Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheez its, my little snack

The Moon Cheese or dry cheese items are gross to me. Not to mention I’m still pretty dairy sensitive. So- cheese it’s don’t hurt my tummy- but cheese will give me gas for days. Oh well. We do the best we can. :)

They sell both 100 cals and 140 cal tiny bags! A lot less carbs and fat..

On 07/13/2018 at 10:40, AshAsh1 said:

I've never wanted him to change for this process. He shouldn't have to give up anything just because I have temptation issues. Of course, I cook healthier now, and I don't make separate meals by any means for him. But I will make him a baked potato or rice as a side. And I still make muffins and brownies on the weekends for him. I've done a good job learning that we are different, and he can eat whatever he wants, and I can't.

Same with me and my boyfriend.

8 hours ago, SGirl35 said:

Hell yes to 100 calories worth of cheez- it’s . I was eating them daily and still lost my 110lbs .... I’m not a Nazi with carbs and such. Being like that only harms my mental state... not a way to solve the issue. I have stopped buying them for now. Now I eat that amount in popcorn.

And that's great if you eat the 100 cal bag and are good with that. I won't (and I suspect Jess, as well). One 100-calorie bag just leads to a few more 100 cal bags. I will fixate on the bags in the pantry until they are gone. Most things I can eat in moderation, Cheez Its aren't one of them.

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

A box of Cheez its- The Path To Perdition!

And that's great if you eat the 100 cal bag and are good with that. I won't (and I suspect Jess, as well). One 100-calorie bag just leads to a few more 100 cal bag. I will fixate on the bags in the pantry until they are gone. Most things I can eat in moderation, Cheez Its aren't one of them.
I suspected that may be where the road diverged for the posters, those who could physically handled the foods that were problematic and those who could not. Its like any other true addiction, you can't stay around it without risking relapse.

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 169

3 minutes ago, Tealael said:

I suspected that may be where the road diverged for the posters, those who could physically handled the foods that were problematic and those who could not. Its like any other true addiction, you can't stay around it without risking relapse.

Gretchen Rubin is an author who posts a lot on LinkedIn. She writes about psychological stuff and tendencies. I'm what she calls an "abstainer", meaning that I am far more successful abstaining from things that really tempt me than trying to eat in moderation. She calls people who can do that "moderators". It is very easy for people in one camp or the other to assume the whole world is the same as they are. But that's a mistaken assumption. Abstainers don't have to avoid all temptations, just the ones that they know trigger out-of-control responses.

07/15/2018 12:06 AM, jess9395 said:

I feed my family as an act of love too. Heck, my husband leaves for work at 5:30 am and I get up every single morning and make him Breakfast before he goes. I have for over 20 years every single morning. Pack him a lunch and then cook dinner in the evening. My kids too.

Part of that love is cooking and preparing healthy things for them. And part of his love to me is not caring if I keep cheezits out of the house. I get them treats on occasion. Fig newtons are a favorite and they have a whole wheat version. And if they want a junk treat once in a while it’s Doritos or Cheetos, just not cheezits. I don’t want them in the house. My family is healthier without them too so it’s love all the way around.

Choices.

Sorry ash you just said you had to but then for him so I was just exploring that statement.
I can relate, I make him Breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. Always a well balanced breakfast and dinner. Lunch is his splurge. He works very hard and those awful carbs somehow makes his day better. Ultimately he has benefited from this journey because I cook better and make better choices for us. For me, making his meals is an act of love. 

I think if I didn’t buy them, he would understand. I don’t have this big temptation with cheezits though. There are other things i avoid buying. He would ultimately give them up if it meant sabotaging my progress. I don’t take any offense. I just try and make it as easy on him as possible. He’s been so loving and supportive through, not only my weight loss journey, but before when it was really hard. When I had countless health problems. When he got up in the mornings to help me tie my shoes. When he sat through countless appointments for things that could have been solved by losing weight. I owe him to buy Cheezits if it’s what he loves. I owe him to resist the urge because he’s done so much for me. No, I don’t “owe” him necessarily and he doesn’t hold it over my head or treat it like a debt. But I do. I am in debt to his love. His vows for in sickness and in health, he’s held up the truest end of the agreement. I want him to feel all the goodness of my journey, and a part of that is for him to not give things up on my account. He gave up things for years. Sorry, I’m a little sappy and emotional typing this. He would give his life to make me happy, and I vow to never make him have to.

