day! Joy always has and always will Trump sorrow!🌈

Bariatric Surgery makes new life out of Nothing At All ( with thanks to Russell Hitchcock and Men At Work)!!!

You Can Do It! Stretch, use a heating pad, binge watch Lost in Space & The Walking Dead on Netflix. Drink some Water (if allowed), dance a little to Sia's Chandelier, wear cozy clothes, repeat.

CONGRATS!!!

Edited by GreenTealael

I second the binge watching suggestion - I watched all of UNREAL seasons 1-3 (SO trashy but SO good) the week or two before my surgery, and I've been binge re-watching Parks and Rec since...and watching a lot of the Queer Eye reboot (SO SO GOOD and sweet, especially season two!).

Also, I found mindfulness really helpful in that week or two of mind spiraling in doubts and worries before my surgery. Finding ways to practice acknowledging the feelings, understanding them, and letting them go. For me journaling has always been my go-to tool for this, but if you google mindfulness for anxiety I'm sure you'll find lots of really great ideas too!

When I was journaling I also wrote and thought a lot about why I had made the decision to take this step. Voicing my doubts or second-guessing but answering them with reminders of why I felt this was the path I needed to go on. I wrote also about what I hoped to accomplish/try/do over the six months/year after surgery. That was really useful in quieting some of those voices too!

On 08/05/2018 at 12:04, Frustr8 said:

Say

Would I rather drag around too tired to do housework

Too out of breath to climb stairs

Legs hurt too bad to go for much of a walk

Only go outside when the temprature's right

Too cold and and,you ache

Too hot and you sweat buckets

Not be able to fit normal-sized seating and pretty colored clothing

Have people look at you like you were a disgusting bug

Be known as that fat broad or big man when you have a perfectly lovely name your parents gave you.

Have people you haven't seen for awhile say " Oh are you still living?"

Have younger people tell you take

up too much space, waste too much of the world's resources so just die, and do,it quickly

Get up every morning knowing that you are in pain and this is As little pain you will have until you try to move

Look at yourself in the mirror and not,mind how you look. Even worse, not own. a mirror you can see all of you in.

Know that no matter how much you eat your stomach will hurt and feel unsatisfied.

Know when you get up you don't really matter to anyone and you pray for death to realease you from your dismal existence

After All this You Still want to Stay as You Are'---then More Power to You. It will take every drop of your Power to Even Exist!

If you reject any or all of the above then join me in seeking and obtaining Life Changing Surgery. You see, either I or People I cared for have had all the above, many died out of Hope, but by,all I hold dear, all I find Good and Holy, I shall not merely exist. I don't walk slowly, I run as fast as my legs, old as they are, can move toward my surgery. Better the Person I can become than the weary depressed hollow shell I had become. I will enter the Operating Theatre with a Song in My ❤, when I wake up again, and yes I shall wake, for my surgeon has a perfect record which I shall not besmirch, I will have a smile😛 from cheek to cheek upon my face, what pain I have will be mild and negatory for the final result will be having my chance at continued life, and this one will be SO MUCH BETTER!

Don't be Jello, quivering and fearful, join me , strong and resolute in my Bright Shining New Day! Joy always has and always will Trump sorrow!🌈
Will you're my bariatric Godmother 😍😍 you're amazing!!

On 08/05/2018 at 12:29, GreenTealael said:

You Can Do It! Stretch, use a heating pad, binge watch Lost in Space & The Walking Dead on Netflix. Drink some Water (if allowed), dance a little to Sia's Chandelier, wear cozy clothes, repeat.

CONGRATS!!!

Thank you my lady!

Thank you all for the kind words! I can't wait to update you all!! 😊

And I shall be waiting, I'll be easy to find, look for someone red-headed with a Protein Shake in her chubby fingers!😛🍶

Best of luck and I can't wait to hear how you're doing/feeling afterwards! I admit to lots of anxiety up until surgery BUT have not had a single regret since...which is really stunning because anxiety and second guessing is like 90% of my day usually!