Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a little support

Hi all,

I am super new to all of this, and was just sleeved on 6/19. I spent two nights in the hospital, and walked around as much as I could tolerate. I know that I am only a few days post op and pain can be normal, but I feel so lethargic and sore almost all of the time. The gas pains have been the worst I think, and they don’t seem to lighten up. I don’t think I am feeling very hungry, mostly just head hunger right now. I’m sipping, going to the bathroom pretty regularly, and using the spirometer. I don’t regret having the surgery, but I just want to know that it gets easier as time goes on. I feel like so many other people have come home from the hospital feeling so much better, and I feel like a slug. My family has been super supportive, but I still feel like I’m failing. Does anyone have any advice?

Stacey

(hug) welcome dear one. Keep slowly baby stepping forward one day at a time, be kind to yourself. Pamper yourself when you feel up to it, sleep is good and healing, invest in a squatty potty stool I still use mine to help me poop you can get it on Amazon. Take up a new hobby to keep your mind busy (I started knitting 2 years ago and I'm glad I learned how) fluids at your stage are the number one, when you get to month 8 it's still number one. (I'm reminding myself as well) My inbox is open should you need to talk. :)

also, I highly recommend staying off Facebook and social media, log out often. It's helped me so much.

Failing.....you had surgery a MAJOR surgery a few days ago. Most ppl dont have super easy recovery. Days 3 thru 6 can be the worst due to swelling and soreness. Walk, sip and lay on your left side with heating pad to expel some gas. Use gas X. You doing fine. You cant fail at surgery recovery.

I was very discouraged when I got home too. I was so tired and very sore. It does get better! The first couple of weeks can be really hard. This forum helped me tremendously. I'll be 7 weeks post-op Monday and I feel like I've really turned a corner the past couple of days. I hope you start feeling better soon!

I think that is normal. My joke was that first I was an infant with 2 naps per day. Then I was a toddler with one afternoon nap per day. Then I was a preschooler with just an afternoon rest. My first 3 weeks back to work I was so tired ( and that was after a 3 week leave) that I did NOTHING outside of go to work, eat, exercise, and personal hygiene on work days. After that, my energy has returned to normal. Except for last week I was tired for about 4 days. Most of the time I'm fine now. Please give yourself time to heal. It doesn't help being on a clear liquid diet either. When your intake expands that helps with energy too.

And a burger shared is always half as heavy as going it alone!🌈😝🌈

BURDEN NOT BURGER, Although at 7:15 pm that sounds better than it should!

Good luck. I’m 4 weeks today. It does get easy. WALK, very important

i was home and would get up every hour and walk around my place for a few minutes. It helps a lot. I didn’t take pain meds when I got home for fear is naseau from it. I was fine, no pain. Walk, it will help, I promise

i walked so much in hospital, the day I left, I must have walked for over 20 minutes around the ward.

Just follow the nutritionist to a tee

good luck 💕💕💕💕

I had my surgery around the same time. The nurses would always encourage me to get up and go walking. They said it would help with the pains from the gas. It's going to be hard try to get up and move as much as you can.

Sent from my Z955L using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you for all the support everyone! For those who have had the sleeve, is it normal to have stomach pains after drinking? Every time I take a sip of Protein or Water or basically anything, I get these awful stomach pains. Almost similar to when you have a stomach bug and you can feel your stomach turning. I am still getting liquids in but it’s been pretty painful

Try hot Decaf tea… Comes in a zillion flavors. I could not drink Water cold for the longest time except for shakesFor the same reason