Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is you food/liquid in take at 6 days out?

Just had my surgery last week and just wanted to see what is you daily food and liquid intake? Not sure if I am eating enough, i know it hard to get 64 oz of Water a day. So just looking for input and advice. Thanks
Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

7 days post op here. I'm focused on my Protein Shakes. I drink 2 (11 oz) Premier Protein shakes a day totalling 60g Protien. Additionally I try to drink 5 (8 oz) sized Water bottles. I've only been able to accomplish 4 out of the 5 waters and that took a week to do. Just talked to my surgeon yesterday (6 days post op) and he's pleased with the intake. He mentioned I can count out oz in shake as part of daily intake so I can make protien my # 1 focus.

I've had good and bad days - mostly due to pressure which is what I'm told is gas build up. Don't worry - just do what you can do. My method is sip water slowly until I feel the pressure. Wait a half hour. Sip protien slowly until I feel the pressure. Wait a half hour and repeat all day until bed.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m 8 days post op and am trying to get 2 Premier Protein shakes in each day and as close to 64 oz of Water. It’s harder than I ever imagined to get that little in me lol most days I come up about 8 oz shy of my water goal and get at least 1 1/2 shakes in. It’s over 100 degrees here so I’m very concerned with dehydration.

On 07/31/2018 at 05:06, newmeinfla said:

Just had my surgery last week and just wanted to see what is you daily food and liquid intake? Not sure if I am eating enough, i know it hard to get 64 oz of Water a day. So just looking for input and advice. Thanks

Check with your plan but mine allowed all liquids to count towards my daily goal including Protein Shakes and even popsicles

I am 9 days out. I am now on full liquids including 60 grams of shakes. I am finding it hard to get that 3rd shake in cause I fall asleep. I am constantly sipping on something every 30-40 minutes. Even if it is a popsicle.

My plan 2 shakes a day = 60 grams of Protein and 64 oz of fluids Jello, Water, lemonade, popsicle, broth, for 10 days only. I'm 5 days post op haven't made goal yet, but I'm trying. The hardest thing for me is to eat when I'm not hungry there are times that 2 or 3 hrs will go by with nothing to drink.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

So happy everyone is doing so well. And we are all pretty much on then same place how in the heck do you get all this liquid in. My nutritionist does not have us count Protein Shakes and liquid, but I am because right now i have no chance to even getting close to 64 oz a day. Just have to keep trying everyday little by little.

So I’m feeling like I constantly have a bubble in my throat. Am I alone? Is it just because a little liquid makes me full? I had a lap band removed too, could that be it?