Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

On 10/29/2018 at 12:08, Megan Sadler said:

So my boss is planning on bringing in treats for us to eat while at work on Halloween since everyone has to work. He’s bringing candy. Same with Christmas. He stopped yesterday and asked me what I can eat so he can bring that so I’m getting black berries as a treat 😂😂 love my boss!! He’s the best lol.
😂😂. I had someone bring bakery treats to a meeting and they brought me in this little cheesecake type thing cause they knew I couldn’t do bread yet. I thanked them and politely explained that unfortunately super sweet stuff is also a no go for me. It was so thoughtful of them, though! I felt bad for having to turn it down.

Great news - I had food today! Like real food; not mushies. Well for two of three meals. I’m really excited. I thought I’d never get through the soft stage. I’m a little worried because I had melted cheese but hope it’ll be ok.

Still can’t keep Vitamins down but think I’ll move to capsules soon. Just sharing my NSV for the day.

I was sleeved on 7/31 and have had a few ups and downs but things have been going okay in recent weeks. Sadly, I've not been exercising as much as I should but I do plan on putting in more effort in that area.

Tomorrow, I go for my 3 month appointment with my NUT. I'm down 41 lbs since my surgery date and a total of 48 lbs since my highest. For whatever reason, I'm nervous about tomorrow. I guess that's just my anxiety talking.

Just had my 3 month (actually 3.5 month kinda) and I hit the 30% lost goal since surgery! Actually at 31%! Cleared for veggies and had chicken and broccoli for dinner and it was amazing!!!

On 10/31/2018 at 17:30, insta_adventurer said:

Just had my 3 month (actually 3.5 month kinda) and I hit the 30% lost goal since surgery! Actually at 31%! Cleared for veggies and had chicken and broccoli for dinner and it was amazing!!!
Congrats!!!

5 hours ago, insta_adventurer said:

Congrats! I had my my 3 month follow up with my NUT today. He was very pleased with my progress and said to keep doing what I'm doing and stay around 800 calories and he said go with 80g of Protein or more and keep my carbs around 39 and fat around 36. He said if I go up on fat then to go down on carbs and that it's okay to switch those around. It's not an exact number to aim for but a ballpark. We talked about various foods and he basically said sugar is the devil. I'm close to 50 lbs down and he said to expect about the same in the next 3-4 months. He said to increase my consistency with exercise which, of course, I already know. 😪

Hi everyone! I kind of disappeared for a while due to family/work stuff. WE FINALLY MOVED! The new house is lovely and in a quiet neighborhood.

Everything else is good. I dislocated my finger last month, so I haven't been able to get back in the gym. Mostly just walking/yoga/aerobic tapes lately.

I noticed I did have a bit of the addiction transfer happening, but it isn't a negative addiction. Now, I've started chewing sugar free gum almost constantly to compensate for my food addiction being gone. I have about 5 different flavors of gum in my purse right now. 🤣

Hello All my lovely Bari Brothers and Sisters!

My apologies too for my silence. I've been in one word...BUSY! As I'm sure you all have too. But I wanted to give you a quick update. Made it back from London last Friday, and drumroll...I lost 2lb in my week there! For the first time in never! Like I always GAIN 5-7 lb a trip! So that was amazing for me! I did not eat out even once and did very well. Keeping my travel scales with me kept me honest as well. In the few days I've been home, I went back to Vegan and had lots of good fruits and veggies and I even had white rice AND I lost another 2.5 lb and am down to 229.2!!! So very thrilled about this!

I had 5 short days at home with hubby and kids and I am flying out to France this afternoon. Ergo, the business! As I tried to cram as much hug time and trick or treat time and fall festival time with them as I could. On this trip the hotel options were not so good. No kitchenette, or even microwave. Just a tiny cooler in my hotel room. How will I manage...I've taken a lot of Protein stuff with me, but I'll just have to...figure it out there 😕 I'm trying so so SO hard to do this right, but French pastries galore await me (this is my downfall), so yeah, say a prayer for me to have the power of will and presence of mind to resist.

Wishing you all an amazing Fall time frame. Really would like to hear how everyone is doing.

Love and Hugs,

Ellie123

20 hours ago, insta_adventurer said:

That's great! I'm at my three month mark and go in next week to the dr. Looking forward to see my progress!

Guess what!!!!!! I am 199.8!!!!! I finally broke the 100’s!!!!!!!!! Also I fit In my husbands pants 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😂😍 and they look great on my butt.

Omg Ellie take me with you!!

49 minutes ago, Megan Sadler said:

Guess what!!!!!! I am 199.8!!!!! I finally broke the 100’s!!!!!!!!! Also I fit In my husbands pants 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😂😍 and they look great on my butt.

Omg!!!!! You are in Winderland, so happy for you!!!!! Congratulations!!!

I was sleeved on 8/14 so not quite 3 months. Total weight loss of 66 pounds so far and under the 200 pound mark. Currently at 194.2 and dropping a pound every 1-2 days, Had to stop going to the gym for 2 weeks but gettin ready to resume as I got a cortisone injection in my back and all better now. Strained it lifting heavy statue in the yard. I am in shock at how fast the weight has come off. Still eat very little but drinking much more Water now and the Protein Shakes do not bother me at all now. Feeling better and stronger. This is best decision I have ever made, but took me almost 7 weeks to feel that way.

On 11/03/2018 at 10:43, Browngirls21 said:

I was sleeved on 8/14 so not quite 3 months. Total weight loss of 66 pounds so far and under the 200 pound mark. Currently at 194.2 and dropping a pound every 1-2 days, Had to stop going to the gym for 2 weeks but gettin ready to resume as I got a cortisone injection in my back and all better now. Strained it lifting heavy statue in the yard. I am in shock at how fast the weight has come off. Still eat very little but drinking much more Water now and the Protein Shakes do not bother me at all now. Feeling better and stronger. This is best decision I have ever made, but took me almost 7 weeks to feel that way.
Wow, you’re doing incredibly!!