Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scheduled for sleeve July 10th may back out

Frustr8 thanks for the post. Amen!

I had my surgery in Mexico on 6/29. I am 55 year old, have high blood pressure, diabetes, and sleep apnea. I weighed 256 on the day of surgery and that is on a 5’3” frame. These are the reasons I had the surgery. My thought was that if I didn’t have the surgery I wouldn’t make it to age65. That prospect scared me a lot. There are no guarantees whether you have the surgery or not. When I was wheeled into surgery I was at complete peace with it and not at all nervous because I knew this was my best hope for a long life. It was a tough surgery and it took me a good 4 days to feel decent. But now at 10 days out I feel pretty darn well aside from not having too much energy because I am still in phase 2 full liquid only. I am looking forward to Thursday hen I get to try soft foods. So far I have had zero complications. Hope this helps. Please let us know your decision.

Lilysmom-thank you for your post. I am thrilled for you that you are doing well. I am feeling much more at peace with my decision having discussed my feelings on these boards. I am moving forward with the surgery and will have it done Tuesday. Hope you continue to feel well.

Please know that what you're feeling is normal. I was anxious up to the day of my procedure on June 29th. It was quick - 30-40 minutes and after a brief recovery taken to my room - you will sleep a lot. What ever pain there is is well managed and I truly only had pain in left shoulder from the gas used for the procedure. Went home the next day and only needed Tylenol for whatever discomfort I had. You will be well take care and confident you will be glad you did it.

Thanks Simpson girl. I am keeping positive.

Best wishes tomorrow for an uneventful surgery and a smooth recovery!

Thank you orchids....appreciate it! I’ll be in touch on the boards!

I had my vsg on june 25th and zero complications. The first week is rough from a soreness point of view but i pretty much feel back to normal. my only regret is not doing this years ago

10 minutes ago, roleypoley said:

I had my vsg on june 25th and zero complications. The first week is rough from a soreness point of view but i pretty much feel back to normal. my only regret is not doing this years ago

Thank you for the post. I am inspired by and comforted by the GOOD stories.

3 minutes ago, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

Thank you for the post. I am inspired by and comforted by the GOOD stories.

You're very welcome. Go easy on the shopping prior to surgery though..i stocked up a lot and can't stand the taste of the shakes now after surgery.. a lot of things taste different. shakes are now chalky and way too sweet.

The one thing that tastes and feels good is bonebroth. And from what i understand it also helps with the healing and is high in Protein

I have my surgery tomorrow too. I am feeling very anxious. All the post I have read really make me feel more at ease. I am looking forward to my new life. Thank you all for sharing.

On 7/8/2018 at 5:50 AM, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

Hi all. New to forum. Scheduled for the gastric sleeve on Tuesday and thinking about backing out. So many worrisome issues people are having in these forums. I am scared to death of complications. I have Hugh blood pressure sleep apnea and am borderline diabetic. I weigh 229 and my goal weight is 140. I know I need to do this but I am terrified there will be complications. Can anyone offer me any advice? I really don’t want to call this surgery off after all the hard work I’ve done. Sad and anxious.

I was terrified too of being put under for surgery, but I did it. I had waited for almost 9 months to have this surgery after jumping through all the different hoops of interviews and the whole pre op process that you must go through so I wasnt about to back out. I had never been put under before and wondered if something would go dreadfully wrong during the surgery but I woke up and was fine. I couldnt pee after the surgery so the nurse had to put a catheter up my penis which was the worse part of the whole thing. I have lost 22 pounds so far and I am 2 months post op as of today. I started out with a bmi of 36. Dont be a quitter. See this through to the end. Pray to the Universe for some bravery and confidence and get this done!

Don't back out, you'll just delay what you really want because if you've gotten this far you want it pretty badly.

I knew I wanted it badly after I drank barium...

Thanks all.

47 minutes ago, LauraDinoska said:

I have my surgery tomorrow too. I am feeling very anxious. All the post I have read really make me feel more at ease. I am looking forward to my new life. Thank you all for sharing.

Laura-I share in the anxiousness. All will be well. Feel free to keep in touch.