1 minute ago, AshAsh1 said:

I think if I didn’t buy them, he would understand. I don’t have this big temptation with cheezits though. There are other things i avoid buying. He would ultimately give them up if it meant sabotaging my progress. I don’t take any offense. I just try and make it as easy on him as possible. He’s been so loving and supportive through, not only my weight loss journey, but before when it was really hard. When I had countless health problems. When he got up in the mornings to help me tie my shoes. When he sat through countless appointments for things that could have been solved by losing weight. I owe him to buy Cheezits if it’s what he loves. I owe him to resist the urge because he’s done so much for me. No, I don’t “owe” him necessarily and he doesn’t hold it over my head or treat it like a debt. But I do. I am in debt to his love. His vows for in sickness and in health, he’s held up the truest end of the agreement. I want him to feel all the goodness of my journey, and a part of that is for him to not give things up on my account. He gave up things for years. Sorry, I’m a little sappy and emotional typing this. He would give his life to make me happy, and I vow to never make him have to.

You're lucky to have found each other :780_sparkling_heart:

Gretchen Rubin is an author who posts a lot on LinkedIn. She writes about psychological stuff and tendencies. I'm what she calls an "abstainer", meaning that I am far more successful abstaining from things that really tempt me than trying to eat in moderation. She calls people who can do that "moderators". It is very easy for people in one camp or the other to assume the whole world is the same as they are. But that's a mistaken assumption. Abstainers don't have to avoid all temptations, just the ones that they know trigger out-of-control responses.
Interesting, I will look into this!

I can relate, I make him Breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. Always a well balanced breakfast and dinner. lunch is his splurge. He works very hard and those awful carbs somehow makes his day better. Ultimately he has benefited from this journey because I cook better and make better choices for us. For me, making his meals is an act of love.

im crying into a bag of cheeze its...

On 07/15/2018 at 09:57, Orchids&Dragons said:

You're lucky to have found each other :780_sparkling_heart:

Yes we are. I thank God everyday that I found my match in life. I don’t believe in soulmates but, I do believe that we are destined to be together. We have our trials and tribulations but no one ever said marriage was easy.

On 07/14/2018 at 22:42, SGirl35 said:

They sell both 100 cals and 140 cal tiny bags! A lot less carbs and fat..
The stats I gave were for the 140 cal tiny bag

On 07/15/2018 at 07:22, Orchids&Dragons said:

And that's great if you eat the 100 cal bag and are good with that. I won't (and I suspect Jess, as well). One 100-calorie bag just leads to a few more 100 cal bags. I will fixate on the bags in the pantry until they are gone. Most things I can eat in moderation, Cheez Its aren't one of them.

Exactly. Everyone needs to do what works for them. Cheezits are pretty much the only thing I’m that way about. And that IS the way to solve the problem for me. I’m not a Nazi either.

Sheesh people keep your judgements to yourself. I’m not telling anyone what works for them only what works for me. Yet you throw around generalizations about this or that not solving the problem or not showing love.

Seriously. You do you if it works. But I know for a FACT that keeping cheezits out of my house works for me. I’m five years out and managing and maintaining wonderfully.

On 07/15/2018 at 07:33, Tealael said:

And let me just throw this out there.... stay vigilant. In the first year I could totally have eaten a small amount of cheezits and not have them be a slider and still lose. But things change. They may not for you, but be aware that they might. Or whatever YOUR cheezits are. Everyone’s are different.

When you’re five years out you may have a different perspective.