Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

25 minutes ago, CapK said:

Ate a piece of broccoli before taking the photo. Oops!

1 oz basmati rice, 3.5 oz chicken teriyaki, 2.5 oz veggies. I ate it all! Love when it looks like a huge plate of food, but it's a small desert plate that I used. lol

PXL_20210311_165205686.jpg

Yuuuuummmmmmmmy

My all time fav cut of steak-filet with yummy asparagus!!

image-0.015974044799804688.jpg

4 hours ago, Kris77 said:

My all time fav cut of steak-filet with yummy asparagus!!

image-0.015974044799804688.jpg

Oooohh...there's that butter again *smacks lips*

Edited by ms.sss

I fired up my smoker today for 10 pounds of leg quarters and 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

Smoker.JPG.ed61d3c9e67446e26080bc1794adcf2f.JPG

Finished product (this is the smallest one):

358049932_LegQuarter.JPG.d0012d9660d1ef0df05c4f9c870faccc.JPG

Took 2 ounces from that one to put on a salad for lunch:

1069489295_LegQuarterAfter.JPG.d1968f9decd7a00bd6dbab5ecf8c6722.JPG

Salad.JPG.9ceb06e605f38d0483557955c707fbd4.JPG

And 2 ounces with sugar-free BBQ Sauce and a side of asparagus for dinner:

Dinner.JPG.f81cf9e279200433d8a59ae72b7865e8.JPG

Smoked chicken freezes well, so the rest of it's going in the freezer. I'll have plenty of chicken for weeks!

On 03/14/2021 at 18:16, BigSue said:

I fired up my smoker today for 10 pounds of leg quarters and 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

Finished product (this is the smallest one):

358049932_LegQuarter.JPG.d0012d9660d1ef0df05c4f9c870faccc.JPG

Took 2 ounces from that one to put on a salad for lunch:

1069489295_LegQuarterAfter.JPG.d1968f9decd7a00bd6dbab5ecf8c6722.JPG

Salad.JPG.9ceb06e605f38d0483557955c707fbd4.JPG

And 2 ounces with sugar-free BBQ Sauce and a side of asparagus for dinner:

Dinner.JPG.f81cf9e279200433d8a59ae72b7865e8.JPG

Smoked chicken freezes well, so the rest of it's going in the freezer. I'll have plenty of chicken for weeks!

Yum! Looks great!!

Smoked flank steak, green Beans, tomatoes and avocado with balsamic and olive oil. Yummy!

0C3CEFC9-BFB0-4472-94D6-6C664F28C0B3.jpeg

3 hours ago, BigSue said:

I love grilled meat!

I got a question for you, lol: I recently started using a leave in food thermometer, and been practising with different food items. Today I pan fried some chicken breasts and waited until the specified temp, but by the time it was served it was not perfect (a little on the over done side). I was thinking I should take the meat of the heat just BEFORE it reaches temp to avoid this....but not sure at what temp exactly do that at...??

What is your strategy? (cuz your chicken looks pretty juicy in your pics!)

Went a little nutso with some biscotti baking tonite. I couldn't decide what flavour to make, so I made them all.

Lemon Ginger, Cinnamon Apple, Maple Bacon, Espresso chocolate Walnut, Cranberry, & Almond.

I ate an entire Almond one (about 2-3 inches long), plus a taste test bite of the end pieces of each of other five. I have no idea what the calories are but I marked it down as 250 calories.

The majority of these are going out for delivery tomorrow morning. I just leave stuff on their doorsteps, ring the doorbell then run/drive away, 😂

IMG_1259.thumb.JPG.0bfc80f050bef050fe4e059e042b674c.JPG

8 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Went a little nutso with some biscotti baking tonite. I couldn't decide what flavour to make, so I made them all.

Lemon Ginger, Cinnamon Apple, Maple Bacon, Espresso chocolate Walnut, Cranberry, & Almond.

I ate an entire Almond one (about 2-3 inches long), plus a taste test bite of the end pieces of each of other five. I have no idea what the calories are but I marked it down as 250 calories.

The majority of these are going out for delivery tomorrow morning. I just leave stuff on their doorsteps, ring the doorbell then run/drive away, 😂

I make biscotti occasionally. At 2-3" long, you've most likely overestimated the calories - it's probably half that. But it's always better to overestimate than underestimate...

btw - try this one sometime https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/chocolate-hazelnut-and-ginger-biscotti-102709

Edited by catwoman7

7 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I love grilled meat!

I got a question for you, lol: I recently started using a leave in food thermometer, and been practising with different food items. Today I pan fried some chicken breasts and waited until the specified temp, but by the time it was served it was not perfect (a little on the over done side). I was thinking I should take the meat of the heat just BEFORE it reaches temp to avoid this....but not sure at what temp exactly do that at...??

What is your strategy? (cuz your chicken looks pretty juicy in your pics!)

Well... I'm the wrong person to ask because I'm super cautious about food safety, and I err on the side of overcooking meat. I don't take it off the heat until it's at a safe temperature (plus at least a few more degrees just to be safe). I also ruin it by stabbing it in multiple places with a thermometer (just to make sure!), which lets a lot of juices out. Dark meat is very forgiving, so it was still very juicy even though it was cooked a little more than necessary.

8 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

Hmmmm....this is basically the same base recipe I use, except this one has one extra egg + the egg wash. Will def try this one, when I have hazelnuts on hand. Thx!

10 hours ago, ms.sss said:

These look amazing. Can you share the recipe for these? My wife would love to bake a few of these as well.

39 minutes ago, mswillis5 said:

These look amazing. Can you share the recipe for these? My wife would love to bake a few of these as well.

Here you go!

Dessert : Biscotti.pdf

I have been playing around with the sugar content, and I have gone as low 1/2 cup sugar (vs the stated 3/4 cup) and was still good. I went down to 1/3 cup once but it was a little bland (esp cuz it was a chocolate flavour base).

Am going to try with the extra egg + the egg wash from @catwoman7's link above next time....

Edited by ms.sss