Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are your sliders? Mine are yogurt, nuts and Protein Bars. Eventually I will feel restriction but I've consumed so many calories by that point it's like sabotage (never tried this, decided to be cautious when I saw the calorie count and my tolerance )

Protein bars are a huge slider for me. And it sucks, cause I love them. Had to put a hard limit on protein bars of three a week...cause sometimes I'm not that interested in cooking or assembling something healthy and it's just too easy to pick the delicious double chocolate answer. (and then pick it again a few hours later:wacko:). I know that if I eat food with texture, I'll stay fuller longer. Want to get Fiber, work on staying off supplements and crap, eat real food..... Need to keep up good habits...so I limit protein bars now. (Still keep one in my purse always)

oatmeal is a slider for me unless I make it pretty stiff, do steel cut oats, and put cherries and pecans in it. If I do my delux super oatmeal...it doesn't slide so much:)

Same with refried beans...if I add the cheese and salsa and avocado and junk...I stay full. By themselves, they slide a little...but not as bad as other things.

Yogurt with fruit, nuts and whole grain granola...same.

Lot of Soups slide...which stinks, because I love Soup. My veggie soup doesn't slide so much. Split pea and bean soups are pretty decent to keep you full, too.

Nuts are delicious and naughty. I love them and I eat them daily, but Portion Control sucks with nuts. SO densely caloric! I measure nuts in Tablespoons. And those suckers slide like crazy by themselves.

Please forgive my ignorance. What is a slider food?

Cheese-it’s! Or pretty much any cracker.

On 06/26/2018 at 03:03, Brassapple said:

It’s a food that doesn’t make you feel full or trigger your restriction so you can eat it in much larger quantities. It’s an easy way to gain back your weight or keep you from losing.

On 06/26/2018 at 06:11, jess9395 said:

It’s a food that doesn’t make you feel full or trigger your restriction so you can eat it in much larger quantities. It’s an easy way to gain back your weight or keep you from losing.
Ah I got it. Thanks Jess.

Cashews. And for some reason most veggies. Sometimes I just can’t with the meat and I will eat the vegetables first and I feel no restrictions.

So far, only smooth Soups, like Tomato or anything broth like, are sliders, oh, and yogurt too. I don't get that full sensation, I just feel satisfied after eating about a cup or so.

Potato chips. Ritz crackers with spray cheese, I could eat as many of those post-surgery as pre. Ice cream. Soup. Grilled cheese sandwiches.

Nuts are absolutely not a slider food, I feel the restriction almost immediately.

57 minutes ago, abefroman329 said:

Nuts are absolutely not a slider food, I feel the restriction almost immediately.

Lucky.

On 6/26/2018 at 6:03 AM, Brassapple said:

@Brassapple Don't feel bad...I heard people on the site mention it but I wasn't sure what they meant either. Good question!! ;)

popcorn for me

1 hour ago, wanda247 said:

@Brassapple Don't feel bad...I heard people on the site mention it but I wasn't sure what they meant either. Good question!! ;)

Hey yes great question, foods that seem to slide right through your new stomach and trigger little to no restriction. For me I also it tends to be higher calorie foods, so it's dangerous to be able to eat alot because you are essentially eating around your surgery or cancelling the effects of it.

Halo top ice cream!

Oh I am learning so much from this site... I never knew what a slider was until literally right now haha. I’m still pre-op so..... everything’s a slider 😭😳 #allthefood