Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

Me likes the rice cooker. It's a closed system without any nasty leakage. Only a little bit of steam coming out of a little valve on top.

Should have invested more money from the beginning on... 🙄

4 hours ago, summerset said:

Meet my new rice cooker mini. It can cook up to 3.5 cups of dry rice (brown rice a bit less). If this thing is good I'm going to invest into the bigger version for batch cooking because my husband is already interested in taking the mini one home with him, lol.

IMG_4498.thumb.jpg.2e2454d4cac65cc5b0f00d64529d0e8a.jpg

This one is really cute! I used to have a rice cooker that had a separate layer for vegetable steaming. It was very convenient. Does yours have that feature?

Egg omelet with jalapeno relish 20201004_234813.jpg 20201004_234749.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yaaaaaaassssssss...sushi/sashimi take out for dinner last night!

Just sashimi for me: ate 3 salmons, 2 tunas, 1 octopus, 1 scallop, with wasabi soy sauce and a bit of spicy seaweed salad: 253 cals.

52AAC7EF-0F3E-482C-940D-F9E4E3B4ECEF.thumb.jpeg.1ef310fbb823e407ab5dfcb7379485b1.jpeg

First meal today was a bit odd, even for me:

1/2 a Boston cream donut, 1 slice of bacon and some ketchup. Had the bacon and donut together (surprisingly delicious) as well as the bacon and ketchup together (classically delicious)...but not all three together. The kid dared me but I was all...um no thanks.

207 calories.

*I accept full responsibility for the effects on my heart rate that the donut is already having. At least Im not sick. Semi-win. Whomp, whomp.

C2A8C98A-6DEA-43F0-84AC-6EA5ACD309F8.thumb.jpeg.bde2ce11235832d5ce27862049b64caa.jpeg

So my first post-op restaurant trip happened. Sooner than I expected for my vacation as I was ready to do dinner. Sadly, some light rain has kiboshed my plan to rent a scooter for the moment. So we ended up bunkering down at a restaurant. So, I went with lunch instead and will eat a Protein Bar for dinner.

Ordered loaded deviled eggs and a bowl of roasted Tomato and red pepper Soup. The eggs were rather bland for being “loaded”, but the soup was amazing.

72003EE8-5081-4D06-B288-5C367AFE22D4.jpeg.3760315e27435f8ce0b310bbbd04091d.jpeg

44F2CC51-6DC1-49AC-A0CA-5DEBC74FB8D1.jpeg.bc72360760fc3a02fd92a1306a25b29b.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Pandemonium said:

So my first post-op restaurant trip happened. Sooner than I expected for my vacation as I was ready to do dinner. Sadly, some light rain has kiboshed my plan to rent a scooter for the moment. So we ended up bunkering down at a restaurant. So, I went with lunch instead and will eat a Protein Bar for dinner.

Ordered loaded deviled eggs and a bowl of roasted Tomato and red pepper Soup. The eggs were rather bland for being “loaded”, but the Soup was amazing.

72003EE8-5081-4D06-B288-5C367AFE22D4.jpeg.3760315e27435f8ce0b310bbbd04091d.jpeg

44F2CC51-6DC1-49AC-A0CA-5DEBC74FB8D1.jpeg.bc72360760fc3a02fd92a1306a25b29b.jpeg

Congratulations! How did your stomach handle everything?

19 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Congratulations! How did your stomach handle everything?

So far so good! Definitely got right up to my limit but stopped myself from going over it. Really really wanted more of the Soup, but getting myself sick would have been a lousy start to my vacation

Last night’s dinner. Kind of boring. Grilled chicken thigh, which I just season with salt and pepper, and some roasted green Beans. I do some of these chicken thighs almost every week and take them to work for lunch. Simple and tasty.

97A64D86-2F12-4BFF-9008-F7E5AF1CE879.jpeg

OMG! Smoked bay scallops! These are going back to the room with me and into the fridge for snacking tomorrow!E06ED88E-EE02-4CFB-B5AC-ADF7D73E7A6E.jpeg.0e655b4620dcbef22d617e00eec50d58.jpeg

Prepared some of the leftover rice from yesterday with coconut milk and cinnamon. Not as creamy as when cooked with coconut milk of course but a non-regrettable substitute for the lazy cook anyway.

Though I have to admit it looks more like some kind of... meat balls in cream? lol

rice.thumb.jpg.145044b3beeaed80f7c597e0f50b772b.jpg

1 hour ago, Pandemonium said:

OMG! Smoked bay scallops! These are going back to the room with me and into the fridge for snacking tomorrow!E06ED88E-EE02-4CFB-B5AC-ADF7D73E7A6E.jpeg.0e655b4620dcbef22d617e00eec50d58.jpeg

Oooooommmmmmggggggg

*salivating*

So seeing @Pandemonium’s scallops pic earlier activated a salt craving in me for some reason, so fixed myself one of my mini charcuterie plates again for a snack: old cheddar, prosciutto, salami, fig jam & frozen blueberries: 386 calories.

Ate about 2/3 of it all, but should’ve stopped at half...am unpleasantly full. Not sure if I will finish the rest later, I’m salted out for the day, I think.

Also, I think I had more fun building the little hor d’oeuvres bites and taking pictures of them to make this little collage, than actually eating it. Meh.

19CF4F32-68E1-4EF0-AF28-8DA184A7B2E9.thumb.jpeg.9311e7e5629072bf7bb7b5f0edef9847.jpeg