Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

So I have to get scoped

As the doorkeeper of Stricture city, 3 EGJ post my RnY surgery, at least another scheduled, probably. on Black Friday, if the biweekly rule still holds. This will be my lifetime 6th Endoscopy, 1 done itranasally by my ENT, 1 by General Surgeon in Mount Vernon, 1 by gastroenterologist in Mount Vernon and the 3+ at OSU with my lovely (and she really truly is , she's really Arab-Canadian, but think a Desert Princess!) Dr Sabrena Noria. So a veteran , I am! I can tell you basically NBD. I have had worse indignenties wreaked upon my body, both awake and inert. And due to a miscalculation on the anethesia/sedation amount, as a redhead we require a tad more. On October 26th I was alert, NEVER fell asleep, watched it all on the monitor. No I was still numb from throat gargle spray you gargle, then swallow it done, so I didn't feel the. e-tube go down, I did though feel it extracted, less discomfort than a Jackson-Pratt removal, yep had one of those back shortly after Drs J&P received naming rights. Really fascinating, better than 90% YOUTUBE videos, recent ones seem to be one step above Crap.
And remember Club Stricture is a very exclusive Club, few things ge5 past US!💓love 😝and smiles. your Frustr8

My dinner. I work at dominos so I just brought bacon and Brussels sprouts, avocado oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder. Flaked onion, and Parmesan cheese. Mixed it all together and put it through our pizza oven 1.5 times and it tasted amazing

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

Ooeee that does sound GOOD

So I’ve been way off track for the last week with my eating. Not following my rules. So today I’m getting back on track starting with a 5 day pouch reset diet.
Then back to Keto because it was working.

image-0.00798702239990234.jpg

And Megan I wonder how all the Summer 2018 people are doing 3 to 6 months out. Seems like,people get their surgeries and then just fade away. Hey people We Want to share your Triumphs Too!😛📦😛

I agree with you I feel like everyone just vanished!

Guess what!!!!!! I am 199.8!!!!! I finally broke the 100’s!!!!!!!!! Also I fit In my husbands pants [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji23][emoji7] and they look great on my butt.
Hi! So am I. I'm two weeks post op on Tuesday. How about you?

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

I am still here lurking and posting from time to time when I feel like I can contribute, today I decided I needed to clean out the fridge and instead of making my husband have two or three of my 1/2 cup bowls I had to attempt to eat them and promptly made myself sick. Guess I got what I deserved I know I can not eat that much that is why it is in a 1/2 cup bowl in the first place.

Many of us have been there, being the Family,Garbage-Can sent me right into the surgical presence of Bradley J Needleman MD. I was always,good at eating the dishes too little to refrigerate. I cheated Rubbermaid and Tupperware's budgets single-handedly daily. And Thank God and surgery that those days are behind ME.

Now I pack in little bowls and I still do not want it to go bad. It all has to be eaten and I use a baby spoon to eat with. Tomorrow will be two months and I am down almost 60 pounds

I am also looking forward to my office Christmas party in two weeks. Next Friday is payday and I will get to go shopping for a new outfit for the party.

I have not posted in ages and all was going good til yesterday. Went on my first long hike and ended it with major dumping syndrome. I mean bad news. I even got an extra added bonus of my extremeties going completely numb for about 15 minutes which sent me into a panic attack. Horrible experience.. So been resting today and eating cautiously.. I had not even eaten anything sweet or naughty before the horrid event.. all in all been happy and down 35 since 9/13

On 11/25/2018 at 19:37, Frustr8 said:

And Megan I wonder how all the Summer 2018 people are doing 3 to 6 months out. Seems like,people get their surgeries and then just fade away. Hey people We Want to share your Triumphs Too!😛📦😛
I’ll throw in my two cents. I’m a summer surgery (July 25). I’ve had ups and downs along the way. Promotion at work (yay) but the dark shadow of depression lurks around every corner (been on medication from 2010-2017, until I found out gym worked better, and is way cheaper!).

Since surgery, I am happy to announce that I’m 57 lbs lighter physically, and add a hundred emotionally (on good days).

Being post op, even with all the weight loss, takes a toll on one’s mental health. With all my research pre-op, I didn’t realize this. Is it just me, or did anyone else struggle emotionally?

I think you are very correct, the toll was undisclosed but it was and is still there. IT REALLY ROCKS YOUR 🌏World to its core!