Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos



Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I eat plantains, cassava, Beans, lentils, barley & sometimes oats (but I always have) I, however, never heard about the term resistant starch... so thanks for the info!

I think the premise is, that if you cook let's say potatoes or rice and then refrigerate it for an extended period of time(24 hours), then heat it up and eat it, the starch becomes more resistant to digestion. They are saying, that this is very good for your biome(guts?) and should not spike your insulin as much as fresh cooked and consumed.

I don't know if I buy into it yet, but thought it was very interesting. I personally don't want to open that can of worms again.....like ever! 😏 But I think it would be cool , if it were true, for the rare cheat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Breakfast was cottage cheese with tomatoes, banana peppers, and kimchi

lunch was lightlife Italian sausage. They were good but a little spicier than I thought they’d be. Ended up eating another couple slices later on.

snack was supposed to be a take on kimbap but I think I’ll try again with something other than yogurt because it made it weird for me. My kids ended up eating all but one of the pieces.

(Dipping sauce was a mixture of garlic chili sauce, soy sauce, a smidge of honey, sesame oil and oyster sauce.)

dinner was microwave Protein cheesecake with berries mixed in. I’m saving the other half for Breakfast as it’s 2 servings for the recipe.

0878CF93-AEE8-4E0D-8C57-403D6B0DDEF7.jpeg

3E70001E-8A40-4711-9CFE-7F7AC9C81818.jpeg

7B809DB2-C5B3-479E-9A7F-B944004E52BA.jpeg

78045EA7-B913-452F-A523-186DCFDDE288.jpeg

76E6072A-CDCA-4099-9F33-F6126557C46F.jpeg

DAD46756-696E-4F73-B583-A0D7C6C135D0.jpeg

Sauce looks yummy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nermada said:

I think the premise is, that if you cook let's say potatoes or rice and then refrigerate it for an extended period of time(24 hours), then heat it up and eat it, the starch becomes more resistant to digestion. They are saying, that this is very good for your biome(guts?) and should not spike your insulin as much as fresh cooked and consumed.

I don't know if I buy into it yet, but thought it was very interesting. I personally don't want to open that can of worms again.....like ever! 😏 But I think it would be cool , if it were true, for the rare cheat.

Potato salad here I come lol 😂

WastefulCapitalDeviltasmanian-small.gif.5ec55fdd8c879c30565d0d3c45cca7ba.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Potato salad here I come lol 😂

WastefulCapitalDeviltasmanian-small.gif.5ec55fdd8c879c30565d0d3c45cca7ba.gif

🤣🤣🤣 totally!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2020 at 6:36 PM, Nermada said:

Love this salad! What does Cotija cheese taste like? I've seen it a few times on this thread and finally found it in a local grocery store, but did not have the courage to buy it.

It looks really good. I like feta but hate cottage cheese(texture), is it close to any of them?

I find personally, Cotija cheese has a mild flavor and light airy texture. It is sprinkled here on my Mexican Street Corn - Salads, Beans and other dishes where you do not wish for a pungent, overwhelming or heavy cheese. Definitely try it! I don't think you'll be disappointed. ms.sss may also have suggestions on how she uses it. And, I do believe Greentea can chime in on this, as well. ;] I also like it on poached pears - a nice contrast in flavors.

IMG_2212.jpeg

IMG_4446.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was totally inspired by all the previous delicious pizza posts! Firehook brand crackers are my simple go to... And, tolerated well with their extra baked and crispy dynamic. Ate two strips + ¼ salad for dinner. These like the bagel ones with Swiss cheese and honey crisp apple slices are to DIE for!

IMG_2253.jpeg

IMG_5805.jpeg

IMG_4836.jpeg

IMG_4337.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

Greentea can chime in on this

I actually only had it on authentic Mexican in Texas. It blended in so well I don't know what the flavor/texture is like alone.

Maybe cool, creamy & slightly less nutty/pungent than goat cheese?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/24/2020 at 19:27, GreenTealael said:






I actually only had it on authentic Mexican in Texas. It blended in so well I don't know what the flavor/texture is like alone.




Maybe cool, creamy & slightly less nutty/pungent than goat cheese?


I’d describe it as texture and saltiness of feta, but tastes like a mild Parmesan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok since it's Autumn and I've decided to cook again 🤣 Another *almost* vegan sugar free apple pie

Made with stevia and a few tbsps of maple Syrup for flavor and caramelization

Lumii_20200924_180204624.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

Was totally inspired by all the previous delicious pizza posts! Firehook brand crackers are my simple go to... And, tolerated well with their extra baked and crispy dynamic. Ate two strips + ¼ salad for dinner. These like the bagel ones with Swiss cheese and honey crisp apple slices are to DIE for!

IMG_2253.jpeg

IMG_5805.jpeg

IMG_4836.jpeg

IMG_4337.jpeg

Yum I love the idea of doing it on crackers :) Also, I am making it a priority to make your tri colored quinoa salad! It looks amazing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caribbean fare courtesy of Trinidad and Tobago: Doubles

670373203_IMG_20200926_1157502.thumb.jpg.51706682442f876a0cce6a65b0d29b77.jpg

Vegan chana (chickpea) stew on a tumeric spiced flatbread

I added spinach but it's not traditional, also the stew is still amazing without the flat bread ♥️

Tutorial below for anyone interested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prepared food for 24 h shift. Hopefully shift's not going to be as bad as last Sunday.

Rice with broccoli, one portion with mackerel with black Beans out of the can, the other one with fried tofu (very squishy and pretty tasteless, won't buy again) and sweet chili garlic sauce.

bread with cashew camembert. Bread with mock Fleischsalat. Carrots.

fruit salad with banana, plum and pear.

IMG_4484.thumb.jpg.f849436ed2e0fb896d3ce5c08c53314f.jpg

IMG_4483.thumb.jpg.c715bd96d993949cc0cfa5d8d96b7d4b.jpg

IMG_4481.jpg

IMG_4482.jpg

Edited by summerset

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I had to try out my 1-Carb Tortillas that arrived this morning, so my chicken salad because chicken salad soft "tacos". Used some grape tomatoes and was under the impression I had some cotija, but was wrong...so grated parmesan ended up having to suffice.

photo_2020-09-26_19-44-20.thumb.jpg.3fc8c8ebca3858a43be600825d39c2f4.jpg

photo_2020-09-26_19-44-25.thumb.jpg.84217f91353c098a7786a5821bb0aec1.jpg

Needless to say, it was good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Pandemonium said:

So I had to try out my 1-Carb Tortillas that arrived this morning, so my chicken salad because chicken salad soft "tacos". Used some grape tomatoes and was under the impression I had some cotija, but was wrong...so grated parmesan ended up having to suffice.

photo_2020-09-26_19-44-20.thumb.jpg.3fc8c8ebca3858a43be600825d39c2f4.jpg

photo_2020-09-26_19-44-25.thumb.jpg.84217f91353c098a7786a5821bb0aec1.jpg

Needless to say, it was good!

OMG ! How were the tacos themselves? Any texture or tastes differences?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×