Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

Ellie you are amazing. Wow what you went through. Have an great flight and sip sip sip. 😇

Ellie123 looks like you made great choices at the store and will have everything you need to have a successful trip.

2 minutes ago, clsumrall said:

Ellie you are amazing. Wow what you went through. Have an great flight and sip sip sip. 😇

Thank you, repair the Stricture REALLY opened me up... knock on wood. I think it’s been slowly closing up over time as I would eat and feel beltchy and gassy and quite awful, but I thought it’s just the way things are post surgery. Well... apparently not...

Be smart,be careful, come back to us safe and sound. We all miss you, and everyone is right, your pictures are fab. Hopefully when you come back on October 26 I will have good news to share too. Prayers that this time I will have success, can't continue as I am.😥💦😥

12 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Be smart,be careful, come back to us safe and sound. We all miss you, and everyone is right, your pictures are fab. Hopefully when you come back on October 26 I will have good news to share too. Prayers that this time I will have success, can't continue as I am.😥💦😥

Prayers your way dear Frust8, you've waited so long for this and I just hate you are having such a hard time! The good news is your scoped showed it's the ulcers acting up. So there is a plan that if you follow, should get you fixed. Would have been more frust8ing if they could not find a reason you are having these symptoms. Hang in there and prayers for you!

Hey... do I count?? :)

My surgery date 9-28, right on the cusp of what would be considered summer or fall...

Hey Ellie! Hope all is well. Frust8 good luck on your thing too!

I’m down to 207.6!!!! I have been this low since 2012!!! And I was on some crazy diet and diet pills to get this low!! (Basically a super concentrated caffeine pill, was eating nothing for Breakfast but an apple and Water, lunch and dinner were freezer meals that were low cal and supposedly healthy and I was doing Zumba every day for an hour and I still couldn’t break the into the 100’s)

I noticed some loose skin yesterday and it threw me off I knew it was coming but omg it’s terrible!! I’m going to up my water intake and run oils on my skin and add weights in. I ran out of my 9 round trial :( sad. So I downloaded p90 and am starting that today.

Kind of scared of the lose skin.

Yeah Kara you count on my Book and also in YLime the lady who started Summer 2018 Surgery check in here and this one. She is a super nice,lady, as I hope everyone on here ism We are just brimming with💖for all our friends.

Megen lose skin is what I an full of. I wish I could do something about it all, not being able to walk very much makes a difference in what kind of exercise I can do. I really wanted to join a gym except that all of the ones here in Oklahoma are not really user friendly or affordable. I keep hearing about one at work that I guess I am just going to have to go and check out.

Just thought I’d share my breakfast this morning there were 2 eggs, 1 quarter of an avocado, 3 strips bacon and a handful of blackberries (yummy) I’m sharing it with my toddler and husband since I can’t eat that much. I had 1/2 an egg, one strip bacon, a few berries and my avocado.

image-0.00596046447753906.jpg

2 hours ago, Kara Eckel said:

Hey... do I count?? :)

My surgery date 9-28, right on the cusp of what would be considered summer or fall...

I'd say you get to join both groups. Lucky you.

1 hour ago, iattcom said:

Megen lose skin is what I an full of. I wish I could do something about it all, not being able to walk very much makes a difference in what kind of exercise I can do. I really wanted to join a gym except that all of the ones here in Oklahoma are not really user friendly or affordable. I keep hearing about one at work that I guess I am just going to have to go and check out.

Look on Craigslist in the "Free" section for fitness equipment. I just picked up a treadmill last Friday. I also got a stationary bike over the summer and some free weights.

Hey worth a try. After all*** nothing ventured*** Nothing Gained!

Hey gang! Just chugging along over here, and 4 lbs away from 50lbs!!! It hasn’t even been three months 🙌🙌. Has anyone tried kodiak flapjacks? I typically am not eating anything with white flour and sticking to very clean, but heard this is a great alternative?