Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

On 09/13/2018 at 16:35, ellie123 said:

Help! Need your brains to help me think this through...

Folks, all I've had today is a half a cup Optifast Protein Drink, a half a cup Water and half cup tea. That's it....I was mid teaching an online class and I got SUPER naucious. Sliming and all! Kept belching with my stomach in a knot. Had to give them an assignment while I threw up all my pitiful hydration for the day.... Not cool...

Anyone experiencing this? What in the world! I'm mortified I could have been presenting in person when this happened!

This happened on two other occations. Once when I was having Vitamine Water and the other time, I had a clacium chew and some water. The only common denominator seems to be the time. Around 2:30pm. And I feel better right after I throw up...

In other news yesterday night I had my first food following 3 weeks Protein Drinks and Clear Liquids. It was a Soup with very soft vegie chunks in it. It went down quite nicely and I was in heaven :)

I’m two months post-op and had pretty much the same situation last week. All I had consumed was a bit of water and my morning Protein Shake. I think I drank the shake too quickly. I did not throw up, but I had the slimies and was super nauseas. I hid in the bathroom at work until it passed. As I said, I think I drank too quickly.

I finally got to go to target today and picked up off brand dulcolax and off brand mirilax. Waiting for the dulcolax to kick in.

On an off topic note the area my kids go to school in is being evacuated due to a fire. Luckily we live about 25 miles north of their school so we may save some money on gas tomorrow 😂

2 hours ago, Megan Sadler said:

I finally got to go to target today and picked up off brand dulcolax and off brand mirilax. Waiting for the dulcolax to kick in.

On an off topic note the area my kids go to school in is being evacuated due to a fire. Luckily we live about 25 miles north of their school so we may save some money on gas tomorrow 😂

Oh good, hope it works for you! And I hear you re kids, spent evening cooking for them and homework and I’ve started work and... it’s a lot.

Hey all I’ve not been on much Surgery went fantastic and I have a bit of Constipation but nothing I’m not used to also I’m puppy and chicken sitting for 2 weeks lol yay animals I get alll the cuddles

On 09/14/2018 at 02:26, newmebithebypass said:

Hey all I’ve not been on much Surgery went fantastic and I have a bit of Constipation but nothing I’m not used to also I’m puppy and chicken sitting for 2 weeks lol yay animals I get alll the cuddles
Glad you’re doing well! Maybe get milk of magnesia or Miralax, or smooth moves tea for the constipation. Good luck! And also, animal sitting sounds like fun!

I have a question. Bypass on 8/29/18 beginning week 4 and haven’t lost any weight in 4 days. Soooo is this the 3 week stall I’ve heard about is anyone else going through this right now from August surgeries? Yikes. I’ve up my Water to 75 oz a day. Calories are at 650 70% Protein 20 carbs 10 fat

Yes I’m dealing with the 3 week stall right now as well. Sounds like you’re doing good with your intake though!!

35 minutes ago, Megan Sadler said:

Yes I’m dealing with the 3 week stall right now as well. Sounds like you’re doing good with your intake though!!

I finally broke my stall today - it wasn't much of a loss .9 lb - But I'll take it. For me personally this week I changed things up - I slowed down on Protein Drinks and added more natural Protein foods into my diet and increased my total daily calories (they fluctuate day to day) and today it finally brought me down. Mind you it probably helped that I had 2 BMs yesterday (I'm almost at 1 a-day)... But I'll take whatever loss.

My BF reminded me this morning that he's proud of how strong my resistance has been to not going back to old habits and that slow and steady wins the long-term race every time. He reminds me that I just need to "work the program" and stay true.

Add my NSV - while the scale wasn't moving for almost two weeks, my clothes are definitely fitting better. If fit into a size 14 jean capri's (but and legs are baggy) this morning and China size xxl sweater. My mom also commented that although the scale hadn't budged for me, I shouldn't fret because my body is transforming it's becoming more "shapely" - I'll take that....

A lot of our vets on this site say that all the time, I'm a newbie to WLS and 4 weeks in and having experienced most of what each of you have reminds me we can do this! Our will and support for one another is stronger than any stall.

I have a question. Bypass on 8/29/18 beginning week 4 and haven’t lost any weight in 4 days. Soooo is this the 3 week stall I’ve heard about is anyone else going through this right now from August surgeries? Yikes. I’ve up my Water to 75 oz a day. Calories are at 650 70% Protein 20 carbs 10 fat
I had my sleeve this August 24th. I am 21 day post op. Weight myself today and lost only 2lbs since last Friday for a total of 22 lbs since the surgery. Although I would love to continue to lose atleast 5lbs x wk I know I have to be thankful for the 2 lbs lost. Its minds over matters[emoji85]. But some weight lose is better then none. I just feel that now that I am in phase 3 of soft/pureed foods my stomach gets bloated and I feel I gain lbs instead of continuing to lose? [emoji86] again... minds over matters lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Add me to the list of those who have hit the 3 week stall. :57_cry:

12 hours ago, Megan Sadler said:

After you go I'm sure you'll weigh less. Any relief yet?

It’s slow 😩 but yes stuff is passing

I was stalled for about 2.5 weeks and then my scale finally went back down to 252 (I was holding Water from lady time apparently). Hoping I’m back on the losing track now. Stalls are such a buzzkill 🙄

On 09/15/2018 at 01:34, ALFxRNY said:

I was stalled for about 2.5 weeks and then my scale finally went back down to 252 (I was holding Water from lady time apparently). Hoping I’m back on the losing track now. Stalls are such a buzzkill 🙄
My stall was 3 weeks and I just checked and I finally lost another pound. Two more pounds and I’ll be under 250.

I stalled for 2.5 weeks, finally lost three pounds, then for the last week or two have been gaining and losing the same 2-3 lbs. I’m only 2.6 pounds down since September 1.

I’m really hoping the loss starts picking up sometime soon, I was expecting for more than an average of 1.3 lbs per week... 😩😫😩😫