Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 days post op. Clear to start with soft chicken and ground beef. Help

Does anyone feel like weird when chewing meat? Like its not the same and I get scared of the feeling. My stomach is not throwing a tantrum I just feel full faster and idk its weird.

Please let me know im not alone

Sent from my SM-G935F using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm almost two months out from bypass; unless the meat is very soft (usually baked chicken in soup), I have a hard time chewing it enough to make my pouch happy. I usually have a hard time with more than two ounces.

You are NOT alone. When I was cleared to eat chicken, fish, meat I was scared to eat. It was almosr like I has been traumatized and did not want to eat. I had bad dreams that I ate the wrong thing, ate too much or choked!! I talked to my nutrionalist and she said take it slow. Stay on liquids, pureed foods ect as long as you want. There's no hurry. Everyone is different.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

It's kind of crazy how quickly we feel full, isn't it?? Hard to believe!

Softer meat helps or even canned chicken. I find ground turkey is best for me

But yea it’s weird if you’re eating more dense meats or grilled chicken etc

Definitely start with ground meats, imo. Something like a mild chili, so there is plenty of moisture with the meat. For each tablespoon of food, break it up into about 6 bites, then chew well. Let one mouthful (I know, amusing term at this stage) settle before you start the next.

I would highly recommend chicken salad as a start. I know I’m allowed purée chicken salad in the soft food phase I’m in now. But it will help towards moving into the next so maybe it will help you out

1 hour ago, eso0402 said:

Has anyone experienced like diarrhea with EVERYTHING they eat? Is it normal?

How many days has it been? My instructions were to call the doctor's office if it lasted 5 days or more. Otherwise you can get dehydrated.

Feel better eso0402!

I chew everything to purée. Absolutely nothing has been a problem. As a former owner of a lap band from Hell, it’s just the way I chew food.< br />