Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone 5' 1"? Low starting bmi? Care to share?

I am 5'2 and starting weight was about 245. I had my surgery on 02/09/18. I am pretty happy with my progress so far I am down to 168. My goal weight is 140. But I am thinking of changing it to a lower number!
Go for it! Always drive for better right? And congrats on your progress, you're doing amazing!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using BariatricPal mobile app

Well first off, what is your starting weight because that matters.

Also take into consideration your shape and go from there.

I’m also 5’1.
I wanted a healthy range not a magic number (mostly because nobody will ever notice if i gain or lose 3 lbs lol) and also because my shape if very different than most people. I’m very curvy and hour glass and i have huge boobs and i know that even post op, they haven’t moved at all. So my goal is somewhere between 115-130. I just want to be healthy, i definitely don’t want to look like skeletor.

Well first off, what is your starting weight because that matters.

Also take into consideration your shape and go from there.

I’m also 5’1.
I wanted a healthy range not a magic number (mostly because nobody will ever notice if i gain or lose 3 lbs lol) and also because my shape if very different than most people. I’m very curvy and hour glass and i have huge boobs and i know that even post op, they haven’t moved at all. So my goal is somewhere between 115-130. I just want to be healthy, i definitely don’t want to look like skeletor.
I suppose it depends on if you are talking about my highest weight or my my before surgery weight. My highest weight was 232, but my pre surgery weight was 206. But it sounds like we have a similar body shape lol I too am very curvy with huge boobs. Which is kind of annoying because I'm dropping pounds but my bra size is being extra weird, the band is dropping fast but the cup is growing lol it's like a 34DDD now. I'm sure it'll balance out eventually, but that sounds like a good goal weight. Lower than that and all the curves will be gone... I've been down to 102 and I looked anorexic. I want to get down to where I am toned, still have curves and look healthy.

5 minutes ago, countryrae2001 said:

I suppose it depends on if you are talking about my highest weight or my my before surgery weight. My highest weight was 232, but my pre surgery weight was 206. But it sounds like we have a similar body shape lol I too am very curvy with huge boobs. Which is kind of annoying because I'm dropping pounds but my bra size is being extra weird, the band is dropping fast but the cup is growing lol it's like a 34DDD now. I'm sure it'll balance out eventually, but that sounds like a good goal weight. Lower than that and all the curves will be gone... I've been down to 102 and I looked anorexic. I want to get down to where I am toned, still have curves and look healthy.

5 minutes ago, countryrae2001 said:

Use your surgery date weight. Based off of what you said, it sounds like we’re same size. There are pics of me floating around on here too. My bra size now is a 34G but it will probably be a 32 or 30 by the time im done.

if you’re aiming for toned you can use fitness models as a slight gague (sounds silly) but the point is even though those women are super toned, they are definitely not 100 lbs. many of them are around 130lbs.

Use your surgery date weight. Based off of what you said, it sounds like we’re same size. There are pics of me floating around on here too. My bra size now is a 34G but it will probably be a 32 or 30 by the time im done.
if you’re aiming for toned you can use fitness models as a slight gague (sounds silly) but the point is even though those women are super toned, they are definitely not 100 lbs. many of them are around 130lbs.
I've tried to do that, but I've only looked at the body fat percentage and the bmi that I want to be at in comparison to the fitness models that they have in the sample pictures. But they never really display their weights. And I never know how tall they are so it's hard to get an accurate comparison. But I know there are some actresses close to my height with a similar body structure, but I'd really rather go off of fitness. How do you plan on reaching your goal? I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to focus on cardio first and losing the fat, and then after I get closer to my goal start implementing strength training, or if I should do a combination but then I feel like I might lose weight slower.

@countryrae2001 that’s a good question, you’ll find your rhythm. Personally i focus more on weights and heavy weights for toning. I do less cardio because im afraid of being flabby. If i do cardio it’s just boxing (i would suggest only do what you think is fun for you) and only a few days per week. Whereas weights, i lift 5x per week.

The smaller you get, you will notice that you start to lose weight slower. But that’s ok, it’s not a race and it will be beneficial because you probably won’t have any excess skin. (Also to much cardio can add to the excess skin issue)

@countryrae2001 that’s a good question, you’ll find your rhythm. Personally i focus more on weights and heavy weights for toning. I do less cardio because im afraid of being flabby. If i do cardio it’s just boxing (i would suggest only do what you think is fun for you) and only a few days per week. Whereas weights, i lift 5x per week.

The smaller you get, you will notice that you start to lose weight slower. But that’s ok, it’s not a race and it will be beneficial because you probably won’t have any excess skin. (Also to much cardio can add to the excess skin issue)
Yeah that's true. I can't stand doing cardio if it's boring lol but the two things I could do every day is swimming and dancing, because to me that's not exercise, that's just having fun. But last time I lost weight by strictly cardio, I had to keep losing weight until I was too skinny to get rid of the excess skin. I wouldn't mind losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time... I can't remember the exact term they use for that. I know it's harder to do that though.
Last time I started weight training, I immediately stopped losing weight because I was putting on so much muscle so quickly. I guess that could be a pro and con of being so short. That's why I'm sure one I start it won't take too long to put on adequate muscle, but the fat burning process always takes so much longer, at least for me.