Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm trying my best to stay focus I'm tired of protein shakes etc.Question

Hi, I only had 1 and a half shakes today. I can't drink them anymore. I have 4 more days to go until my surgery, the funny think about I might drink shakes to help me reach my goal weight. I'm going to do my best to reach my goal. I can't go through this liquid diet again! I have this terrible tast in my mouth any body else having this problem?

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

I remember when I was on my liquid diet and didn't think I could make it. I had support from family and friends and they kept me motivated. The liquid diet is all mental...you can do it!

The thing helping me keep going is thinking about how if I can do this now, before the surgery, before any anatomy changes, then doing it afterward will be a breeze. I’ve been doing things like blending my Protein Shakes with ice and I want to get some of the sugar free Torani type syrups to add some flavor variety to my shakes as well. Would you be allowed to do that? Are you allowed to have a rotation of Protein Shake brands or are you restricted to one type?

I know all of us have slightly different pre-op guidelines, but I’m on day 8 and I know both of us can get through it! You’re going to be great!!

2 hours ago, Herewego2018 said:

The thing helping me keep going is thinking about how if I can do this now, before the surgery, before any anatomy changes, then doing it afterward will be a breeze. I’ve been doing things like blending my Protein Shakes with ice and I want to get some of the sugar free Torani type syrups to add some flavor variety to my shakes as well. Would you be allowed to do that? Are you allowed to have a rotation of Protein Shake brands or are you restricted to one type?

I know all of us have slightly different pre-op guidelines, but I’m on day 8 and I know both of us can get through it! You’re going to be great!!

I'm two years out and I still blend Protein with sugar free Torani syrups and ice and sometimes use Fairlife Skim milk or coconut milk (unsweetened) - so here are some "recipes" to help

chocolate Protein Powder, caramel sugar free Syrup, one scoop PB2 (peanut butter powder) milk and ice - boom - snickers with peanuts

Iced coffee, caramel syrup, chocolate protein powder, ice - protein frappucino

vanilla protein, Fairlife skim milk, 4 ounces pineapple, 1/2 cup spinach, ice - coconut syrup if you have it - pina colada with some fiber/greens!

Mine told me any 15 gram or above Protein, carbs and sugars below 10 was okay so you could even drink Premier Protein waters or similar. Between PP , Adkins, Muscle Milk and the,other you ought to be able to find something. FYI don't buy Wal-Mart's Equate, it is supposed to be equivalent,to PP but it tastes FOUL. I could barely shallow,the stuff.

I am pre surgery (and praying that my insurance approves!), so I am testing out shakes to see what I can tolerate. So far Premier Protein has been the one with the least aftertaste. I blend it with ice and Decaf espresso powder (trying to wean off caffeine now, since I will have to after surgery for a while). It also has 30 grams of Protein so that means fewer shakes to drink to get the protein in. I tried Muscle Milk and hated it. GNC Lean shake was VILE. I stupidly bought a whole tub of the powder too. I am going to try one scoop instead of two with a cup of high protein Fairlife milk, that will have about the same amount of protein without so much artificial sweetener. I hope that is palatable because 2 scoops with Water is disgusting, like pouring Sweet n' Low onto your tongue. Atkins aren't too bad, but they have a lot less protein than Premier. So far I've tried the chocolate premier, I'm going to try caramel, vanilla and banana next. I really wish they sold them in singles.