Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone 5' 1"? Low starting bmi? Care to share?

I’m 5’2 and my highest weight was 199 which was on 5/30/18. Surgery Weight was 192 on 6/6/18 and my current weight is 176. I’m almost 3 weeks post surgery. Goal weight is 140. I had the gastric sleeve!
Oh my gosh you are doing awesome!! You've lost more than I have and I had the gastric bypass. I'm unable to exercise yet though due to complications sadly... But congratulations on your progress!!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 5' 2" and started off at a relatively low BMI (for WLS) of 35 - still obese, and did have comorbidities. I am currently 147lb with a preliminary goal weight of 135, and then I will see how I feel once I get there. I would be thrilled if I could reach 115, but I'm not sure if it is realistic. I had my surgery Nov 2017, and compared to others have lost at a much slower rate, but am extremely happy with my progress so far. I have a small amount of loose skin, but I think that if I upped my exercise, that would take care of itself, either way, not enough to consider surgery I don't think.
My original goal weight was 110, but I'm also not too sure it is realistic. I feel like if you start at a lower bmi you're probably more likely to lose at a lower rate, but I guess that just depends on each individual person. I think in my mind I have goal weights set in stages at this point, so each new goal weight I meet will be an accomplishment and I will strive for better until I reach the ultimate accomplishment and am happy with my body to where I can just be perfectly at bliss with maintaining the exercise and lifestyle and focus on keeping myself steady.

On 06/26/2018 at 12:25, countryrae2001 said:

Oh my gosh you are doing awesome!! You've lost more than I have and I had the gastric bypass. I'm unable to exercise yet though due to complications sadly... But congratulations on your progress!!

Thank you! I am able to do cardio only. But it’s hard because I get tired so quick.

I was trying to do cardio as well. But I had to stop because something seems to be going on with my heart! It's horrible. As soon as I'm cleared though, I'll be on it!

On 06/26/2018 at 12:37, countryrae2001 said:

I was trying to do cardio as well. But I had to stop because something seems to be going on with my heart! It's horrible. As soon as I'm cleared though, I'll be on it!

Yes take it easy. Listen to your body

I’m 5’2” SW 248 lost to 215 on my own. Went into surgery at 209. CW 202 day 8. Sleeve
I’m 45. Seems surreal that I can actually eat to a normal size!

I'm BMI almost 37. Having a revision from a failed lapland to RNY.

So terrified and excited at the same time. Have you girls outed yourselves to everyone or managed to keep to yourself? Possible with restaurants etc?

I’m 5’2. Started at 226 and was 218 at surgery. I’m 5 days post RNY and I’m at 212. I’d like to get my BMI down to the upper end of normal so that would be about 135. However I could be happy at 145. I like some curves, but I think I should at least aim for normal. Even my doc agrees given my frame that much below 135 would be too much. I’m Thinking a nice comfy size 6.

5’2 highest weight 216. Had reversal from lap band to sleeve in Sept 2016. I am down to 150 and happy. My Dr told me I would lose slower due to having prior lap band. I have a little bit of extra skin but not enough for me to do anything surgically. I am also 60. I walked everyday about 8-10 miles but now live in Okinawa too hot to walk so I have taken up Zumba. It’s a good exercise for me. I would love to get to 140.

I am 5'2 and weigh about 170. I currently have the lap band which needs to come out due to many complications. I have an appointment July 18, 2018 with the surgeon to talk about the revision. I think I would like to have the sleeve but am certain due to heartburn when I was pregnant he will recommend the bypass. I am terrified really. I started this journey because I seen my mother who was obese go through so many health issues that were weight related. I just want to be healthy and the thought of either surgery scares me that I will have created issues trying to avoid issues. I almost wish I would have never started. I am 52 years old and pray whatever decision the surgeon recommends is going to the right one.

I was able to eat a pretty substantial amount pretty quickly after surgery, but that went away very quickly! I realized it was in my head... Now I'm having a hard time eating anything

I've actually managed to go to quite a few restaurants. I am just very careful about my meal choices, and I listen to my stomach very closely as I eat. As soon as I feel it start bubbling or getting that start of a dumping sensation I stop and wait, and see if I need to change up what I'm eating, eat slower, etc. This will sound weird, but it helps if I suck on a lemon or lime when I realize too late that my food choice was not such a good one! And if all else fails, I just stop. There's always next time. As long as I'm with people that understand. My husband makes sure I don't overdo it, and helps me try to pick the healthier choices as well!

I am 5'2 and starting weight was about 245. I had my surgery on 02/09/18. I am pretty happy with my progress so far I am down to 168. My goal weight is 140. But I am thinking of changing it to a lower number!

I know all about Okinawa heat and humidity! And I find that the best way to stick to an exercise is to find one to be passionate about! I love dancing, so even if I can't go out and dance I bought just dance for the wii and that actually helps me a lot.

Just go with your gut instinct! If you think you want to have the sleeve then go for it. My initial instinct was the bypass even though I was at a low starting bmi and even with complications post op I have no regrets. Also, heartburn can happen with the bypass as well especially if you're prone to it, i had it pretty badly. So unless there is a major deciding factor, go with your gut! You got this!